It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is Protected by an "Electron Shield"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: GaryN

How does electromagnetism explain the sharp boundary?

I haven't looked into the latest results from the VA belt missions, but here is a paper from a while ago describing energetic particle acceleration in the belts.

Energetic Particles in the Van Allen Belt
adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Since acceleration is a vector quantity, the circular motion around the lines of magnetic force is an acceleration.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That article is about the inner Van Allen belt which is composed mostly of protons, not electrons. It has nothing to do with relativistic electrons or the sharp boundary which has been found in the "storage belt."

Yes, we know how the Earth's magnetic field traps charged particles. You have not provided any information about how electromagnetism accounts for the sharp boundary which has been observed.

The existence of the Van Allen belts was predicted by "conventional" science before their existence was confirmed. Did the electric universe "theory" predict the existence of the transitory "storage belt?" Did it predict the sharp interface?

edit on 11/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: donhuangenaro
If this is some lame way of trying to use this to support the debunked EU hypothesis then you're utterly missing the point.

The Newtonian knuckle-draggers will soon be 'shocked' into into seeing the workings of the Universe in a whole new light. Evidence mounts daily for the electro-magnetic nature, of Nature.

Yes, Rosetta found comet 67p was really a heavy asteroid with no water.

Wait, no it didn't, it found it would float in the ocean and all evidence points to an icy crust under dust.

Boom. Bye EU.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

If this is some lame way of trying to use this to support the debunked EU hypothesis then you're utterly missing the point.

Ohh, debunked? really? so I am guessing you are one of those people who doesn't believe that everything around us is made up of atoms, electrons, protons and neutrons... You know, protons with a positive electric charge and electrons with a negative electric charge... But people like you want to claim there is no such thing as an "electric universe"... Even though everything around us is composed of atoms bound by electromagnetic fields which interact with other atoms through their electromagnetic fields...

Yeah, Keep telling yourself that "it doesn't exist" meanwhile the universe is trying to tell you the opposite to what you "believe".

You have shown on several topics not to know what in the world you are talking about, and this is another such example. So "debunked"?... No, you didn't debunk anything, obviously you are not "brilliant enough" to plot the dots and understand what the evidence actually says which is contrary to "your belief"...

edit on 28-11-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The existence of the Van Allen belts was predicted by "conventional" science before their existence was confirmed. Did the electric universe "theory" predict the existence of the transitory "storage belt?" Did it predict the sharp interface?

Well, I guess you are ignorant on who Hannes Alfven was, and his theories...

He was always in the lead. When his ideas on the existence of electric fields that were perpendicular to magnetic fields were still being questioned, if not attacked, he added the "double layer", regions of strong electric fields parallel to the local magnetic field in the rarefied plasma of space. His magnetic-field-aligned electric field, in combination with field-aligned currents (originating in what is now called the Alfvén layer), is now accepted as crucially important for the acceleration of the charged particles that cause the polar aurora. He also proposed astrophysical applications for his double layers. He proposed a new mechanism for the interaction of plasma and un-ionized gas in relative motion - the Alfvén critical-velocity ionization mechanism. In an entirely different arena, he was first to offer a plasma-physics theory for the formation of comet tails in the expanding solar plasma (the solar wind).

www.alfvenlab.kth.se...

One of his arguments was that plasma pervaded the universe and this plasma would carry electric currents capable of generating a galactic magnetic field.

In fact Hayes was one of the scientists who proposed that double layers accelerated charged particles in the aurora.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Alfven was the founder of magnetohydrodynamics, an accepted branch of physics. It has nothing to do with EU, which essentially denies the importance of gravity. Electromagnetism decreases much more rapidly than gravity even over relatively short distances; this is why it is gravity, not electricity, that is believed to be the dominant force at very large scales.*

* You will note that I am open to the possibility that, say, quantum entanglement might have unexpected effects on the large scale structure of the universe.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
EU debunked ? WTF

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Maybe something's actively cleaning out high speed electrons in the space between the belts.

That would leave an empty gap. Maybe the process that's cleaning the area only runs when the electron density builds up. Then clears it out again. So your 'storage belt' would mysteriously come and go. It would look like there was a "barrier" if you didn't know it was happening.

Sure would be handy not to have a lot of high speed electrons there. Your satellites would last a lot longer without the constant bombardment.
edit on 28-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Ohh, debunked? really? so I am guessing you are one of those people who doesn't believe that everything around us is made up of atoms, electrons, protons and neutrons... You know, protons with a positive electric charge and electrons with a negative electric charge... But people like you want to claim there is no such thing as an "electric universe"... Even though everything around us is composed of atoms bound by electromagnetic fields which interact with other atoms through their electromagnetic fields...

Yeah, Keep telling yourself that "it doesn't exist" meanwhile the universe is trying to tell you the opposite to what you "believe".

You have shown on several topics not to know what in the world you are talking about, and this is another such example. So "debunked"?... No, you didn't debunk anything, obviously you are not "brilliant enough" to plot the dots and understand what the evidence actually says which is contrary to "your belief"...

I have never encountered this theory of an 'electric universe', could you please provide me with a thumbnail sketch of it's underlying premise(s)? I am asking this sincerely and in good nature - I love learning new stuff. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

I have never encountered this theory of an 'electric universe', could you please provide me with a thumbnail sketch of it's underlying premise(s)? I am asking this sincerely and in good nature - I love learning new stuff. Thanks in advance.

If you want an education in pseudo-science, there are certainly many that will oblige you.

The Electric Universe people have no evidence that holds up to scientific scrutiny, yet it persists... just like the HAARP nonsense on this site.

They seem to have cause and effect arranged in reverse, however, it seems all the real science that we know, will not convince them otherwise.

Its Ok, It is what makes ATS such a great place.
edit on 28-11-2014 by charlyv because: s

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Well, I guess you are ignorant on who Hannes Alfven was, and his theories...

Was one of his theories that stars are not powered by nuclear fusion?

edit on 11/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Ahh, OK. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Yes, the torus and a part of an electrical universe. As above, so below, our own energy fields also create our auric bodies, in the electric universe.

is this electromagnetic "shield" in the actual shape of a torus? if so what is projecting it?
edit on 28-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Left hand isn't talking to the right?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That article is about the inner Van Allen belt which is composed mostly of protons, not electrons. It has nothing to do with relativistic electrons or the sharp boundary which has been found in the "storage belt."

Yes, we know how the Earth's magnetic field traps charged particles. You have not provided any information about how electromagnetism accounts for the sharp boundary which has been observed.

SuperPhage to the rescue!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It's always retrospective. If they do make a prediction, there's always a get out clause for when the prediction isn't matched with reality. "Heads I win, tails you lose".

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Does this word soup come with a freshly baked roll?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Plasma boundary layer physics is complex, and I'm noy going to say I understand the math, but the EM forces involved with a torus are the same as for a linear flux tube, the layers become quite well organised and well defined. Maybe I can't explain how electromagnetism creates the sharp boundary, but can you explain how gravity would do it, or produce the torii to begin with?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Maybe I can't explain how electromagnetism creates the sharp boundary, but can you explain how gravity would do it, or produce the torii to begin with?

No. But then there isn't much reason to think that gravity has anything to do with it since gravity doesn't have anything to do with the Van Allen belts at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join