It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Picture That Says Everything About Black Friday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's a new thing overseas but it looks like the religion of greed & consumption on Black Friday is alive and well.

I call this picture:

"Praise be to Asda ...Our New Overlord!"

www.bbc.com...

Incidents at those stores and other locations included:

~About 200 shoppers refused to leave a store in Middleton "despite being told stock had all gone"
~Fights broke out between shoppers in Stretford, and a woman suffered "minor injuries" after being hit by a falling television. The store was closed at 00:36 GMT
~A man was arrested in Salford after he threatened to "smash a staff member's face in"
~A woman broke her wrist in a crush, with Greater Manchester Police's deputy chief constable Ian Hopkins describing shoppers' behaviour as "appalling"
~In Wigan, officers were called to reports of "several hundred people trying to enter the store". Police added: "Two men were ejected before control was regained"
~There were reports of fighting in a store in Hattersley, where a man was arrested for a public order offence
~A man was arrested for assault at a store in Green End
~Bicester Village shopping outlet in Oxfordshire had to temporarily close after roads around it became gridlocked by Black Friday shoppers

Fear not little ones because Corporate will PROVIDE!

Peace

edit on 28-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Capitalism's official holiday

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Well, consider the events of today added to my list of reasons to be occasionally ashamed of my nation, right alongside our Imperial phase, and the existence of television shows like Made In Chelsea.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I was just watching this on the news then i realised this was in the U.K
, it is one piece of American culture we can well do without .

But hey what a great way to get rid of old stock that is not selling or outdated

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well alrighty then, glad to see American culture is having such a positive impact worldwide, and not just on the battlefields or in the oil fields. BWA-HA-HA.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

So whose to blame, Capitalism........?

or the "stuff" obsessed people, dominated by their own need for "things"

is it the "church" of Walmart, Big lots, BestBuy or any number of stores thats responsible, or is it facilitating the needs of the Worshipers of the material

I find it funny that you always take a moment to take a pop shot at conservatives or capitalism or any number of these types of things......

But you dont ever really put thought into what youre saying other then whats on the surface.......

Theres a deeper issue here.......companies are just feeding the need of those who are already morally bankrupt and need to fill the void with possessions..........
edit on 11/28/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

So whose to blame, Capitalism........?

is it the "church" of Walmart, Big lots, BestBuy or any number of stores thats responsible, or is it facilitating the needs of the Worshipers of the material

I find it funny that you always take a moment to take a pop shot at conservatives or capitalism or any number of these types of things......

But you dont ever really put thought into what youre saying other then whats on the surface.......

Theres a deeper issue here.......companies are just feeding the need of those who are already morally bankrupt and need to fill the void with possessions..........

Or is it the companies that are brainwashing the populace into believing that they can't live without their wares?

We are inundated with ADS, SOCIAL MEDIA, TV, NEWS, CONSUMER REPORTS, RADIO, INTERNET with push ADS, Smart Phones that they sell us to push more crap on us, DATA MINING etc...

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It sounds like Walmart in the US. I see stupidity and greed it a world problem lol

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just another brick in the wall.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Black Friday has hit Norway too. No casualties yet, thankfully. Probably won't be any this year. Given enough time though, and the right "deals", you never know.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
It sounds like Walmart in the US. I see stupidity and greed it a world problem lol
it is basically Walmart,that picture isn't from Tesco it's from an Asda which is owned by Walmart.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

True, no one to blame but the greedy individuals who feel the need for objects enough to hurt others sometimes and make fools of themselves.
I can't ever decide whether to feel disgusted or just sad.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Black Friday to me = VERY cheap ammo in bulk...Gonna have some good times at the range for the next few months.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

yet so many of us know that becoming beholden to THINGS is not a good thing........

So many of us see these "black friday" masses of people as people who have lost whats important in this world........

You can blame these companies and ads etc etc etc.......

But really if people are honest, its their own damn faults.......they KNOW whats right, they KNOW inside, that this covetous behavior of THINGS instead of whats important is wrong......

In the end they CHOOSE to do what they do......

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
dbl

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: Skid Mark
it is basically Walmart,that picture isn't from Tesco it's from an Asda which is owned by Walmart.

Ok, changed the name.

Different Corp. Same $#it.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I love the smell of commerce in the morning.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You would never catch me fighting these crowds on Black Friday. It is not worth it. I mean these people behave like animals, and it is ridiculous. I remember hearing about people getting trampled to death, and people just keep stepping over those on the ground. Rarely does anyone stop to help in these cases. And I wonder how many of these people would claim to be religious?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join