It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chael Sonnen Versus Jacques Vallee

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

He's on ESPN, didn't you hear?

espn.go.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
for those who dont know of Jaqcues Vallee is:

I have great respect for Vallee but I also thing there is a false dichotomy here namely Extraterrestrial or Extradimensional. They are both. They are, most likely, spirits from another world that can have physical bodies like us. At 5:00 he asks what is taking so long for the aliens to get the job done but this presumes that we know what the alien agenda is. They are not here to do research so this is a strawman.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ten percent of a billion dollar pie can buy you a lot of Xcience energy drinks, O-Ray. Without a doubt, White is a front man to the Ferritas Brothers. Without their backing, White would still be in Boston organizing Tough Man contests.

You ain't going to see any one armed boxers in the sport of Boxing fighting for a title ever. The kid had to sue the State Boxing Commission because MMA falls under the BC's guidelines if it wanted to have legal events in that particular state. The target of the suit was MMA and NOT Boxing. if MMA wasn't under the umbrella of the BC, it would another run-of-the-mill street fight.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
so mma is on the way out cause there is a ladies division in the ufc?
but its cool for boxing to have a womans division??

also, the ufc is only a small part of mma. it is the biggest in the states but there are organizations all over the world.
ive always been partial to the japanese promotions....

ufc has always been my least favorite

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Klassified

Hiya bud, it's not the greatest Vallee interview we've heard; just one for the collection.

Vallee has a cool new quote, “I’m the only one in the field that doesn’t know what they are.”

The interview is brief and doesn’t cover anything that’d be new to ATSers interested in Vallee. He mentions a new military term that covers UFOs and UAP: Unconfirmed target (UCT) Otherwise, it's a quick chat that covers moon hoaxes and conspiracies in general. The Tim Binnall interviews are probably my favourite, but they are a good 2 hours long and Binnall is steeped in the subject and ufology and knows all the memes and nuances. Chael only had 15 mins and had to paddle the shallows.

a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

You forgot mention that Chael Sonnen was convicted of Real Estate fraud, fined and lost his RE license several years ago. Proves the dude is BS artist and a white collar criminal.

Boxing is still the sweet science. MMA is a dirty bloodsport. I can't get behind a sport that allows combatants to fight limbless and with Down Syndrome and while allowing a fighter to punch another when he is on the mat/floor.

I didn't 'forget,' it was irrelevant to the interview. MMA and boxing both have their fair share of assholes, otherwise how do so many boxers retire dirt poor? They get screwed by 'white collar' management.

Boxing is sweet yeah, I love it and have been concussed this year through sparring - outgunned. You're 10 years wrong about MMA being a 'dirty bloodsport.' Of course they can punch when someone's down, it's Mixed Martial Arts where some fighters want to stand and punch and others favour ground wrestling. If they weren't allowed strikes on the mat, it might as well be called boxing. Fighters can defend themselves from the ground and, when they can't, it's tap-out or the bell goes.

If you watch someone like Demetrious Johnson, it's clinical striking and great wrestling all the way. Sure, there are slug fests like Velasquez and Dos Santos' trilogy of murder at the high end of the weight categories. Most fights end with submissions rather than knock outs. There's brutality and there's top of the scale athletic ability and training. After Christmas, we've got a biggie with Danial Cormier V Jon Jones and they are both athletes with DC being a world-class wrestler.

As for the Downs Syndrome guy? That was a beautiful story of a father and son relationship and how a kid with Downs found an identity he could live with.
It's okay to say you didn't know about Sonnen's past legal problem. but don't make it like Sonnoen is some intellectual that debate with a UFO legend like Vallee. Sonnen has walked out of interviews before like on TSN's "Off The Record" with Micheal Landsberg when the questions were getting tough for him answer. Notice that the UFC has WAY too many events because the UFC is burning out their fighters. Ask GSP about that.

I'll admit it, I'm old school. But, one shouldn't hit your opponent on the floor in a sanctioned fight unless it's in a street brawl. Valasqeuz and Dos Santos would be knocked out by Vladimer Klitschko in the first couple of minutes. I think the kid with Downs brings down your sport of MMA in disrepute by making it a circus side-show. There is a reason MMA fighters call themselves PROFESSIONAL fighters and not part-time participants.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread subject that was suppose to be about UFOs and Aliens. I would gladly meet you on another thread debating the merits of Boxing over MMA any time.
edit on 29-11-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexico

Valasqeuz and Dos Santos would be knocked out by Vladimer Klitschko in the first couple of minutes.

I would gladly meet you on another thread debating the merits of Boxing over MMA any time.

not the same, tired, the boxer will knock out the mma guy in the first round crap...really?

im getting ready to watch a movie right now but i will start a thread tomorrow in the world sports section and we can get into it..
sound good?
im itching to have this debate?

coolio?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Hiya bud, it's not the greatest Vallee interview we've heard; just one for the collection.

Vallee has a cool new quote, “I’m the only one in the field that doesn’t know what they are.”

The interview is brief and doesn’t cover anything that’d be new to ATSers interested in Vallee. He mentions a new military term that covers UFOs and UAP: Unconfirmed target (UCT) Otherwise, it's a quick chat that covers moon hoaxes and conspiracies in general. The Tim Binnall interviews are probably my favourite, but they are a good 2 hours long and Binnall is steeped in the subject and ufology and knows all the memes and nuances. Chael only had 15 mins and had to paddle the shallows.

You forgot mention that Chael Sonnen was convicted of Real Estate fraud, fined and lost his RE license several years ago. Proves the dude is BS artist and a white collar criminal.

Boxing is still the sweet science. MMA is a dirty bloodsport. I can't get behind a sport that allows combatants to fight limbless and with Down Syndrome and while allowing a fighter to punch another when he is on the mat/floor.

I didn't 'forget,' it was irrelevant to the interview. MMA and boxing both have their fair share of assholes, otherwise how do so many boxers retire dirt poor? They get screwed by 'white collar' management.

Boxing is sweet yeah, I love it and have been concussed this year through sparring - outgunned. You're 10 years wrong about MMA being a 'dirty bloodsport.' Of course they can punch when someone's down, it's Mixed Martial Arts where some fighters want to stand and punch and others favour ground wrestling. If they weren't allowed strikes on the mat, it might as well be called boxing. Fighters can defend themselves from the ground and, when they can't, it's tap-out or the bell goes.

If you watch someone like Demetrious Johnson, it's clinical striking and great wrestling all the way. Sure, there are slug fests like Velasquez and Dos Santos' trilogy of murder at the high end of the weight categories. Most fights end with submissions rather than knock outs. There's brutality and there's top of the scale athletic ability and training. After Christmas, we've got a biggie with Danial Cormier V Jon Jones and they are both athletes with DC being a world-class wrestler.

As for the Downs Syndrome guy? That was a beautiful story of a father and son relationship and how a kid with Downs found an identity he could live with.
Retired boxers become broke because they mismanage their finances. You are asking for financial trouble when you pay all the perks for an entourage. If you get concussed in a sparring match, put your guard up and learn to duck. Use the old Boxing adage "protect yourself at all times". It's okay to say you didn't know about Sonnen's past legal problem. but don't make it like Sonnoen is some intellectual that debate with a UFO legend like Vallee. Sonnen has walked out of interviews before like on TSN's "Off The Record" with Micheal Landsberg when the questions were getting tough for him answer. Notice that the UFC has WAY too many events because the UFC is burning out their fighters. Ask GSP about that.

I'll admit it, I'm old school. But, one shouldn't hit your opponent on the floor in a sanctioned fight unless it's in a street brawl. Valasqeuz and Dos Santos would be knocked out by Vladimer Klitschko in the first couple of minutes. I think the kid with Downs brings down your sport of MMA in disrepute by making it a circus side-show. There is a reason MMA fighters call themselves PROFESSIONAL fighters and not part-time participants.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread subject that was suppose to be about UFOs and Aliens. I would gladly meet you on another thread debating the merits of Boxing over MMA any time.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

It's okay to say you didn't know about Sonnen's past legal problem. but don't make it like Sonnoen is some intellectual that debate with a UFO legend like Vallee.

You read a lot into things and way more than is actually there. I wrote that Sonnen tested positive and added links. There was no need to write up an entire history when the OP was just highlighting a podcast for Vallee fans.

Even this boxing versus MMA is your own argument. I haven't said one is better than the other. Of course Klitschko would beat MMA fighters with stand-up boxing. Likewise, he would be beaten if he fought by MMA rules.

You've got a low opinion of MMA and think the sun shines out of boxing's ass. That's fair enough; you're entitled to whatever view you want. In the meantime I'll keep watching MMA fights and boxing too. Even though last night's Fury V Chisora fight is more proof that the heavyweight division is woeful.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

If a man with his background and access doesn't know "what they are", what hope is there? Or is he another sentinel?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Super-debunker Phil Klass' curse continues to hold true....

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Super-debunker Phil Klass' curse continues to hold true....

Curious and curiouser still....I get logged out as I submit post.
Lets see if I can remember what I was trying to say.

So yesterday I was reading this thread: Sefer ha-Razim -- The Book of Raziel
which led me to the ebook. I was a very interesting read.... Later that day I turn on the boob tube and come across "Angel in America". The scene is the dying AIDS patient (the prophet) has invoked a demon from his "fever dream". Meryl Streep tells him he must command the demon to bless him after he wrestles her (how very fitting for this thread).

So we have three experiences within 24hrs that seem to co-habitate, synchronicity, reaffirmation? What's the word I'm looking for here?

Simply a coincidence? My little one is learning about patterns and how to recognize them...yet another pattern, in a pattern of patterns perhaps. Maybe Vallee knows.

edit on 30-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Chuckles.

I don't know how it works, but there appears to be a frequency of coincidences and synchronicities that somehow seems to increase when people attend to the mysteries. It's peculiar!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Chuckles.

I don't know how it works, but there appears to be a frequency of coincidences and synchronicities that somehow seems to increase when people attend to the mysteries. It's peculiar!

I must admit the action of "investigating" is in itself a "trigger" to such synchronistic happenings. My trip to New Mexico and Colorado earlier this year to explore the ancient Pueblos (Anasazi) was even more so. Is suppose more outward energy, i.e. the act of traveling, produced even more recognizable patterns.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.…

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Have met Sonnen and he's a genuinely nice guy- more than can be said for some of his peers who ONLY have a nice guy PR image for the cameras.

Of course he's said and done a few things that are questionable but that's how he puts food on the table; he has in fact done very well for himself- what with being a one dimensional fighter in a multi dimensional discipline and all...

Nice interview and if aerial phenomena is going to get the proper scrutiny it deserves it needs coverage by people without conventional associations.

GSP's tales were interesting as he is an aspirational role model to a lot of people and his assertions about UFO's probably carry more weight than testimonies of air force personnel, flight crews etc amongst people who follow MMA.

Would never fully trust testimony from someone who is suffering loss of time AS WELL AS taking head shots for a job- but interesting nevertheless.

edit on 30-11-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Would never fully trust testimony from someone who is suffering loss of time AS WELL AS taking head shots for a job- but interesting nevertheless.

No, probably not! lol

The Rogan interview was good for letting us see inside of GSP's thoughts. The guy's as tough as they come and yet he sometimes worries that the aliens are taking him away at night. We're all scared of something...

I stopped listening to the JRE after it seemed to increase the advertising and the waffle. LondonReal is pretty good when they have the right guests. Over the years, they've had some great interviews with boxers, MMA fighters and other martial artists.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Pretty cool video.
I agree with Vallée's perspective and I think they are, in fact, demons because there are accounts of them leaving when people claim the blood of Jesus Christ and when they talk about religion (the supposed ascended masters, peaceful ones), it's always with new age ideas and they either deny Jesus or say He was just an enlightened being like Gandhi, Buddha, etc..
edit on 30-11-2014 by Emma3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ten percent of a billion dollar pie can buy you a lot of Xcience energy drinks, O-Ray. Without a doubt, White is a front man to the Ferritas Brothers. Without their backing, White would still be in Boston organizing Tough Man contests.

You ain't going to see any one armed boxers in the sport of Boxing fighting for a title ever. The kid had to sue the State Boxing Commission because MMA falls under the BC's guidelines if it wanted to have legal events in that particular state. The target of the suit was MMA and NOT Boxing. if MMA wasn't under the umbrella of the BC, it would another run-of-the-mill street fight.

Which means had he wanted to box he also could have, as the lawsuit would have been identical, and he would have won.

I also proved there is someone who is a boxer with Down's Syndrome.

There are no one armed men in the UFC, so what is your point? Seems like you have none, do not know what you are talking about, and I have proven you to be a hypocrite on the subject.

Your "sweet science" does in fact have exactly what you claimed would make you dislike a sport, but for boxing you make excuses so it doesn't matter, and then for MMA you make excuses to make the issue bigger than it is.

So now you have 3 choices.
1. Admit you were wrong and those issues really do not matter for MMA or boxing.
2. Admit you were wrong and you no longer like boxing.
3. Remain a hypocrite.

Like MMA or dislike MMA, I could not care less, just don't come up with trifling reasons that are not even true and make no sense.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexicoNotice that the UFC has WAY too many events because the UFC is burning out their fighters. Ask GSP about that.

You clearly have no clue why GSP left, as it has nothing to do with the UFC burning out their fighters and GSP fighting too much. GSP fought 1-2 times a year. He was fighting just as frequently when he retired as he was several years ago, the last time he fought 3 times in 1 year was in 2007, and he was actually fighting less before he retired because he was injured. He fought once in 2012, and once in 2011.

It's ok to admit you do not know much about MMA, an d you don't like it.

Oh and in an MMA fight Klitschko would not last 1 minute. He would win a boxing match, so what?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Which means had he wanted to box he also could have, as the lawsuit would have been identical, and he would have won.

I also proved there is someone who is a boxer with Down's Syndrome.

There are no one armed men in the UFC, so what is your point? Seems like you have none, do not know what you are talking about, and I have proven you to be a hypocrite on the subject.

Your "sweet science" does in fact have exactly what you claimed would make you dislike a sport, but for boxing you make excuses so it doesn't matter, and then for MMA you make excuses to make the issue bigger than it is.

So now you have 3 choices.
1. Admit you were wrong and those issues really do not matter for MMA or boxing.
2. Admit you were wrong and you no longer like boxing.
3. Remain a hypocrite.

Like MMA or dislike MMA, I could not care less, just don't come up with trifling reasons that are not even true and make no sense.
I admit nothing. I am not a hypocrite for loving the great sport of Boxing. It's not my fault that you don't understand my points. Create a thread on MMA vs. Boxing and I gladly spar you in there. I don't want to take away the importance of this current article.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexicoNotice that the UFC has WAY too many events because the UFC is burning out their fighters. Ask GSP about that.

You clearly have no clue why GSP left, as it has nothing to do with the UFC burning out their fighters and GSP fighting too much. GSP fought 1-2 times a year. He was fighting just as frequently when he retired as he was several years ago, the last time he fought 3 times in 1 year was in 2007, and he was actually fighting less before he retired because he was injured. He fought once in 2012, and once in 2011.

It's ok to admit you do not know much about MMA, an d you don't like it.

Oh and in an MMA fight Klitschko would not last 1 minute. He would win a boxing match, so what?
There have been too many UFC events in bi-weekly intervals both on PPV and on free T.V. GSP has inferred that he needed some time away from MMA fights that would indicate burn out. He barely won his last fight.

I know MMA, buddy. So don't say that i don't. I've watched since they were fighting in UFC 3 in Colorado in the early 90's. BTW, Klitchko wouldn't fight in an MMA match because it would be below his pay grade.

Start up a thread, I'll see you there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join