It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this another right wing terrorist attack?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

(CNN) -- A man shot up a federal courthouse and a Mexican consulate -- which he also seemingly tried to set ablaze -- early Friday before being shot dead outside the Austin, Texas, police headquarters, that city's police chief said.

The shooter fired "over 100 rounds" in a roughly 10-minute span, but he did not hit anyone even though the bullets ricocheted at a typically busy time in downtown Austin, when streets fill up with people after bars close for the night.

cnn

Was he politically motivated to shoot up a federal courthouse, a local police station and the Mexican Consulate in Austin? A 50 year old local resident with a criminal history went on a ten minute shooting spree until he was either shoot by local authorities or from a self inflicted gunshot. The local police chief thinks this was politically motivated according to his comments here:

Authorities have not offered a motive, but the police chief said that the shooter's "violent anti-government behavior" -- as evidenced by attacking buildings that belong to Mexico's government, the U.S. government and, in the police headquarters, the city government -- may have come from ongoing and often vitriolic debates in society.

"Our political discourse has become very heated and sometimes very angry, and sometimes the rhetoric is not healthy," Acevedo said, adding that the divisive immigration debate "comes to mind," given that the federal courthouse and Mexican Consulate were targeted. "... I would venture, based on my training and experience, that the political rhetoric might have fed into some of this."

A terrorist attack or not? Thankfully he was only able to destroy property and failed to kill anyone.
edit on 28-11-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Was he a right winger? If not maybe he considered himself patriotic? Or just snapped? Either way, some people consider themselves lovers of their country but not lovers of their government.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Acevedo didn't name the shooter but described him as a male Austin resident about 50 years old who had a criminal history.

Hmmm.

Could be a Left Wing tactic like controlled opposition.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Why does he have to be right wing? For all I know this could be a psyopts to blame those who are not for amnesty.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
To be honest here, could he have been drunk? This doesn't mean he's a right winger. Lots of people who love America realize both parties are complicit in its current downfall.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Seeing as Austin is the most liberal city in Texas, chances are he is a disgruntled lefty who just realized how bad Amnesty is going to screw him and others. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

If he was a lefty will they say he was inundated lately with right wing ideology?

"A diehard liberal, ____ in recent years was converted to radical right wing beliefs......"

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Probably.
You know how they can get.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Leftists and the like can get violent too. The thing is the media doesn't like to perpetuate the stereotype of anything leftist. Notice how right wing often goes with radical and leftist often goes with optimism and all that's pretty? Because the media perpetuates the stupidity and people continue to get divided over it.

So it doesn't matter what he was, a leftist, a communist, an anarchist is as capable of doing something like this as a right winger (if he even is).

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What's the matter with name calling haters like yourself ????

Don't you realize that just because your a right wing hater it does not give you a "get out of the insanity of this administration" free card.

When it all comes down, your cannon fodder just like anyone else.

edit on 28-11-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Probably just mad his mail order bride could not get a visa.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

As if the plans for getting rid of most of the population don't include liberals. I know but most feel just because the past administration sinned, it means the sins of this administration are either ignored or turned around to look like victories for the people.

No matter what party, the people get screwed, they continue to be divided.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thats funny, we have recently had a "right wing" "terrorist" here in Britain too!, arrested for constructing home made pipe bombs.

Bit of a coincidence.

He was also white and a UK citizen which is odd because that sort of thing just doesnt happen here in the UK, not white people anyway. LOL.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: retiredTxn

If he was a lefty will they say he was inundated lately with right wing ideology?

"A diehard liberal, ____ in recent years was converted to radical right wing beliefs......"

It's possible. One of my best friends lives in Austin, and has been a "diehard liberal" as long as we've known each other. Since retiring, he and his wife travel all over the country in his big ol' bus. He now says he understands some of my views, and is thinking about voting more conservative. I and several of our friends were shocked by his revelation.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Or...Hear me out on this guys because its gonna sound really crazy for me to say this...

Maybe he was JUST FREAKIN' NUTS!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Double post...
edit on pFri, 28 Nov 2014 16:10:12 -0600201428America/Chicago2014-11-28T16:10:12-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Are you kidding me? lol

Leftists don't get demonized in the media? Yeah only to the point that we have zero representation in government and anything we do, we're labeled radical extremists.

My apologies to Projectvxn.
edit on 11/28/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

As for two party nonsense I don't think this current administration equals no representation.

As for humanity, extremists, despite their affiliation are all generally nuts.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Liberals aren't left, they're center. In the US, we have liberals and conservatives as the main stream so middle and right. No left.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Maybe the modern ones but I don't think liberal policies were enacted solely through conservative means. Same as conservative policies. Liberals exist in the government and in the streets. They're as misguided as conservatives though, with a cleaner image in the media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join