It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minecraft: A Sea Temple?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So I made another video of Minecraft, mainly for my cub scouts as they are big Minecraft fans and like to watch them.

It's been a while since I had done one because I was busy removing water from a large ocean area where I found some sort of temple structure under the water. Was wild looking:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

i always play in creative mode. but what you are saying here is that if i start wandering around exclusively in large bodies of water there is a possibility of encountering one of these underwater temples?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's crazy... I think part of it might have been underground...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

That's crazy... I think part of it might have been underground...

did erik say that he made that? or that he found it?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thats awesome. If you found that I can see a whole new breed of Minecraft Explorers.. I think those Scouts will dig it.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Me and my lad recently got into Minecraft, and i've been reading the wiki a lot. Yunno, to help him, certainly not for my own late night tower building and skeleton bothering.

These "Ocean Monuments" are auto generated only under quite tight conditions i believe... iirc you need an ocean in the centre of your map.

Ocean Monument at wiki thingi
edit on 28-11-2014 by skalla because: better link

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Me and my lad recently got into Minecraft, and i've been reading the wiki a lot. Yunno, to help him, certainly not for my own late night tower building and skeleton bothering.

These "Ocean Monuments" are auto generated only under quite tight conditions i believe... iirc you need an ocean in the centre of your map.

Ocean Monument at wiki thingi

.....ah, crud. foiled again.
edit on 28-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have been thinking about trying Minecraft but not sure if I would like it, I checked it out and it said it was $19.99.

Is there ANYWHERE to play it for free as a trial to try it before you buy it or no..?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

You can d/l "creative" mode for free i think, which is basically a digital Lego set. Ish.

When you buy the game you get "survival" mode though, which is kinda a Lego set, mixed with an action adventure scavenger hunt thingy with added panic and starvation.

I think it's a bloody hoot, i have not enjoyed a game as much for ages.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

I have been thinking about trying Minecraft but not sure if I would like it, I checked it out and it said it was $19.99.

Is there ANYWHERE to play it for free as a trial to try it before you buy it or no..?

um, yeah. but you have to torrent it. message me if you want the link. i can also recommend a suitable torrenting program if you dont already have one.

a reply to: skalla

no, theres a version that comes with both creative and survival mode. its kind of basic though, doesnt have a lot of the perks that come with the latest p2p

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Of all the games out there, Minecraft is actually worth the price.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Of all the games out there, Minecraft is actually worth the price.

it is certainly better than bejeweled and mahjong.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well... For those who are interested, im a die hard minecraft fan....

These ocean temples are new in the last update 1.8, they do include a boss and a few new mobs

Unfortunately I never play vanilla minecraft, I usually only drop in to see whats new In the most recent update...

For anyone thinking of buying the game... Highly... HIGHLY recommended!!

Unless you're trying to get your girlfriend to play a game with you (worked for me, shes hooked!
)

leave the console version alone and go directly to the cpu version...

Theres literally hundreds of thousands of mods out there, some of them are just incredible...

I will be covering the latest one im playing in a thread in the near future.... and its sooo awesome so far

Heres a few examples I've covered in the past...

GalacticCraft

Think you know Minecraft? (Mo Creatures)

TerraFirmaCraft: Survival as it should have been

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I don't socialize much on here, just read and post sometimes.

I don't even know how to message anyone...lol

I have Limezilla that downloads torrents but I never have, thought it was dangerous to download them because of a danger of not knowing what exactly I was downloading, thought it was easy to download bad stuff......??

Not much of a computer guy....

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yes I found it.

Please cease any discussion about obtaining this game by means other than buying it legally please.

I can not moderate my own thread, but I'm sure staff may be along shortly.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Yes I found it.

Please cease any discussion about obtaining this game by means other than buying it legally please.

I can not moderate my own thread, but I'm sure staff may be along shortly.

Sorry sir, I am not looking to get it illegally, just wanted to know if there was a way to try it for a free trial before shelling out the money first...

Secondly I apologize, didn't mean to hijack your thread, Thought you may be able to answer my question.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You can download Minecraft and give the demo a try if you go to their web site and register:

minecraft.net...

I'm not sure how long you can try the demo, or what the demo has. Used to be, you could download it and play it, but unless you bought it, you couldn't play it online or get updates. But it's changed a LOT since then.

No worries about "hijacking" the thread. It's a good question that you asked.

Just wanted to make sure that no one else posted anything about trying to get games or software for free illegally since ATS sort of frowns on that sort of thing, heh.

And quit calling me "sir", I work for a living!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I never see you work...... just playing video games. haha

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Good one! You got me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join