It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Boy had Objects Shoved in His Mouth, Ribs Broken, Choked and Died While in Police Custody

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Valiant effort boys! Beers on the house! NOT!

Source

A 17-year-old boy has fallen prey to a violent assault by Huntsville police, who’d rather attack people for possessing arbitrary substances deemed illegal by the state, than solve actual crime.

Everyone makes mistakes no big deal.

The boy was then thrown to the ground and pepper-sprayed.

After pepper spraying the teen, officers held him down and inserted two pens and the butt of a flashlight into his mouth searching for contraband. They didn’t find any.

Shouldnt the parents or guardian have to be present?

Police initially told paramedics that the teen had overdosed, but initial reports show that the blood tests were thrown out so they would have no way of substantiating their assertion.

This is the part that gets me.... they cover up the crime by throwing away evidence. Should there be some repercussions for this? How often is this really happening? Apparently a lot.

I think a bigger riot is on its way and i have a feeling those rioters wont be targeting small business's at the next one.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I used to think that the frequency of these violations were constant and that the increased press was simply that, increased coverage. I now realize that the evidence is ample that the trend is steadily increasing.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Some of what i saw while i was locked up convinced me that the culture of the departments is a major problem and its systemic.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hmm....teen boy? Ok sure he is 17...but old enough and knowledgeable enough to buy drugs, possibly behind his mothers back.

Unfortunately, these days, if you are going to commit a crime you should expect the worse reaction possible from the law. Simple.

Think before you act like an idiot. You can't and won't win. You will lose.

Those who commit crimes have to be lucky every single time, the police only have to be lucky once. Odds are stacked against you.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

these days, if you are going to commit a crime you should expect the worse reaction possible from the law. Simple. Think before you act like an idiot. You can't and won't win. You will lose.

This seems to be the attitude adopted by many on this website, honestly its like smacking your head into a brick wall listening to this sort of idiocy.

Ive no idea where its coming from but its a disgusting sentiment to hold and how any could possible think like that yet contribute to a site such as this is completely beyond me.

Do you work for CNN?, FOX?, DHS??, most people on this site seems to.

I even had someone in another thread tell me how he too would have shot that 12 year old kid, wtf. Its like walking into the twilight zone, this is the sort of **** I hear from the brainwashed retards at my work.
edit on 28-11-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't know why police are allowed to force regurgitation. That can cause some serious damage if not done right. If the case is strong enough, they are going to be in holding anyhow, so make sure he can only go in a pan.

Might as well be allowed to water board if they are allowed to do that.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Hes a police officer who also thinks its ok to beat someones ass if they mouth off. Dont believe me?

Check out his responses in my other thread...

Thread.

I wish i could file a formal complaint.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

As a long time member here I totally agree with you. I've never known so many members here to be so emotionally childish and intellectually stunted about anything like I've seen recently. It's so bad I almost think it has to be some kind of psyop or media driven experiment to engineer public opinion.

I know I've lost any respect for many of the members here as well as ATS in general. The motto of denying ignorance is at an all time low from what I've seen. Lately it's nothing but knee jerk opinions being spouted that are neither intelligent, reasonable, rational or logical. Just a bunch of people talking # and generalizing a whole city worth of people into "Animals, Barbarians, Criminals, Looters, etc." and allowing for any kind of brutality to be allowed and encouraged.

It's #ing sick and reminds me why I stopped giving a damn about people in general a while ago.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Thats why ive been on an assault to continue to introduce my perspective as often as possible. I may not be as eloquent as some posters or author threads with the same quality but i think my view points are well... on point.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Hmm....teen boy? Ok sure he is 17...but old enough and knowledgeable enough to buy drugs, possibly behind his mothers back.

Unfortunately, these days, if you are going to commit a crime you should expect the worse reaction possible from the law. Simple.

Those who commit crimes have to be lucky every single time, the police only have to be lucky once. Odds are stacked against you.

Tool Of The State. This is not a sentient being. This is only a violent compulsion looking for an excuse.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I was at least following your train of thought, until you said this...

Do you work for CNN?, FOX?, DHS??, most people on this site seems to.

Why slam the majority of members here, for the actions of a handful?

On topic: I am of the opinion that ALL law enforcement should be mandated to wear video and audio recorders from the moment they're on duty, until they clock out. I think it's time the public demands it, and doesn't accept any excuses.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think thats a great solution Klass.

I also think we need to change the way these cases are prosecute.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Yeah, he DESERVES to Die.

Thanks/

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm not really understanding of the reason for the rise in cases that paint officers in such a grotesque light, but I agree with you that we, as a unified populace, need to start insisting that all law enforcement be wired at all times with cameras.

Maybe we'll see a decrease in this type of poor behavior on their part across the board.

(ETA : And greater accountability for undue uses of force and penalties applied appropriately.)
edit on 11/28/14 by GENERAL EYES because: ETA

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane
Oh he "might" of had some dope..good thing they killed him..thats all I got for you keeping with the t&c.
Bye.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
Absolutely...

But Rialto's randomised controlled study has seized attention because it offers scientific – and encouraging – findings: after cameras were introduced in February 2012, public complaints against officers plunged 88% compared with the previous 12 months. Officers' use of force fell by 60%. "When you know you're being watched you behave a little better. That's just human nature," said Farrar. "As an officer you act a bit more professional, follow the rules a bit better."

The same applied to the public; once informed they were being filmed, even drunk or agitated people tended to become more polite, Farrar said. Those who lodged frivolous or bogus complaints about officers tended to retract them when shown video of the incidents. "It's like, 'Oh, I hadn't seen it that way.'

Link
I've never been a fan of the all-seeing eye of "big brother", but this is one place technology benefits both the public, and law enforcement.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
OMG, read half it and cannot say online what I would do. Justice one way, or the other because first of all, my kids and I co-own this planet and all resources and will not obey unjust and unlawful laws, to begin with. So this is murder and kidnapping and torture, of a child. And people have to stand up and stop it, period!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
For once Id love for one of you to post a clear cut case of police brutality that I can actually get behind instead of sounding like some pro-cop shill, but unfortunately you've let me down again.

My problem is with the way these things are reported and the wording they use to make the "victim" sound as innocent as possible, and the cop sound as brutal as possible.

I guess I just have a bad habit of reading between the lines, and in this particular case, here's what I've deduced...

Crack or coc aine dealer sells crack/coc aine to an undercover cop, then flees when he realizes he's busted. During his flight, he decides to swallow the rest of his crack/coc aine to avoid additional charges. Despite all attempts to make him cough up the drugs (which would've saved his life) they failed, and the crack/coc aine dealer died of an overdose.

End of story.

Why not just tell it like it is instead of sugar-coating the facts with phrases like "arbitrary substance"?

edit on 28-11-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That type of officer is the reason I'm extremely nervous about my son getting his license. He is an honor student and all around good kid, but if pulled over, he's going to be nervous and I'm afraid some over zealous cop is going to mistake that for guilt. Somehow I get the feeling that those who abuse teenagers, have no kids themselves or just hate kids all together. Even their own.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join