It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why are we giving aid to our enemies. North Korea can not survive without aid from other natons. North Korea gets most of it's aid from China, South Korea, and the u.s.a. . The U.S. should cut off all aid to North Korea, and ask South Korea to do the same. If South Korea will not do this, we should pull out all troops from the DMZ. Our goal and South Korea's goal should be one Korea.

The United States should have pulled out of Korea years ago. WHY? Let me break it down for you.

1. North Korea is a threat to United States but a bigger one to South Korea and Japan.

2. South Korea has a military, but not at the size and level it could and should have. Because it depends on American money and American men and women for it's defense.

3. Japan is one of the worlds richest nations. It could have one of the largest and most powerful military. But it does not,Because it depends on American money and American men and women for it's defense.

4. If the United States would have pulled out of Korea, it would have forced Japan and Korea to spend more money on defense. And would have made the world a much safer place.

Many nations will not use there own money, or risk the lives of it's men and women. Because the United States is happy and willing to be the world police force. Team America: World Police

We spend so much money on defense because we are not just defending our self, we are defending nations like Canada. Canada very large, very rich, no real army.
www.mi7.co...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well... also Iran is a "threat" along with North Korea etc... same story goes for everything about the U.S.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It could be for humanitarian reasons- 22+ million North Koreans still live in extreme poverty, constantly facing food shortages and starvation, the country's still being plagued by famine and their farming methods are very outdated, things like people or oxes pulling ploughs... It's very bad.

I suspect it's also because giving aid provides the USA a bargaining chip, a means of negotiation. ''If you do x, we pull back our food aid''. It's very difficult to get anything done by the North Koreans and especially since Kim Jong Il (who's dead now) they proved to be very unreliable to any claims or commitments.

It may also play a role that the food aid bags typically carry logos and marks, such as the UN logo, USA flag, etc. Even though the North Koreans twist it to make it seem like a ''tribute'' out of admiration for that great country (-ahem-) instead of it being desperately needed aid to keep people alive who're on the edge of starvation. Especially with orphans and in the poorer parts of the country the situation is dire, and wouldn't it look good if the people saw these bags came from the so dreaded and demonised outside world? (despite the fact that there's huge twisting of facts going on, along with the provision of gross misinformation)

1. North Korea is a threat to United States but a bigger one to South Korea and Japan.

To an extent. The North Koreans probably know themselves already that they won't stand a chance. They'll probably waste millions of human lives in a pointless kamikaze-like short war. They could potentially inflict terrible harm on Seoul using nuclear missiles but it's unlikely they'd win. North Korea would collapse, which of course'd lead to the downfall of the Kim dynasty and the scum behind them.

Paradoxic as it may seem: neighbouring countries probably want to keep North Korea in existence. The amount of refugees into (mostly) China is constantly growing and the Chinese don't want them, let alone tens of millions! The local populace wouldn't quite like that. Same goes for South Korea- reunification'd probably be a huge economical hazard.

edit on 28-11-2014 by Pitou because: spelling

edit on 28-11-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I could be wrong, however I thought we (USA) only gave them stuff when we wanted the NPK to stop trying to enrich uranium... I would think that if the US forces weren't in the Peninsula the North would just over run them...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is the 2nd pro US propaganda BS thread Ive clicked on of yours today, whats up?
You guys get paid extra on weekends

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
North Korea is a human rights atrocity. I don't know why that would be propaganda?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
North Korea is a human rights atrocity. I don't know why that would be propaganda?

And the US is a global security atrocity yet the OP is trying to imply that US intervention and meddling is the answer.
Its information delivered to illicit a certain response, reaction or feeling otherwise known as propaganda

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

It would be propaganda because it is not true. North Korea hasn't committed half the atrocities the US has. There are far more countries in the world with a worse human rights record than North Korea, namely Saudi Arabia and Israel. North Korea is a normal country. Their people are not imprisoned in a barbaric country, starving to death; that is propaganda. Their leaders are not crazy; that is propaganda. What do you expect a country to do if the most powerful country in the world conducts military exercises training to destroy your country with nuclear weapons on a monthly basis? Not say anything? Not develop a nuclear deterrent? If North Korea is as bad as the US propagandists have been saying for all of these decades there shouldn't be any people left alive in that country. One should ask themselves why the US government is obsessed with North Korea and has a pathological need to vilify them.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jdoors

4. If the United States would have pulled out of Korea, it would have forced Japan and Korea to spend more money on defense. And would have made the world a much safer place.

Thats not really Japan fault now is it? The USA made them give there military up after WW2 and pounded pacifism into there culture.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

And the US is a global security atrocity yet the OP is trying to imply that US intervention and meddling is the answer.
Its information delivered to illicit a certain response, reaction or feeling otherwise known as propaganda

Actually I thought the OP was trying to imply USA non intervention was the answer.

new topics

top topics

join