It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sponsors UN Resolution Revoking Freedoms Of Speech, Assembly, And Association

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Would you have bothered to click on the link to the actual text if you were not trying to prove me wrong? Or would you have lapped up all the irrelevant (and untruthful) claims that Ukraine is run by Nazis, and then accepted the misleading interpretation of the resolution at face value? The first few responses on this thread show how inclined people are to jump to conclusions without looking deeper, especially when the biased account confirms their own bias.
edit on 11-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
There is alot of scum out there, it always seems to rise to the top, clump up then sink to the bottom, where it become annoying because it tends to burn to the pan.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I clicked the links ... what for info would do you consider as mandatory that, as of you, wasn't featured. The resolution number is available via the first link and its content is available for everyone to see if they wish. If they wished to suppress the info they wouldn't have provided the link.

Now which MSM outlets are doing a more accurate coverage, as of you, than RT on the matter ?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Their failure to expose the poison pill indicates that their reporting was actually the intent of the resolution. Russia proposed it just so that the Russian propaganda apparatus could con you into thinking it was about America supporting Nazis.

ETA: My reporting on the matter is much better than RT's as it was effective investigative journalism. I exposed the truth of the affair. American media has not done a very good job of investigative reporting lately... however the current administration seems to be inspiring them to rise once more.
edit on 11-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What do you reckon to be the 'poison pill' ?
Which MSM outlets are doing a more accurate coverage, as of you, than RT on the matter ?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
There is alot of scum out there, it always seems to rise to the top, clump up then sink to the bottom, where it become annoying because it tends to burn to the pan.

Could you explain what this has to do with the topic of this thread?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

What do you reckon to be the 'poison pill' ?
Which MSM outlets are doing a more accurate coverage, as of you, than RT on the matter ?

Did you read the thread at all? The language is broad enough not only to enable state censorship, but to actually require it! It would classify Ukrainians who rebelled against Stalin as Nazis, and forbid teaching about them. It could classify anti-war films as Nazi propaganda and forbid them. It makes tearing down Stalin era monuments illegal. The western media did not cover this story at all, which is a shame, as it would have helped the American public understand how Russian propaganda works.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Why do you feel the need to shame RT for a reporting you can only consider as of your own views as better ( what a model of modesty you are BTW ).
If there is any such thing as a lie by ommision, those who ommited the story as whole - the MSM - are way bigger liars than RT.

There is tough police at work and it already threathens free speech in the US, but it doesn't come from Russia.

edit on 11-10-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Since the resolution was vetoed, it doesn't matter, so there is no sin of omission on the western media's part. However, you must see that the entire thing was just a publicity stunt. That is how Russia's state propaganda organ functions. RT, Sputnik, and RIA Novosti report accurately but incompletely, or use sources that allow themselves to distance themselves from statements they know to be inaccurate or false. It is true that western media sometimes do the same thing, but I trust you can see the difference between private citizens doing it for political purposes and governments doing it to deceive the people they should be serving. And I agree, there is an active threat to the First Amendment in the United States.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So far you haven't been able to tell us clearly what was missing, just that you consider your crap to be better.
Why is it better ? Because of unproven claims about Russian intentions.

Hopefully all thoses claims of Russian ingerence are being investigated.

Burr: Russia probe will expose erroneous reporting

Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) stopped short of endorsing Trump's Thursday morning call for a congressional investigation of the media. But Burr did predict that the final product of his panel's bipartisan inquiry into Moscow's disruption of the 2016 election would illustrate factual errors in some media reports on the issue.

"We're not going to investigate news organizations, but we will use the findings of our report to let the American people hold every news organization accountable for what they portrayed as fact, in many cases without sources — at least, no sources that would admit to it," Burr told POLITICO.

"And I think, when we finish our report, we will find that quite a few news organizations ran stories that were not factual," he added.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Please read the thread. I lay out exactly what was withheld and why it is dangerous. Burr is desperately spinning. He wants the President to think he is siding with him without appearing to blow his objectivity in the eyes of the public. His claims are intentionally vague, and you will note that he does not specifically claim that the Steele Dossier is a total fabrication. Apparently, the jury is still out on that one... But that, of course, is another topic.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So every single statement that contradicts your neo-McCarthyst views are spinned, probably because Burr is a Kremlin agent while we're at it ... Do you realise the amount of ridicule that is now mandatory to give a minimal amount of consistency to your hopes of not being delusioned by the Russian-narrative ?

If the Steele dossier is a fabrication, please update your thread, as of now it is just like you still believe in it :

If you don't think Donald Trump has ties to Russia, you need to watch this

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Ad Homs are not a substitute for reasoned discourses. All you seem to be capable of is ridicule. Did I say that Burr is a Kremlin agent? Did I ever say the Stele Dossier was completely true or even legitimate? By all means, click on the link to that thread and show everyone where I said that. Please stop trolling... I would hate to see you get banned. Please address the topic. If you think I am wrong explain why..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You said he was desperately spinning. You projected that he would be thinking that he wants the President to think he is siding with him without appearing to blow his objectivity in the eyes of the public.
His statement is not vague : "we will find that quite a few news organizations ran stories that were not factual" ... What word don't you understand in the sentence ?

Why are you wrong ? Well so far you didn't say why you consider you were right if not because you have a very opinion about yourself. Do you still have hopes in the Steele dossier ?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Very well. Burr did not have to make a statement at all. Why make one now? Although he is not up for reelection in this cycle, the midterms have begun, so the timing and conclusions of the committee will be interpreted as politically motivated, one way or another. This may be a way of reassuring the President-- whose campaign he worked on-- that he still supports him. Taken together, this suggests that the results might not be what the President would wish. He did not name specific media outlets, nor what exactly they said that was untrue or misleading. That is vague. He may have been talking about RT for all we know. As for the Steele Dossier, it may or may not be legitimate and it may or may not contain both accurate and inaccurate information. I have never said otherwise. Incidentally, many authorities believe that it is consistent with other examples of kompromat.
edit on 11-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
He may have been talking about RT for all we know.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join