It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cows milk and cheese is no longer safe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Grow your own vegetables, keep your own chickens. Job done.

While I agree with this, how? How are people who work an X amount of hours a week to keep themselves afloat supposed to? I know where I live, I can't have even have any vegetables. (No space, it's an apartment.) I can't move either to facilitate the ability to be semi self-reliant even though that's the dream.

Instead of just spouting out "Grow your own!", how about sharing some actual helpful information? Like provide links that can help a person find healthier, non tainted food?

Here's a link that'll help you find local farmer markets: Link
Here's a site that helps people shop for GMO free foods: Link
Here's a quick link that'll show you some plastic you should avoid while shopping: Link
More info on plastics to avoid when shopping for food: Link

These are just a few quick links to help people get started. So please, in the future Dabrazzo, be helpful. Quick snips like "do it yourself" doesn't do anyone any good.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou
a reply to: Auricom

Vertical hydroponic grows, everyone has the space there is no excuse. And im pretty sure a search a engine of your choice will offer a plethora of information more than I can link here to be honest. Its not difficult.

edit on 28-11-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

news.harvard.edu... A professor raises more concerns, and an independent food critic raises more concerns. www.foodcom.org.uk... but strangely no scientific studies on what could be the most damaging product for the nations health. We could also be talking about the feminisation of boys, and the increased oestrogen levels causing female problems to escalate.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Dabrazzo

news.harvard.edu... A professor raises more concerns, and an independent food critic raises more concerns. www.foodcomm.org.uk... but strangely no scientific studies on what could be the most damaging product for the nations health. We could also be talking about the feminisation of boys, and the increased oestrogen levels causing female problems to escalate.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Well I didn't want to hammer the point but, as far as contamination goes the list seems endless...Constant milking causes sore teats which causes mastitis, and requires constant antibiotics. Faecal contamination is endemic in the milk as well. The diseases MS and Diabetes have a link as far as a reaction to milk intolerance, any good the milk can do you is negated by the casein content which as an industrial glue is great but it also binds the nutrients up as well. To produce the copious gallons of milk a good dairy cow is required to, the special foods required to do this all end up in the end product which is after all a processed food. I wont start on cheese but to say that it has ten times the goodies in it that milk does. As it takes ten litres of milk to produce a kilogram of cheese.

Source please.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I was surprised to find that in France, they keep milk in the cupboard until opened.
Their milk is not only pasturized, but sterilized. So I started asking around why we don't do that in the US, and the answer I got was that if it was sterilized, it could be stocked up on easier, which would lower the demand. This is to protect dairies.
We get lots of waste, but at least the demand stays high.

When I was a kid, the dairy was a small family owned operation around the corner, now I don't find those when I go home anymore. But on the freeway, I pass these huge industrialized farms with what seems to be thousands of cows crammed together, and I think- maybe keeping the demand so high got out of control? Why do we need to support such huge business that ends up going to crazy lengths to make a surproduction, ending up with these kinds of problems??

Hormones, antibiotics, and other drugs, to force the animals to grow bigger, make more....it doesn't make sense to me.
I look at many of my family members in the US, and they are all at least chunky.....but I noticed many of them seem to eat less calories than I do, and some get more exercise! For years I have been wondering if that weight gain is not due to the hormones in the meat and dairy products, added to fatten up the beasts, which then get ingested by people.

Sterilization of milk makes it less tasty, from what I have heard (I don't know, I can't drink the stuff. Lactose intolerant).
But sometimes I wonder if tiny things like that, wouldn't help make some changes in the long run?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Cows only produce milk after the birth of each calf, the cow will 'dry up' eventually, and then needs to be inseminated and go on to produce another calf, and therefore more milk, Freisans produce the most milk, twice a day, and are called 'water carriers' in the industry, the best milk is from Jersey cattle.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

the 2 cows we had did not get much more than hay, water and some grain, nothing more. they produced milk year round, but a cow needs to have a calf first and then continuous milking so it will continue to produce milk.

so you claim doesn't really hold water or in this case milk

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Excellent information.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Tamoxifen isn't a growth hormone.

It's an estrogen receptor blocker. You give it to people with breast cancer, it keeps the cancer cells from "seeing" estrogen, which slows their division

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Been drinking organic whole milk recently. It's low temp pasteurized. You can't believe the difference in flavor to your ordinary crap whole milk they have been selling us. Tastes like the milk I remember as a kid. Even comes in glass bottles like it used too. If anyone is a real milk lover, then this is what you should be drinking. It also has a much longer shelf life than the mass produced crap. That stuff is probably poison.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The question is .... Is it killing enough? No one important has the cojones to acknowledge the elephant in the room, overpopulation.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

The trends of life expectancy clearly debunk the idea that we're being "depopulated".

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i agree with you too much hormones in milk i used to live in wisconsin back in the 80s and all the 7th grase girls in my class except the three who lived in town had double d cup sizes thats like 70 out of 73 girls what did all the top heavy girls have in common their parents were all dairy farmers the other three girls were barely a b cup

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I live in England so there may be differences in whatever cows are fed or injected with.. However, I switched to non dairy for about a year and replaced a lot of my produce with non-GMO soya. However, I seemed to balloon in weight, my asthma got a lot worse, my gums receaded, lost muscle mass and suffered from problems in the male department. I have since switched back to milk, albeit filtered whole milk, and my body has started to returned to normal. In fact I feel fitter and stronger for it after just a month. On average I get through about 1 pint a day but treat it as a foodstuff (it has plenty of calories and fat) so have it as a lunch replacement.

My other half though has difficulty with lactose and has found a lactose free milk has been of benefit to. So I'm not sure that all milk is bad, perhaps different industries?
edit on 29-11-2014 by ObsidianEclipse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Everybody makes greats points on why milk is bad for people but the most obvious point seems to be ignored and that is that we are not freaking cows. Bovine milk is for bovines, if we need to drink milk and it shouldn't be past the age of 2 it should be human milk. No wonder people have herd mentality when all they drink is cow juice.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

This is sad and disgusting. I wish I could buy an(all natural, free range or organic(?)) steak. I'd like to proclaim that America and all others who aren't should go back to local production but nobody in NE would be able to get a bannanna during the winter. I do wish we could produce whatever is possible locally...from beef to chicken to lamb. The hormones and antibiotics are unacceptable, but so was Alcoa's aluminum by-product, Fluoride, that gets dumped in our water supply. All of this just makes me sick...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I've often thought that if you force nature, you end up with a type of food that no longer does you the slightest bit of good, but will actually end up as a slow poison.

I'm not responding to your milk alarmism, but what in the world has made you always think this? It's flat out not true.
edit on 29-11-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

if you Google it their are plenty of responses heres one. overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org...

edit on 29-11-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

I've often thought that if you force nature, you end up with a type of food that no longer does you the slightest bit of good, but will actually end up as a slow poison.

I'm not responding to your milk alarmism, but what in the world has made you always think this? It's flat out not true.

Have you actually bothered to read the web sites I have quoted?
edit on 29-11-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join