It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama hoping a Racial Civil war breaks out in the US?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I think many members would be interested in hearing your opinion and analysis of why the Governor of Missouri failed to call the National Guard as the fires and rioting started Monday night.

And why that ties into the fact that the Governor was on the phone with the White House providing "updates".

I don't know and I fail to see how that is relevant to the discussion. But I'm glad you brought it up because that very issue is the root of another brewing conspiracy on the right.

The WH and the governor admitted that they spoke twice over the phone and that they agreed to "update" as needed. But somehow that has been turned in to the conspiracy that the WH pressured Nixon in to not using the National Guard against the protesters. A quick google search on the topic gives you site after site pushing this conspiracy. Why are they all right wing? Why have they jumped to such a conclusion without any evidence to suggest such a conspiracy is possible?

Why are so many now parroting the same assertions like good little drones?

As far as why they didn't call in the NG.....I can't comment on what they were thinking, but my opinion is that it would have been a bad idea. Can you imagine the fallout we would be seeing in the news if the NG came in and stopped the riots? People would have been seriously hurt and probably killed. So it appears that it may have been smarter to let them riot and let them get it out of their system without inflaming the issue even more.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Do you?

You came in this thread to essentially say people are brainwashed because they don't agree with your pov.

This is very sad and you should find sheep to slay and not people who like to think outside the box, outside the predetermined structure of ignorance.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
BLT is not a cult.

ALL religions are a cult. All of them from Judaism to Christianity to Islam to Hinduism. Black Liberation Theology is a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. So it fits the definition of a cult. By proper definition It is a race based cult.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Do you?

You came in this thread to essentially say people are brainwashed because they don't agree with your pov.

This is very sad and you should find sheep to slay and not people who like to think outside the box, outside the predetermined structure of ignorance.

Really? Essentially nothing.....I thought I was pretty clear in saying that people are brainwashed because they are using the talking points and rhetoric from the Right Wing MSM and taking what Obama said out of context to create some idiotic conspiracy that he may be trying to start a race war. That has NOTHING to do with other's opinions jiving with my own personal opinion.

They are not thinking outside of the box. They are regurgitating the same crap anyone can see on TV, hear on the radio and all over the Right wing blogosphere. Ignorance is exactly what it is because it requires a twisting of words and facts to come to a conclusion that fits in their own political/social worldview. The goal is to demonize Obama. I can think of many ways to bash Obama without having to parrot the right-wing idiotic propaganda.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Did you ever think some of us aren't right wingers and don't watch right wing (or left wing for that matter) media? Nice attempt at derailing this thread but now you're making yourself look foolish by categorizing everybody as right wing MSM watchers.

Both parties messed up big time, be it left or right, voting for them just shows how out of touch people are. Now you're guilty of the same tactics you're accusing people of.

If we're "brainwashed" by ideology is your brain spotless? I don't think so, you're as entrapped as everybody else. Quit being ignorant towards your fellow members.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

BLT is not a cult.

ALL religions are a cult. All of them from Judaism to Christianity to Islam to Hinduism. Black Liberation Theology is a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. So it fits the definition of a cult. By proper definition It is a race based cult.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Well, I would disagree that all religions are a cult, but for the sake of argument I'll agree.

Now can you provide a logical link between Obama's past attendance at a BLT church and the theory that Obama is trying to incite a race war? What evidence do you have to suggest such a thing? What has Obama done to give us the idea that he wants a race war?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I thought I was pretty clear in saying that people are brainwashed because they are using the talking points and rhetoric from the Right Wing MSM and taking what Obama said out of context to create some idiotic conspiracy that he may be trying to start a race war.

But what about the many people who came to the "Obama Conspiracy" conclusions during and shortly after Obama's "response" speech Monday night?

Those conclusions were arrived at long before any "Right Wing conspiracies" came forward.

His speech in itself was the trigger.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To pretend that the origination of "Obama Conspiracy" theories only arose after his Ferguson speech is ludicrous.

For example, from prisonplanet.com, March 31, 2012:

Obama is Trying to Start a Race War

Redstate.com - Liberal Lynch Mob Fuels Obama's Race War - March 27, 2012

I don't think anyone could GET anymore right-wing than Alex Jones and Redstate, but these examples put the lie to the contention that this garbage started with Obama's Ferguson speech or that it originated anywhere but in the extremist fringe of Republican politics.

edit on 16Sat, 29 Nov 2014 16:12:20 -060014p0420141166 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected citation

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Religions are only acknowledged as cults when it's "okay" to judge religionists badly, in the case of BLT.

If you called Christianity a cult in any other circumstance, you'd be shouted down for attacking someone's faith.

ADDED IN EDIT FOR CONSTANCY:

From Merriam Webster Online

cult

noun, often attributive ˈkəlt

: a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous

: a situation in which people admire and care about something or someone very much or too much

: a small group of very devoted supporters or fans
edit on 16Sat, 29 Nov 2014 16:17:12 -060014p0420141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Did you ever think some of us aren't right wingers and don't watch right wing (or left wing for that matter) media?

I never claimed all of them(you) were right wingers. What I said was that many have been brainwashed by the Right wing machine.

Nice attempt at derailing this thread but now you're making yourself look foolish by categorizing everybody as right wing MSM watchers.

I never suggested that EVERYBODY was watching right wing MSM. I do feel foolish having to continually point out that you are making assumption based on things I did not say. When having a good debate, reading comprehension is important. Please read my posts and stop making silly assumptions.

Both parties messed up big time, be it left or right, voting for them just shows how out of touch people are. Now you're guilty of the same tactics you're accusing people of.

What? How did you go from "both parties are messed up" to "you're guilty of the same tactics". What are you talking about? That makes no sense. I'm talking about propaganda and brainwashed morons....not voting for a party.

If we're "brainwashed" by ideology is your brain spotless? I don't think so, you're as entrapped as everybody else. Quit being ignorant towards your fellow members.

What's funny is that I wasn't even referring to you in my original comments. For some reason you took great offense to it and decided to shoot back. If you're not one of those I speak of, why are you offended?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I thought I was pretty clear in saying that people are brainwashed because they are using the talking points and rhetoric from the Right Wing MSM and taking what Obama said out of context to create some idiotic conspiracy that he may be trying to start a race war.

But what about the many people who came to the "Obama Conspiracy" conclusions during and shortly after Obama's "response" speech Monday night?

Those conclusions were arrived at long before any "Right Wing conspiracies" came forward.

His speech in itself was the trigger.

A trigger for the nutbags and the politically partisan, yes. Obama could say "good morning" and people will be claiming he is trying to start a war on coffee drinkers. I know that doesn't make sense, but neither does most of the loony conspiracies against Obama.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

People stopped listening to you in this thread when you decided to call everybody right wingers. Now you cannot take it back, so don't flip flop. If you don't think your tactics aren't obvious you have to rewrite your script.

I see it this way, people can't stomach Obama being badmouthed so they believe derailing a thread with petty personal jabs and then trying to look "calm" while people go back and do the same thing you did to them. It's a very, very old tactic.

Who's really brainwashed here? The ones thinking outside the box or the ones flipping out because people are?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

So people who disagree with you are nutbags now? Can you leave your personal insults out of this thread? Because it shows you cannot discuss things intelligently with those you oppose.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well, I would disagree that all religions are a cult, but for the sake of argument I'll agree.

Sorry but all religions are a cult. It's just the truth of the matter. It's not my semantics, and that's not a slam on them. It's the dictionary definition for what they are. Dictionary definition of cult - a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. That's all the main stream religions and that IS what Black Liberation Theology is as well.

Now can you provide a logical link between Obama's past attendance at a BLT church and the theory that Obama is trying to incite a race war?

I don't think Obama is TRYING to incite civil unrest (well .. he MAY be, but I can't point to it). I think that any modern POTUS would LIKE unrest so they can take advantage of it and gather more power into the Oval Office. I wouldn't put it past ANY of them to make it happen. Corruption all around.

As for Black Liberation Theology and racial civil uprisings ...

James Cones Quote

Whether the American system is beyond redemption we will have to wait and see. But we can be certain that black patience has run out, and unless white America responds positively to the theory and activity of Black Power, then a bloody, protracted civil war is inevitable.

Black Liberation Theology is considered by some to be a form of racism, as some followers associate liberation with retribution and anger.

Page 12 of James Cones book - A Black Theology of Liberation

With the assurance that God is on our side, we can begin to make ready for the inevitable-the decisive encounter between black and white existence.

Page 20

To be black is to be commit­ted to destroying everything this country loves and adores.

Page 25 Look here

The black experience is the feeling one has when attacking the enemy of black humanity by throwing a Molotov cocktail into a white-owned building and watching it go up in flames. We know, of course, that getting rid of evil takes something more than burning down buildings, but one must start somewhere.

The Exact Word

Cone's theology proposes that the black Jesus (Wright's church believes and teaches Christ was black) will give black Americans the ability to do away with the white man's greed and free market system and replace them with a black value system. In addition, Cone writes "black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy" and that being black means "committed to destroying everything this country loves and adores." Obama has said that black liberation theology is sensible, has called Wright his mentor, has said that Wright has given him the best education he ever had, and throughout his campaign has declared America's institutions as broken and in need of fixing.

Need more?

edit on 11/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree. I was raised a Roman Catholic, and I still consider myself a Christian but I view religions as cults. Some are more pervasive and powerful than others. But I do believe that's a cult as much as I think Christianity is.

BLT is dangerous stuff, I wouldn't want my kids around it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

People stopped listening to you in this thread when you decided to call everybody right wingers. Now you cannot take it back, so don't flip flop. If you don't think your tactics aren't obvious you have to rewrite your script.

I see it this way, people can't stomach Obama being badmouthed so they believe derailing a thread with petty personal jabs and then trying to look "calm" while people go back and do the same thing you did to them. It's a very, very old tactic.

Who's really brainwashed here? The ones thinking outside the box or the ones flipping out because people are?

Why do you continue to comment merely on your estimation of other posters? Why do you think you're speaking for the membership here and telling folks that "they aren't being listened to" and attempting to squelch any ideas that you don't like?

We have the right to discuss and interact with each other as we choose. The point of posting here at ATS is supposed to be to Deny Ignorance, not pile on with everyone else in a thread trashing the President or anything or anyone else.

This is a discussion. Those who disagree with you about Obama have a right to discuss their points as well.

Play the ball.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Religions are only acknowledged as cults when it's "okay" to judge religionists badly, in the case of BLT. If you called Christianity a cult in any other circumstance, you'd be shouted down for attacking someone's faith.

As I stated, all the major religions are cult. Christianity, Islam, Judaism.
I didn't exclude any of them when I made the statement.
And yes, Black Liberation Theology is a cult. A race based cult.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actually it's what you guys are doing. We were discussing it but you decided to derail it because you disagree. If that's not ignorance I don't know. We're trying to deny it but if posters continue to post the info you keep asking for, and you keep denying it, it shows the ignorance that's prevalent in your view and not ours.

I'm assuming you agree with sheepslayer and think we're nutbags, right wingers, loonies, etc?

You've tried to shut out discussions by using circular logic and I'm really surprised you haven't been kicked out of this thread by now considering how you sent it off the deep end.

Many posters don't like the president and because we don't doesn't mean you can keep asking the same questions when posters continue to give you them.

You have to learn how to play ball because your tactics haven't offered anything to this thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Cherry-picking a few incendiary quotes and claiming that everyone involved in Black Liberation Theology is a cult advocating violence is entirely misleading and almost deceptive:

Dwight Hopkins, a professor at the University of Chicago Divinity School, says black liberation theology often portrays Jesus as a brown-skinned revolutionary. He cites the words of Mary in the Magnificat — also known as the "Song of Mary" — in which she says God intends to bring down the mighty and raise the lowly. Hopkins also notes that in the book of Matthew, Jesus says the path to heaven is to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick and the prisoners. And the central text for black liberation theology can be found in Chapter 4 of Luke's gospel, where Jesus outlines the purpose of his ministry.

"Jesus says my mission is to eradicate poverty and to bring about freedom and liberation for the oppressed," Hopkins says. "And most Christian pastors in America skip over that part of the book."

NPR - A Closer Look at Black Liberation Theology

Anthony Pinn of Rice University acknowledges that black liberation preaching often sounds angry. But he says the anger does not advocate violence but is instead channeled into constructive routes. Trinity UCC, he notes, has 70 ministries that help the poor, the unemployed, those with AIDS or those in prison. Pinn says the words can be jarring to the untrained ear, but they're still valid.

"Folks, including myself, may be taken aback by the inflammatory nature of the rhetoric, but I don't think very many of us would deny that there is a fundamental truth: Racism is a problem in the United States," Pinn says.

But you know, helping the poor and the sick and the prisoners is just way outside Christian theology, isn't it? Marxists!!!

Black liberation preaching can be a loud, passionate, physical affair. Linda Thomas, who teaches at the Lutheran School of Theology in Chicago, says the whole point of it is to challenge the powerful and to raise questions for society to think about. Thomas says if white people are surprised by the rhetoric, it's because most have never visited a black church.

"I think that many black people would know what white worship is like," Thomas says. "Why is it that white people don't know what black worship is about? And I think that is because there is this centrality with white culture that says we don't have to know about that."

It's not surprising that that BLT is being referred to in such negative terms here, just extremely disappointing.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I just don't accept that you are that blind, Watching. You jumped on me yesterday and you're jumping on Sheepslayer today because we argue for the other side of your beliefs, That is NOT derailing the thread. There is NOT only one view that is acceptable to represent here. We are NOT the ones attacking other posters, if we attack, we attack other positions.

That's what discussion and political debate are about. Both or many sides of an issue addressed with factual information, informed opinion, and reasonable discussion.

For example, when I brought up the actual text of Obama's speech on Ferguson, what was your response?

When I invited you (and everyone else in the discussion) to post quotes from Obama's actual words that supported your position, what did you do?

Please join us in discussion of the actual topic rather than your continual ranting about our styles; you're doing exactly the thing you're complaining about.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join