It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now ...for the good news...... a brighter future for the economy.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
globalconnections.hsbc.com...

HSBC is either blowing recovery smoke up our collective butts or there may be some light at the end of the long dark tunnel....

.But there is hope. In fact, seated at a table in a hotel suite that overlooks Toronto’s busy Bay Street corridor, Barton sees nothing but opportunity. He’s utterly effusive—well, as effusive as a mild-mannered, self-deprecating Canadian can be—about the outlook for both the Canadian and U.S. economies.

In a report to be released next month, McKinsey outlines existing and emerging opportunities that have the ability to utterly transform the U.S. economy. “Some are already unfolding, while others will require more concerted actions to capture the opportunity,” Barton says.

He cites housing starts as one reason for optimism. Other positive signs? Manufacturing companies, which have for decades systematically shipped jobs overseas, are coming home. Recent announcements that Apple Inc. and General Electric Co. are bringing some production back to U.S. soil are hopeful signs that manufacturing is making something of a comeback, Barton says.

Personally, I don't sense the Pollyanna attitude among the great unwashed out here on the west coast.....but ya never know.....
What does the consensus read ats......
edit on Fri Nov 28 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Not so sure if I agree with what this guy is saying.

He seems to really be pounding at the idea of Canada taking advantage of the business opportunities over in China with regards to infrastructure, etc. But that doesn't help the average small corporation who can't dole out the capital expenditure to spread their wings across the ocean.

I would prefer to see further small business development in Canada, by Canadians, for the benefit of Canadians... ie: directly rather than indirectly.

Revenues streaming in from across the ocean is all fine and dandy, but once that revenue stream slows (ie: China no longer needs our infrastructure services), then what ? If we haven't bothered to invest in building up revenue streams within our own country (self-sustaining revenues), then this guy's solutions are only for the short-term.

In-house economic longevity is the key to developing a stronger economy.

Short-term bandaid fixes just don't cut it.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
globalconnections.hsbc.com...

HSBC is either blowing recovery smoke up our collective butts or there may be some light at the end of the long dark tunnel....

Well it just could be the smoky thing, HSBC was just one out of the crowd of bankers, and who withered the financial crash well, then it transpired they had big money drug laundering accounts. Nobody went to the pokey it seems, just a financial slap on the wrist.

www.bloomberg.com...

The figures are mind boggling, the 'fine' of over a billion...a piffle. This is our world, I do hope some other judge in the US takes them to the cleaners, I won't hold my breath.
edit on 27-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

This is total crap. A recovery cannot happen as long as citizens, government, and businesses are in historic levels of debt - which they are, there is very limited spending capacity.

Combine this with obamacare being phased in for everyone, illegals flooding in, and technology eliminating jobs at the fastest pace in history, and the immediate future is very grim at least for the non top 1 percenters.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Er,.So would you all say this is more disinfo smoke.....buy those stocks and bonds!
HSBC is notorious for other activities alright......

top topics

join