It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama hoping a Racial Civil war breaks out in the US?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Oh, I always have fun talking to you FlyersFan! That doesn't mean you weren't quibbling when you were.

Did I deny anywhere in anything I've said that Michael Brown was 18 years old? No? Then I haven't denied or attempted to deny that he was an adult, have I?

How is it that Officer Wilson is a "victim" when he apparently shot Brown inside his armored police vehicle, and then continued to shoot as Brown was moving away, making the kill shot when Brown was at least 35 feet away and possibly as far away as 100 or more?

Do you feel comfortable with the fact that the prosecutor in this case allowed Officer Wilson to testify in person at length before the Grand Jury, a move which is considered unprecedented in terms of reviewing evidential material, at least by Justice Scalia in previous SCOTUS decisions on such matters?

Does it matter at all that the prosecutor, Bob McCulloch, has been demonstrated to be involved in a group that was raising money for Officer Wilson's defense?

Does it matter that McCulloch's family including his father, mother, uncle and cousin have all worked for the St. Louis police department?

Do you think McCulloch might have been biased at all in the matter since his father, a member of the police department, had been killed by a Black assailant years ago?

McCulloch is also a Democrat? Does that not make him immediately suspect here? (Okay, okay, I'm joking on that one, LOL)

Perhaps it's not as straightforward or as simple as it seems to be, at first glance?

Reference - CBS News
edit on 13Fri, 28 Nov 2014 13:46:44 -060014p0120141166 by Gryphon66 because: Added a missing 'd'

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Gryphon66
How is it that Officer Wilson is a "victim" when he apparently shot Brown inside his armored police vehicle, and then continue to shoot as Brown was moving away,

So if a woman is being raped and she manages to knock the rapist on the head with a nearby lamp, is the rapist now a victim? NO. Brown wasn't a victim. He was the assailant. And Brown wasn't shot in the back while 'moving away'. He was shot in the front as he was charging toward Wilson.

Do you feel comfortable with the fact that the prosecutor in this case allowed Officer Wilson to testify in person at length before the Grand Jury,

I'm fine with the testimony before the Grand Jury. I would hope he would and that the evidence would decide if the person was telling the truth or not. You stated Bob McCulloch was involved in a group that was raising money for Officer Wilson's defense. I'll have to read up on that allegation. As for his parents being in service with the PD, if true that's fine. Good for them! It doesn't change forensics.

I have to go ... gotta get some real life stuff done ....

Final comment on the topic - Is Obama hoping for a racial civil war? My final answer - we don't know what is going on inside his brain. As much as I'd like to instantly say that none of our POTUS have ulterior motives or hidden personal agendas, I can't. To me - anecdotal evidence suggests Obama is either inept or he wants something to happen. One or the other. Can't say which for sure. That's my opinion.

/OUT

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Oh good lord, Flyers ... why throw in a emotionally-charged example like a rape victim here? Appeal to emotion much?

Bad form. As is putting words into someone elses mouth.

Did I say that Brown was a victim? No I didn't.

Did I say that Brown was shot in the back? No, I didn't.

Was Brown killed 35-100 feet away from the police vehicle? Yes, he was.

Did you have a forensics report or jury decision that states that Brown was "charging" anyone? No, you don't.

I'm a bit disappointed that you don't see any issues with the way that the Prosecution handled the Grand Jury.

But, that's my opinion. We all have them.

Mine is that it is ludicrous to accuse the President of the United States of wanting start a race war based on the evidence presented here. All I see are folks who are so consumed by ideology that they can do little more than regurgitate it onto the internet.

Sorry you're closing off the discussion, Flyers; I thought we were having fun.

(post by Yeahkeepwatchingme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

What the powers that be want is to keep us all distracted and polarized by skin color and ethnicity, let's be honest, these goals have existed predating the birth of Obama, what the fear would be is if all races started to see straight through this smokescreen and realize that corporatism is the ruling evil, they control the media and have helped create the police state.

If rich man suddenly realizes that he can longer create division by differences, ethnicity and other things to keep poor man arguing amongst themselves well then the cat will be out of the bag and rich man's days will suddenly become numbered, I know that there is one war that elitists would not want, and that is all out class warfare, where color is not the issue, but whether you support the continued victimization of the individual in the form of taxation, denial of individual privacy and basic human rights.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

I'd say yes. This case is just one in a line in which his response has been one that seems to promote racial tension, instead of doing anything to try and diffuse it. The Zimmerman case, the professor. Any time there is a racial angle, he's right there, doing all he can to make things worse. Considering his past "church", this isn't a surprise.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm beginning to believe in alternate universes, because we ATS posters are obviously posting from two completely different realities

Because in my reality, President Obama has bent over backwards to work with "the other side" whether that's Republicans or white America. Time after time he argues for reconciliation, reasonable logical thought, and putting aside our petty differences.

Like he did in the Ferguson speech, like he did with his comments on Trayvon Martin, like he's done in every case of which I am aware.

Gotta be alternate universes; that's the only explanation.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

Very well said,
Thank you for your post

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Because in my reality, President Obama has bent over backwards to work with "the other side" whether that's Republicans or white America. Time after time he argues for reconciliation, reasonable logical thought, and putting aside our petty differences.

And of course, time after time, he continues to create the failure.

Nobody trusts Obama anymore.

Too many lies.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

He's a typical politician. Whatever he says is pretty much always a lie. As xuenchen said he always creates the failures that result from his involvement.

The Obama mortgage plan, many neighbors nearly ended up losing their homes. Obamacare, I can't even begin to write about that without laughing so hard.

The only time Obama's not lying is well, he's always lying.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Xuenchen and Yeakeepwatchingme:

I do understand that you both are being hyperbolic and rhetorical in claiming that everything that Obama says is a lie.

I understand that you don't like the man, although that seems to spring more from political differences than specific reasonable objections to what the President has actually said or done.

What are some examples of "lies" the President has told? Aside from "you can keep your healthcare plan" which I understand turned out to be untrue.

What specifically do you think about when you think: "He lies."?

Thank you kindly for any response you care to offer.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This isn't the first rage over a unarmed black person being killed... I don't see how this is turning into a "Civil war". I don't see a bunch white people getting hurt over this. I actually see quite a bit of white people just as upset over this rioting/looting.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Actually you were the only hyperbolic person in this thread. Our discussion was civil before you came here and derailed it. Here's this, I hope you can go to Google and look these things up yourself because if xuenchen said it, or I said it, or anyone else in this thread that you choose to target in a very petty manner you'll return with rhetorical hyperbolic attacks.

Yes you may flag this post or report it, it only shows how you cannot deal with anyone calling you out on the very things you claim others are practicing.

Now, back on topic, this pres hasn't really done anything for race relations in this country. I have black friends who feel cheated and they actually feel insulted by Obama's inactivity concerning the economy among other issues. One told me he's angry that foreign workers are being given priority over native workers (and he means native workers that are not only black, but other races too). Another claims the entire Ferguson debacle has made him look foolish, and it's actually set them back for a very long time.

LadyGreenEyes, his church history is one of the keys to unraveling the history of this guy and what he's being ordered to do.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I do understand that you both are being hyperbolic and rhetorical in claiming that everything that Obama says is a lie.

Of course no one said everything that Obama says is a lie.

You suggested it, nobody else.

Clever as usual.

But here's *Some* of Obama's many many lies....

False statements involving Barack Obama

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Of course no one said everything that Obama says is a lie.

You suggested it, nobody else.

Clever as usual.

But here's *Some* of Obama's many many lies....

False statements involving Barack Obama

Perhaps you didn't read the responses here?

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The only time Obama's not lying is well, he's always lying.

In contrast, I have not suggested that Obama is lying; in fact, my claim is the opposite.

edit on 21Fri, 28 Nov 2014 21:18:11 -060014p0920141166 by Gryphon66 because: Desnarked

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Actually you were the only hyperbolic person in this thread. Our discussion was civil before you came here and derailed it. Here's this, I hope you can go to Google and look these things up yourself because if xuenchen said it, or I said it, or anyone else in this thread that you choose to target in a very petty manner you'll return with rhetorical hyperbolic attacks.

Yes you may flag this post or report it, it only shows how you cannot deal with anyone calling you out on the very things you claim others are practicing.

Now, back on topic, this pres hasn't really done anything for race relations in this country. I have black friends who feel cheated and they actually feel insulted by Obama's inactivity concerning the economy among other issues. One told me he's angry that foreign workers are being given priority over native workers (and he means native workers that are not only black, but other races too). Another claims the entire Ferguson debacle has made him look foolish, and it's actually set them back for a very long time.

LadyGreenEyes, his church history is one of the keys to unraveling the history of this guy and what he's being ordered to do.

You just claimed that everything Obama says is a lie, and yet, I'm the only one being hyperbolic???

You do realize that hyperbole means exaggeration, right?

I realize that you don't care for my style, and frankly I don't care for yours. Neither of those facts are relevant to the topic. Again, may I suggest that you "play the ball" rather than continually commenting about me?

Point to my hyperbole, my derailing, misrepresentation, please! Or, here's another option, if you don't agree with what I'm saying or you don't want to respond ... don't. You do have the option to ignore me.

What you seem to have a problem with is that I do back up my claims with facts and citations; you prefer to wander in the realm of innuendo and belief. I'm sure that if your posts got deleted, a mod here found that you had broken T&C. Why blame me for your posts getting deleted? Doesn't your ideology require personal responsibility?

Why don't you stop trying to cut me out of the thread and post as you wish?

The President has done what Presidents do in regard to potentially national crises like Ferguson. He addressed the issues, spoke in a human and compassionate tone, and even counselled that the Grand Jury decision should be acknowledged (which I personally disagree with), and attempted to dissuade the behaviors that we have subsequently seen on the part of some.

Of course, that has been inverted by the media to imply that Obama is actually acting to promote racial dispute, which is simply insane, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
This isn't the first rage over a unarmed black person being killed... I don't see how this is turning into a "Civil war". I don't see a bunch white people getting hurt over this. I actually see quite a bit of white people just as upset over this rioting/looting.

That's because it's not going to turn into a "Civil War" 3u40r15m. Even the concept doesn't even really make sense in terms of the realities of modern warfare, or the political structure of the United States. If you notice, there is a certain cadre of media sites and personalities that repeat the "racial division-race war-civil war" drumbeat but never actually back up what they're saying with anything real.

This actually just more "divide and conquer" hype that is not going to result in a war, it's going to result (and already is) in stagnation and apathy.

That is the true apparent aims of "the powers that be" in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join