It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is Obama hoping a Racial Civil war breaks out in the US?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I find it unfortunate that you disagreed with so much that I have said, because I agree with almost everything you just did.

Why is disagreement unfortunate? I think it is an amazing opportunity to learn and grow by listening to a perspective that is essentially "foreign and unknown." Of course, that is entirely dependent on at least one of us approaching it that way. It is also an opportunity for many other things, like manipulation and distraction.

Regardless of how we personally feel about Ferguson, and the events leading up to it, we are very likely to agree many police officers are out of control. It is easy to obfuscate the issue by psychologically linking police brutality with the bias and division that stem from events like Ferguson.

If a fundamental disagreement can be introduced (by the media or otherwise) the public is more likely to focus on that, allowing the status quo to continue largely unimpeded.

So basically, I think we are at constant war with ourselves.

Do you feel it must be this way? Many are at war with themselves internally, so it stands to reason this will also happen externally. Some religions simply call it "the nature of man," but it could also be "the nature of our cultural story." If it is the latter, it is something we could all start writing consciously. If only we would choose to do so..

The first generation would have remnants from the old, unconscious cultural story, but that would dwindle over time. Technology itself opens up opportunities to invent completely new economic and social frameworks.

However, I believe there is a good chance that the issue stems more from how we interact at a base level rather than the systems we design around those interactions. I think we are at a point with our species that we are fully capable of making conscious choices about our cultural story. I think we could even come up with something that is designed to adapt over time as we actively pursue a more advanced and conscious methods of interaction.

But we don't.

I have no doubt that "TPTB" actively discourage such cohesion, but when it comes down to it.. it is only because we play along.

We change the world every moment of every day. As a species, I think it's time we start becoming aware of that great responsibility.
edit on 30-11-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:48 PM
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy
Thanks! I mean one has to see the reason for this constantly happening, over the years, since before Rodney King, this could easily be solved, but from some reason the solution is not forthcoming and is being withheld... for obvious reasons, the more they keep people divided the easier any control mechanism is, but the most important, for those who will only see and interpret what cameras , the press and political pundits do with it, they fail to trust their own instincts about it, and continue to let their opinions be formed and molded, like clay...

There is a bigger picture, the world is waking up to it believe it or not, if there was any change, this is the change that is coming, people can see there are puppet masters at work, just like the Wizard of Oz.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

I hope we get an all out civil war!

Good way to trim the fat from the herd.
There is a certain stupidity that is making this nation look worse as a whole.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
a reply to: Serdgiam

I tend to think that the limbic system (or conversely our tendency to attack/defend) controls our "group dynamic behavior" more than our frontal lobe/forebrain/cortex, etc.

We are creatures that tend to operate/cooperate at an almost unconscious level within small-smallish groups with which we identify or with which we form bonds. The so-called "group mentality or mob behaviors" that seem so out of place (and certainly are at the level of civilization or frontal lobe systems of control) are functions of a deeper, more ... primal type of processing (?) We see the same thing (to a degree) at sporting events, charismatic religious services, the aftermath of intense fighting or battle, etc.

I fear we may be wandering off topic unless this speaks to the propensity of groups to be able to be manipulated (by Obama or some other factor) into conflict. What are your thoughts on that?

edit on 19Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:11:35 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:27 PM
a reply to: johngrissom

Can anyone authenticate, paramilitary on the same street that many stores were burned down during and prior, but there were APC's and other heavy riot gear? anyone from Ferguson, I watched youtube video that seems to show, a flash bang being thrown into a vehicle, you can also hear these people talking on radios, this was at the Advance Auto Parts Store in Ferguson, I assure you what I saw, the Police or military had the area secured.

The thing about this whole scenario I did not see a single fire truck... if what that video seemed to show, it needs an explanation as to why ?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:30 PM
Obama want to approve cameras for cops.
this just might be a good thing .

top topics
<< 8  9  10   >>