It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm disgusted with the Ferguson situation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

In hindsight there's always something that cpuld have been done differently. If wilson had cleared his previous call five minutes later, none of this would have ever happened to begin with.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: smurfy

The chief did nothing at all to help any aspect of this situation, and in fact only made it worse. He was absolutely out of his depth in every possible way. Honestly I think everybody above Wilson (not including him is my point) is to blame for this fiasco.

Telling the truth as you know has nothing to do with helping a situation, truth often hurts. Sometimes the law doesn't care, other times it's FFS don't say that, while the reality is that often many local people already know the real event, and not the official version. It happened here, a local, let's say town police commander sat on a sectarian murder for years even though those responsible were known to him,as well as everybody and their granny, did it keep the peace? yes up to a point, but made matters worse in the long run. My point is was Chief Jackson telling the truth or was he not?
If he was, deal with it, while taking into account the actual reason for the press conference on the video, which was about the robbery that Michael Brown committed. Why did he sit on the video? was it because he understood that the robbery and the eventual Michael Brown's killing would make everything done and dusted legal, while he knew that officer Wilson did not know about the robbery?
It is also quite clear that the second video with the prosecutors statement says that officer Wilson heard the details about the robbery and a description of the suspect along with the Cigarillo's in hand is a mile away from what Chief Jackson said in middle August, which is quite clear to the press once they asked their questions, and that was reported on correctly as given. So someone is not telling the truth including Wilson, and everybody is suspect in the absence of a correction of official statements made. Ad Hominum on Chief Jackson without the wherewithal counts for nothing.
edit on 28-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

but that's just it. he doesn't think he could have done anything differently as he said in his interview.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

And that's his prerogative. Were he to say "yep I screwed up," while that might make people feel better (and let's be honest, I doubt very seriously if him making a statement like that would cause everybody to break out into a hugfest), it would also open him up to a massive amount of liability. He can't even say something like "yea, I would've parked further away" without it having massive ramifications.
edit on 28-11-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I frankly don't recall if it's this thread or another, but I've previously stated that I believe everybody above Wilson screwed up by the numbers. My point in saying the chief was out of his depth was that he should never have been chief to begin with, for a myriad of reasons. I think he's a far more likely candidate for trying to spin control things than anybody or anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join