It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I was wondering if a freeze ray could be possible. Can anyone help me out with this?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Webmonkey336
I was wondering if a freeze ray could be possible. Can anyone help me out with this?

Well mabye not a ray but some CO2 is great.
The CO02 in the fire exstinguisher one is cool.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Could CO2 be used in the form of a weapon to capture or kill someone/something?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i suppose you could use liquid nitrogen but you mean a beam hrm is this possible with liquid nitrogen?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would imagine that some sort of device that can emit a burst of liquid nitrogen would, in itself, be a type of "ice gun."

Edit: Here's a nice link with some info on liquid nitro:

www.iigas.com...

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Mephorium]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
I would imagine that some sort of device that can emit a burst of liquid nitrogen would, in itself, be a type of "ice gun."

Liquid nitrogen evaporates REALLY fast though, so either you'd have to have a high pressure and a high volume, or you'd just have to be very close to the target.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm curious wether or not a weapon could be made that has the same result that freezing weapons in the movies are possible. ie A guy gets hit and his body is frozen solid at which point he could be, well, shattered.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
cmdkid, you must be the genius I heard so much about. Nice to meet you.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Got me thinking - what about a wave or particle which does the opposite to what microwave ovens do. Where as the microwaves "excite" the water molecules, this proposed beam would absorb the internal energy of the water molecules - thus lowering the average Kinetic energy of the water molecules and ultimatly temperature.

I believe some laboratories use laser cooling to grab those extra few degrees Kelvin near absolute zero to generate Bose-Einstein condensate. This is very small scale though.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Actually, I think lasers have been used in experiments to 'cool' gases and the like. I have no idea how this is supposed to work tho, it seems entirely counter-intuitive to me. I doubt it'd work in a way that coudl be used against people anyways.

I think that it works by using an array of different lasers, I guess that they 'hold' the particles in place or something.

new topics

top topics

join