It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS evolving into something different?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It seems that since I came back to ATS there are far less conspiracy threads than there used to be.

I am not compaining but asking if anyone else has noticed a change.

Skunkworks and the grey area seem far quiter as do most of the conspiracy sections.

It seems far more discussions on politics and current affairs and less and less about aliens, reptilian overlords and the darn right strange.

I would be interested to know if this is the case and if it is because of upcoming elections and some new wars are coming along or weather we are just running out of conspiracies to discuss?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'd hazard a guess that it's to do with a lack of stories coming from conspiratorial sources...

However I haven't visited David Icke's website in about a year...

I've probably missed all sorts.

Also, most seem to be fixated on Ebola, IS & Ferguson...
Which have, to be fair, had a share of conspiracy related theories...

But nothing too extravagant...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Also, most people would rather simply keep their mouth shut than deal with the s###storm that comes with posting highly speculative conspiracies even in skunkworks.

edit on Cam11Thursday0620144830Thu, 27 Nov 2014 11:06:48 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thats what I was wondering, I know we have had quite a few big issues going on latley if you look at the live update page there's almost no conspiracy threads at all, You would think that although something like Ferguson would dominate right now skunkworks had had about a dozen posts in a week.

It was the same with Ebola when every other topic was Ebola related for about a month.

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Great observation! ATS is a broad spectrum of ideas and seems to shift back and forth depending on whats happening in our world. I think it's great. And I do think there is room for everyone here. I enjoy reading quite a bit here on a wide variety of discoveries and political rants..

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I agree as since I have come back I dont think I have posted in a single conspiracy type thread.

As I said I was interested if it was a gradual evolution into something different or a continuous back and forth.

As I think about it after 2012 and planet X came and went we lost a huge part of the conspiracy side and 9/11 is becoming part of history.

A lot of the other conspiracys have been done to death like the moon landings Jfk ect.

a reply to: scattergun

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with whenever someone posts something about aliens, reptilians, and the darn right strange, they get attacked from every direction.

They don't get approached with civil discussion, they literally get attacked from every direction... more times than not.

So why would anyone bother ?

And it's not just the ufo forums that are in constant need of heavy moderation all the time to try to keep civil discourse these days, it's a lot of other conspiracy forum sections now too.

If anyone dares to display a thought process outside of the norm, the hyenas show up in droves.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Done to death....Im sure the NWO will be happy to hear the distractions are working.....

What ive noticed is that the site is getting more threads of a national tattler nature....
Less serious or scholarly input more facebook crap....
And yes intolerance for conspiracy theories does abound lately....either the theories are less comprehensive or we have more shills on the job these days....

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am glad you brought that up, I also considered that but did not want to mention it in case it was just me and I was attacked myself

Another posibility is that we could be alienating newer members who can get shot down for trying to start a thread on something that was discussed a long time ago in a long dead thread.

I have seen too many threads shot down by older members flying in and telling the OP that this has all been discussed before and thats the end of it.

a reply to: CranialSponge

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would recommend the aviation forum. There is a ton of interesting stuff going on in there. Tons.

But as the other poster said most just don't want to be attacked from ever angle, alienated by other members that they used to get on well with, don't want the attention from those outside of ATS, don't want to deal with the people on the payroll who come out of the wood work to try and discredit you. So not so much conspiracies being posted anymore.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Maybe it has something to do with whenever someone posts something about aliens, reptilians, and the darn right strange, they get attacked from every direction.

They don't get approached with civil discussion, they literally get attacked from every direction... more times than not.

So why would anyone bother ?

And it's not just the ufo forums that are in constant need of heavy moderation all the time to try to keep civil discourse these days, it's a lot of other conspiracy forum sections now too.

If anyone dares to display a thought process outside of the norm, the hyenas show up in droves.

There are quite a few Trolls out there. I really don't see why as there's are plenty of room here on ATS for discussions on a noble level. I just ignore the fools as they appear and join in with members that actually add to the topic. I do admit to lurking in on a few threads just to read the rants some make and find them pretty entertaining. Just got to take the good with the bad I suppose!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I agree with the things being said as a reason so far, but there`s also the more natural evolving development of people their brains becoming more skeptical. So the tendency would naturally be to leave the more outrages theories alone and a focus shift towards the more plausible ones.

With times getting more and more chaotic, people also will naturally be searching towards things which are more solid to try and have a grip on things, as to searching things which are more prone to believes.
edit on 27 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Because the true Conspiracy is known at its source: LINK

Gospel of Thomas

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

The only thing left to do is rest and watch. We are the witnesses of the Watchers. They failed to do their job and lost their position of authority. The tables are turned. We are now the ones that watch them as the world they create crumbles. We then rule them after they destroy us.

Irony - a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

Enoch told us what would happen.

Seek, Find and Adaptation. Evolution is:

Latin prefix e means to come out of. Volution is twisting around a center. We are in the whirlwind we reap. By this, we adapt and change. We rise to new life from involution, which is baptism. Earth, Air, Water, Fire and then Spirit. We are entering the fire.

edit on 27-11-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There has indeed been an influx of humanitarian issues as of late. I've been doing my best to bring Grey Area and traditional avenues of thought exploration to the boards, but it's a little slow going on this end in regards to worthwhile contributions and insights. Hopefully that will change soon and we can get back to the nitty-gritty of unconventional topics of discussion.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

What happened is conspiracies have gone mainstream. Back in the day it was a fringe topic.......No longer. Now millions of people are seeing the real world for what it really is. This is not a bad thing but a much needed change. Problem is over time this causes fear and apathy in many people.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
" ...nevermind the truth, or denying ignorance....

If a thread is claiming that no airplanes rammed into the twin towers on 9/11, or that the victims of 9/11 are all alive living in Canada, or that there are no dead children in Sandy Hook, etc, then those threads deserve to be in HOAX or OnLineLies. Truth and denying ignorance demands it.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What ive noticed is a lot of religious threads.
A heck of a lot more than when i joined.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'm of the opinion that politics are the greatest generator of conspiracy theories of them all. I don't think I'm alone in those thoughts either.

But yea, I do miss the UFO/Bigfoot/science conspiracy stuff as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ATS is slowly becoming a mainstream news discussion site.

And I use the terms 'news' and 'discussion' loosely.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join