It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama hoping a Racial Civil war breaks out in the US?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

We have a disagreement on the definition of a word, again, Flyers.

If cult and religion mean exactly the same thing, why do we use different words?

A cult, in the modern sense of the word, refers to a small group, or at best groups, that are specifically NOT a part of a larger religion, such as Christianity.

Like it or not, Black Liberation Theology is as Christian as any other belief within that spectrum, and is no more deviant than what is spewed by the Family Research Council or similar groups.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Everybody can disagree all they want but the answers you kept asking for were posted consistently and you kept denying it. That's not discussion. You've proven to us why you disagree but besides that you haven't done anything else besides ask for answers already posted.

We see you disagree but you made the thread personal when it was a civil discussion. If it was intentional you obviously achieved what you set out to do but it just shows you can't debate.

So stop attacking posters, pulling back when they tell you facts and allow this discussion to continue with civility. If you cannot stand opposing viewpoints this discussion is not for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: sheepslayer247

People stopped listening to you in this thread when you decided to call everybody right wingers. Now you cannot take it back, so don't flip flop. If you don't think your tactics aren't obvious you have to rewrite your script.

I see it this way, people can't stomach Obama being badmouthed so they believe derailing a thread with petty personal jabs and then trying to look "calm" while people go back and do the same thing you did to them. It's a very, very old tactic.

Who's really brainwashed here? The ones thinking outside the box or the ones flipping out because people are?

I didn't have to take anything back. You are trying to say that I called EVERYBODY right wingers. That is a false statement. I have used the term many and most, but not all or everyone.

Why do you have to lie to make a point?

And I'd like to know what other people you speak for. To say something like "people stopped listening to you" indicates that you are talking to others about this topic and they have all stated such, or you are just talking out of your ass in a petty attempt to de-legitimize my position.

As far as Obama being bashed, please do. I will join in on many bashings....if it addressing a real issue. The ACA, I could bash him on that all day. It's garbage. Obama trying to start a race war? Nope. I can't do that because it's stupid and there is no evidence to even suggest it.

So people who disagree with you are nutbags now? Can you leave your personal insults out of this thread? Because it shows you cannot discuss things intelligently with those you oppose.

Once again , I never said that and you are once again you either can't read or are lying in an attempt to de-legitimize my position. I believe I have been quite intelligent in my responses and in return I have received irrelevant knee-jerk responses and even lies.

When people come to an illogical conclusion based on no facts whatsoever, they are nutbags. Now since you have a reading comprehension issue, let me say that does not mean ALL,EVERYONE,EVERYBODY falls in to that category. Only those that are willing to go to moronic levels to try and justify a silly conspiracy fall in to the nutbag definition.

If you fall in to that category, I apologize. In order to not be a nutbag, one must use logic and common sense before to jump to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think the November 2014 *thud* has damaged many Liberal arguments.

Many historical events have occurred.

Maybe December will get better.

Perhaps the "Hope & Chainz" will be resurrected.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually it's what you guys are doing. We were discussing it but you decided to derail it because you disagree. If that's not ignorance I don't know. We're trying to deny it but if posters continue to post the info you keep asking for, and you keep denying it, it shows the ignorance that's prevalent in your view and not ours.

I'm assuming you agree with sheepslayer and think we're nutbags, right wingers, loonies, etc?

You've tried to shut out discussions by using circular logic and I'm really surprised you haven't been kicked out of this thread by now considering how you sent it off the deep end.

Many posters don't like the president and because we don't doesn't mean you can keep asking the same questions when posters continue to give you them.

You have to learn how to play ball because your tactics haven't offered anything to this thread.

How dare he ask for facts, huh? Those pesky facts ca ruin a good bashfest and loony conspiracy. How dare we "derail" a thread by pointing out the logical flaws and lack of convincing evidence?

Pretty much what you just said is "you are not playing the game the way we do, so you are trying to derail the game.....get out!".

Damn Gryphon.....these guys are too easy.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So essentially you just called me a nutbag for "not using logic and common sense before jumping to a conclusion"? Really now? Are you bored?

OT: Cult is a term usually reserved for smaller groups, where as religion is used for larger, more older and established groups. Unfortunately, the meaning usually blurs together because both can be considered the same thing. I can imagine before Christianity became a "religion" it was a "cult".

Now I live in a small town, many go to church and believe what the preacher says . I don't. Problem is, these isolated preachers feel they are the ultimate word (above scripture) so they interpret the religion however they want to. So they shape the minds of their congregation (which usually doesn't go beyond 100 members). It's very much a cult, as much as it's a religion. I've run into people who say dinosaurs aren't real (they're hoaxes put by the Devil to mislead true believers according to them), also ran into people who say Obama is the antichrist (of course they said Bush was it before...).

Seems like many churches have their own doctrines, the basics may be the same but the little technicalities change depending on who's interpreting the book.

This isn't exclusive to small towns, it's everywhere. BLT, Christianity, Jonestown, Judaism, kind of the same thing to me. The interpretation can be very personal but it depends on who you're listening to.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

So essentially you just called me a nutbag for "not using logic and common sense before jumping to a conclusion"? Really now? Are you bored?

Are you admitting to not using logic, facts and common sense to come to a specific conclusion? If so, yes. I'm not bored, I just like to know whom I'm dealing with. A person that comes to a conclusion without looking at facts, logic and common sense does nothing to expose truth. In fact, they are an enemy to it.

Also, why didn't you address the lying issue? Are you embarrassed about that?

Cult is a term usually reserved for smaller groups

I don't care. You can call it whatever you want. The fact is that just because Obama went to a BLT church does not mean his speech was an attempt to start a race war. It requires a leap in logic and that is reserved for the nutbags.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No I was using your words. And what lying?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

No I was using your words. And what lying?

People stopped listening to you in this thread when you decided to call everybody right wingers. Now you cannot take it back, so don't flip flop

You have made the claim a couple times that I called EVERBODY right wingers. I properly refuted that and yet you continued to say it. It is a lie? I did not say such a thing, did not flip flop and you did NOT use my words. You had to change them to make a point.

When I pointed that out, why didn't you address it?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Read your own posts, the answer to your questions about calling everybody right wingers is in your own posts. Now will you contribute to this thread or will you continue to complain about posters?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Read your own posts, the answer to your questions about calling everybody right wingers is in your own posts. Now will you contribute to this thread or will you continue to complain about posters?

I went back and read all of my posts. Not once did I claim that EVERYONE is a right winger. If you're correct and I have missed it, please post it in response to prove me wrong. But that won't happen because I never said it.

Actually, you were the one to inject the idea that my comments were directed towards everyone with this statement:

You thinking everybody who doesn't agree with you is stupid is very ignorant.

On topic: There is not a race war coming, Obama was not trying to start one and there is no reason to believe he is.

Period...end of story.
edit on 11/29/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It won't happen because I won't sit here and watch you twist words to fit your agenda. Now since you feel your opinion means the end of this story I'm gathering you'll be moving along so we could discuss this issue without those who feel the need to disrupt the thread?

Now, since I was not speaking to you but FlyersFan about religions and cults,

BLT inculcated members just as other cults (religions) do. But the fact that it has this much sway over our current pres is insane.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It won't happen because I won't sit here and watch you twist words to fit your agenda.

Or because I never said it and you were caught in your lie.

Now since you feel your opinion means the end of this story

As far as I'm concerned, yes....it's the end of the story. That does not mean the rest of you cannot continue on.

I'm gathering you'll be moving along so we could discuss this issue without those who feel the need to disrupt the thread?

Would that make you feel better? Do facts and common sense pose a threat to this thread? Wait, we all know the answer to that. Of course it's disrupting the thread. I apologize for having a part in trying to bring some sanity to the loony bin.

But the fact that it has this much sway over our current pres is insane.

Again, another comment with no backing. What proof do you have that BLT has much sway over Obama? Educate us please.
edit on 11/29/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yeah, you've actually dug your own hole once you came in here with your agenda. It failed, we saw through it.

Logic doesn't get in the way of our discussions, only those who offer nothing but personal insults and circular logic.

I did like the memes though, they were ironic.

So anyway, this civil war will happen eventually, it's a given. Tension has been brewing in this country for a long time and they will only get worse. The trick they're hoping for is people to fight against their neighbors instead of trying to unite for the betterment of them all.

A house divided against itself cannot stand, eventually it gives way to the stress. However I don't think the majority of people will join in because most will choose to not become violent and could even band together with likeminded individuals. The fighting will be precipitated by the media, as they show riots, clashes with the police and citizens looting lots will feel they have all the impetus they'll ever need to "mess things up".

The sad thing is the fact that the people won't be victorious through this, they'll only end up living under more oppression. All the violence will be what the system will use to justify their reaction, clamping down on the people. Hopefully there will be some form of unity even if there is oppression. The fact that unity exists in ways means there is some hope for society.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Logic doesn't get in the way of our discussions

That's obvious. I wish that would have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

My bad.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Additional fuel.......

EXPOSED>>> St. Louis Public School Lesson Plan on #Ferguson and Gentle Giant #MikeBrown – Part 2

"Act xxx": infiltrate the school systems.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
While I do appreciate the posts and opinions for this thread as a reminder it was about
Obama and him possibly wanting a Racial civil outbreak... Thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think they already have been infiltrating the schools for a long time. Start the kids young and it'll be easier to get them to do what you want. Their agenda is so out in the open....

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Additional fuel.......

EXPOSED>>> St. Louis Public School Lesson Plan on #Ferguson and Gentle Giant #MikeBrown – Part 2

"Act xxx": infiltrate the school systems.

I read about this earlier and I cannot find a reliable source. From what I can tell, it came from Jim Hoft at the Gateway pundit. If that's the case, it is possible that it is fake.

You may want to provide a real source to this, or you may be disseminating a fraud and a lie.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Actually, the "Obama Race War to Seize Absolute Power" meme from the Republican right-wing does not have anything to do with current events, and was contemporaneous with Barack Obama's candidacy:

During the October 8 [2008] broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Michael Savage invited callers to discuss what they "fear the most if [Sen. Barack] Obama wins" the presidential election. After airing a clip of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Savage said: "I fear that Obama will stir up a race war. You want to ask me what I fear? I think Obama will empower the racists in this country and stir up a race war in order to seize absolute power."

This has been a RW talking point since the beginning. Before Martin, before Brown ... and actually, even before Obama.

Savage declared on the June 13, 2006, broadcast of his program that if Sen. Hillary Clinton ran for president, it would "stir up a race war, a civil war in the country to get that hag, that harridan elected." Savage added that a Clinton presidential campaign would provoke "race riots" and "will be one long hate crime against white people."

Michael Savage - Obama Race War - Oct. 9, 2008

Sound familiar?

Youtube - October 26, 2008 - Obama Communist Terrorist Race War

Just to demonstrate that the approach has been long documented in all media ... including Youtube.

Infowars, December 11, 2009, "Is Obama Really Preparing for a Race War"

And so on and so forth. It's an old meme guys. Old and tired ... and it has nothing to do with anything Obama has or hasn't done. It was set up, as demonstrated, as far back as 2006 with Michael Savage wailing that Hillary Clinton would start a race war.
edit on 20Sat, 29 Nov 2014 20:03:14 -060014p0820141166 by Gryphon66 because: Yada yada yada

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join