It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

star wars: the force awakens trailer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
not much of a trailer...a teaser really but it got me stoked about the movie.

i know the star wars 'purists' have been ragging on it cause the tone seems to be different since disney took over.

i am of the opinion that more star wars is always a good thing.

there is not too much info on the plot or even the charcter...of course ford is back as han solo and hammil is luke...i have a hard time thinking of him as anyone other than cock knocker but thats for a different thread.

3p0 and r2 are back...chewie is in it. andy serkis is in the cast list so that means yoda...thank christ for that

the trailer looks to me to show tatooine so i am hoping we get to see some good shots of tosche station.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

That's a fan-made trailer, but the official one should be released some time this week if i recall correctly.

I've never been a real Star Wars fan, but maybe this will make me go an re-watch the series, haha.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

damn. didnt know that..
sorry about that

i saw on huffington that it was released but you had to watch it on some apple crap...
hit up youtube and saw this and just assumed it was the real deal...

sorry man

in the 5 minutes since posted the thread, huffington imbeded the a actual trailer

www.huffingtonpost.com...

and from the tube

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I see JJ still found places to slip in flares (I think everyone pretty much expects that, though)

I'm not a SW fan, but both teasers look pretty stinkin' good. I think I might have to see this one when it comes out.
edit on 11/28/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/28/2014 by Nyiah because: Edit: Saw the HuffPo linked teaser now, too

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i want to know who the sith is in this one.

i just read that it takes place 30 years after the fall of vader

that trailer shows a sith in the woods and his light sabre is sick

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

FINALLY the legit trailer!

Now I can catch some sleep. LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

confirmed characters are luke, han, lea, r2, 3p0, and

imdb has andy serkis listed as cast so i am hoping for yoda. i dont see them making a star wars film without yoda

from imdb/wiki
A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

i am curious as to who the sith is...could be any number of them really. does the light sabre match any characters from the books?

edit on 28-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was 7 when the first one came out and loved the first three installments .I don't think Disney can do any worse than the last three that came from Lucas.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If its 30 years after then yoda would be dead so i imagine it will be a ghosty type thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

My theory, and not an uncommon one, is that the Sith is Luke Skywalker.

As for the books? As of about a month ago Disney / Lucasfilm announced that the only cannon for Star Wars will be the first six movies and the two animated series "Clone Wars" and "Rebels" - everything else, including games, is out.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

One reason I lost interest and walked out of Interstellar is because of the intentional degradation of the spoken dialogue. It seems to be that effect is applied to this trailer. Perhaps it is merely a case of bad, rushed mixing. I await the thoroughly produced version.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Luke as the Sith Lord would be brilliant.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

He is the joker in the cartoons after all

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
Luke as the Sith Lord would be brilliant.

Nahhhhhhhh Luke no way,can't be luke,leah yeah jealous of her brother gets drawn to the darkside.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

Though the books have been expelled from canon, they included Luke falling to the dark side and that made for some very cool story-telling via the avenue of Luke and Leia's-Hans children. Considering they've cast some fairly young leads in these films it is within reason that the story they could go with would be the fall and rebirth of Luke - and the reestablishment of the New Jedi Order.

JJ Abrams loves to throw wrenches into rumors. Just the statement that the books aren't canon might be a red herring. We won't know until it hits.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Rumor has it!

Benedict Cumberbatch.... is possibly in the movie..( remember the speech to Luke about the wise Sith teaching of resurrection )As a Palpatine Reboot....

It is also mentioned on the Star Wars VII message board ..

Either way. I'm a fan and can not wait!

ETA: he was spotted on the set... and on Grahm Norton when ask if he had ties... "no comment" the response....

edit on 28-11-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
If its 30 years after then yoda would be dead so i imagine it will be a ghosty type thing.

yeah...something to that effect.
when yoda died he dissipated and became 'one' with the force.

we must remember that yoda was the most powerful jedi of the bunch.
who knows how he will be able to manipulate the force..know what i mean?

much like obi wan appears to luke....
maybe yoda will be able to take it a step further.....either way, im sure he will make an appearance.

i think fans would be super pissed if we didnt even catch a glimpse of him.

back to the most powerful...correct me if im wrong on this...i am not an encyclopedia of knowledge...

we know anakin was a force sensative human conceived to shmi by Midi-chlorians.
his count was 20,000 which was higher than even yoda but anakin/vader did not have the skills or control that yoda did.
nobody did.

hell, anakin got ruined by obi wan and when he was vader he got owned by bitch ass luke....
just sayin

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Here's footage from a movie theater... sounds like a concert, the audience goes insane. Goose bumps, can't wait!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I can't wait for it to come out.And yes he will throw a spanner in the works,Han Solo as the new sith lord...

In the mean time i will watch this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Here's footage from a movie theater... sounds like a concert, the audience goes insane. Goose bumps, can't wait![/quote

Umm... that link is of cartoons swearing! Lol... I laughed though..

:-) Bigburgh

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join