It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Firehose in action at riot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Video link example in action

Notice
1) the "peaceful" sitting protestors are completely unharmed even though the violent guy is within arms reach

2) highly mobile and targetable

3) puts out fires

Why don't all these police stations get this equipment and deploy it during riots instead of stocking up on armor personnel carriers and such?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Deluxe !!!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
lol...that guy

GET ME!
edit on 27-11-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Yes. lets remind all the old folk what the civil rights riots of the 60's were like.
While were at it lets sick some dogs on the rioters and really bring the past alive.

None of the hosers were alive to remember it anyway…

videos of firehoses in action

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That is what they needed in Ferguson Missouri the other night.

The temperatures were near freezing and if they had soaked the rioters/looters it would have been the end of the problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
While watching the Ferguson lootings and vandalism, I was wondering why they didn't have the fire trucks use their hoses on those committing crimes. It would have prevented a lot of damage and considering the cold temps, maybe caused the vandals to depart and go home.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yes. lets remind all the old folk what the civil rights riots of the 60's were like.
While were at it lets sick some dogs on the rioters and really bring the past alive.

Firehose technology has come a long way since then. Instead of a group of guys hosing down an indiscriminate mass of rioters, they can now squirt individuals who attack instead of tear gassing the whole crowd. Isn't this what the protesters want? Target the trouble makers who run out and throw projectiles and put out the burning vehicles which could explode around them?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Firehose technology has come a long way since then.

Water pressure hasn't changed.

But you're right, its a lot easierer to get guys to point a joy stick (aiming a water "cannon") instead of a hose. Firemen have problems with "putting out" people.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Well we old folks remember the riots alright and are wondering what the hell happened to officer friendly on the block. Some of us are far more outraged than you about what is going on now. And BTW not all riots were handled so well. Do a study. And if I am alive to remember it so are the hosers.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux Non lethal way of dispersing thugs. Thats a novel idea. It should have been used. Then those businesses would not have been destroyed. Allowing destruction of property by the city and county was complete uncalled for.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Some of us are far more outraged than you about what is going on now. And BTW not all riots were handled so well. Do a study. And if I am alive to remember it so are the hosers.

I did study it. I lived through those times. Believe me when I tell you that it upset me as well.

My sarcasm is my way of down playing how much.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: liveandlearn

Some of us are far more outraged than you about what is going on now. And BTW not all riots were handled so well. Do a study. And if I am alive to remember it so are the hosers.

I did study it. I lived through those times. Believe me when I tell you that it upset me as well.

My sarcasm is my way of down playing how much.

So basically your position is that society has the means to use non lethal force to save communities from burning down and not kill anybody in the process of riots, yet there is no stomach for the optics of belligerents getting hosed down?

How is a rowdy rioter getting a hosing any less appetizing than tear gassing everyone including the media?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Now the anti riot trucks can pulse the water stream and fire slugs of water.

The slugs of water are like getting hit with a baseball bat

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh no! oh the poor buisnesses! OH NOE!! the poor corperations. * Noooooo my brick palace * Says the quickie-stop owner.
Those poor corperations, Are they okay? Did they break anybones? Are the corperations bleeding? LOllll

You know if the shop owner wasn't such a dick to michael brown maybe non of this would of happened.

But besides all that, people were just looking for a reason to party.

And that's all furgerson is, A party.

I garentee only some of the residents are protestors and he majority of that crowd is people who came out of town just for some car flippin fun and some good old lootin.

Why do i make such assumptions? Humans are so predictable.

I live about an hour for vancouver and this crap happened 2 hears ago here when we lost a hockey game. LOL. we were going to riot weither we won or lost. It was preplanned because people wanted to riot it that year. Everyone was saying it.

*Oh bro if theres a riot im totally gunna join in, Even if its meaningless*

Brunes vs cannucks = Riot either way.

So these idiots *Protesting* against inequality in furgerson are there simply to flip cars and cause chaos and take selfies.

Sorry to paint all those people with an ungly picture. But this is a reality.
The people who actually support furgerson are there because they are racist towards whites. And want greater equality than their presumed limmited freedom they enforce on themselves. The world isn't Racist yet black people would love you to think that because it gives them more privileges and oppertunities. And who wouldn't want those right?

edit on 28-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

How is a rowdy rioter getting a hosing any less appetizing than tear gassing everyone including the media?

The looters and burners were in and out gone before any hose cannon truck could arrive. In fact as far as I understand they let the buildings burn. If you are suggesting they spray the groups of people that were actually just protesting, then shame, shame.

Done here.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The looters and burners were in and out gone before any hose cannon truck could arrive. In fact as far as I understand they let the buildings burn. If you are suggesting they spray the groups of people that were actually just protesting, then shame, shame.

Done here.

But if the hose cannon truck arrived even late, at least they could put out the fire.
In confrontation mode, which you cannot pretend we did not witness live, the water cannon can be used against the projectile thowers. The video I provided is ample proof that the guy next to the belligerent will only get slightly wet while the projectile throwing crazed animal gets put on his ass.

new topics

top topics

join