It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cop finally arrested for assaulting a suspect but....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

A Black cop in St Louis County, Missouri, hits a suspect, once, on the hand, with his baton…and gets hit with a felony indictment, by the same DA that declined to charge a White cop for shooting an unarmed Black kid and killing him. [Correction: both victims were black, but the point still stands that a black officer was charged with a felony while the white officer walks for killing an unarmed teenager.]

Two types of justices for available for you..if you get shot, killed, or hurt..hope it is a black cop...better chance of getting some kind of justice.
edit on 27-11-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

A Black cop in St Louis County, Missouri, hits a suspect, once, on the hand, with his baton…and gets hit with a felony indictment, by the same DA that declined to charge a White cop for shooting an unarmed Black kid and killing him. [Correction: both victims were black, but the point still stands that a black officer was charged with a felony while the white officer walks for killing an unarmed teenager.]

Two types of justices for available for you..if you get shot, killed, or hurt..hope it is a black cop...better chance of getting some kind justice.

Someone might want to change that meme real quick since the story didn't exactly turn up with the same facts as one originally thought....

Just a suggestion of course.

Also it would be nice to have some links to back up these claims and to gather further information so we aren't all just looking at an incorrect meme and trying to make an informed "correct" (assumption) judgement call.

As it stands now, I am not sure whether I should think this black officer is now racist against blacks himself, or if those charging him are racist and he was well within his rights to do what he did. Or maybe even those filing charges are not racist at all and he did fully and clearly step out of bounds. We might could also go with the black suspect being racist and he's trying to get the cop busted? I don't know... There is no further information here.

It would be nice if we could just say an officer did or did not step out of line here, what do you guys think??

edit on 11/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Pretty sure a bunch of other black people just got a way with criminal damage and inciting a riot on camera so I'm not sure this incorrectly imaged, no sourced story is making much of a point.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

So you don't think there is nothing wrong here.

Yes the perp was for both...one shot and killed a man 20ft or further..gets off scot free..the other hit a perp with baton and gets charged with a felon.

The point is..why was one charged, yet the other not. Is it because he was black...don't know or because some law departments actually believe cops should answer for their crimes against civilians...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ferguson prosecutor indicted a black cop who hit a man with his baton

A Washington Post op-ed declared that McCulloch has “a long record of protecting police in [cases like Wilson’s], and his decision not to recommend a specific charge to the grand jury essentially guaranteed there would be no indictment.” But on July 25, 2014, just two weeks before Brown was gunned down, a St. Louis County Police Department press release revealed that McCulloch would be prosecuting another police officer, Dawon Gore, for felony assault—because he struck a man’s hand with his baton.

And well you know the Wilson case. Same prosecutor...hmmmm...releases a murder but will charge another cop with felony assault...who happens to be black.

Yeah no Bias in any of those departments

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I am by no means a lover of all cops. There are good ones and I respect those regardless of color. I am also not saying that there are no racist cops. What I AM saying as that without further information, it would be ludicrous for me to make a decision on right or wrong here. I have absolutely no clue what happened in the second case you brought up. None.

Any loss of human life is a waste IMO. Any. Some folks go bad and they aren't missed so much when they are gone, but the loss of life or "what could have been" is still a waste.

I'm not trying to argue if one is right and another is wrong here. I simply was asking for more information to make a better informed decision on the matter. Making snap judgements without all of the information is what causes some of these losses of life where the police are involved. I try not to do that in my every day real life and I don't want to do it here either.

That's all I was saying. Without more, I can not judge more. It's unfair on everyone to do so. We could all benefit from not making snap judgements when we do not have facts to ground us.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

are you REALLY unable to weight the 2 cases on evidence , without bringing skin colour into it ?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

After reading that, the only thing I can figure is that the guy should have arrested the guy he hit. Instead of arresting him (the article states) that the cop drove the guy home and dropped him off.

Now I am NOT saying that the judge could in no way shape or form be prejudiced, BUT what I am saying is that the cop may have opened himself up to those charges by not charging the man himself. In letting him go and driving him home, it gives the impression that he did do something wrong and was trying to hide it by NOT bringing him in after the altercation. In a sense it may have appeared to the judge that he didn't want anyone to know what he had done. In any case where an officer had to use force on ANYONE I can not imagine why they would not follow through with an arrest. That part does confuse me as well.

He didn't report the incident at all.

Again... Nobody can say for sure. But if I were a betting woman, I would say that he was charged because his actions after the altercation made it appear that he was trying to hide something.

I know this likely isn't the answer you were/are looking for but it's all I have. I have admitted that there are indeed injustices that go on. I would have to be stupid and blind not to see them. They do exist. I'm just not sure it exists here for the reasons I have stated above.

I hope that you can read them for what they are and not automatically assume that I am either a racist, or that I simply do not care about others.

edit on 11/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Two types of justices for available for you..if you get shot, killed, or hurt..hope it is a black cop...better chance of getting some kind of justice.

IMO they should charge ALL cops, with murder, every time they killed someone. If it was justified, it will be no problem to walk free, BUT they should be put in prison like everyone else, when its NOT jutified...
Everytime they break the law (speeding and such), they should prove in Court that is was justified. Cops shouldnt be allowed to break the law with no consequenses, that is just insane and leads to the situation we have now...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Where is the link?

They couldn't indict with Wilson. There was no evidence that he shot the youth as he was surrendering. There was some coronary evidence that a struggle took place at the police vehicle however. You're innocent until proven guilty and to bring a case forward to trial there has to be enough evidence to warrant that, regarding the circumstances. I personally do not know what Wilson did, what the situation was, and its because no one knows 100% that you can't indict. Innocent until proven guilty.

Now, without the link cannot assess what the other case entailed.

You're bringing up 2 separate cases and implying outcome according to skin color, instead of according to the details of what happened, and how much evidence there is for what happened.

They need to indict more often. For example, the police that go to the wrong house and break in without any warning, and shoot the retired veteran reaching for his gun to protect his family from perceived break and enter robbers, and then stomp on the pet canary, shoot the dog, and beat up all the family who are woken in terror, then turn around and charge them, well, that needs an indictment. And also, those cases are a little more cut and dried, as to what went down.

In Wilson''s case, it doesnt matter how much I or you believe something went down one way or another, and people aren't on the same page on what they believe. There is no clinching evidence to indict. Conflicting testimonies and evidence of a struggle at his car. There is no direct evidence of what took place when the shooting took place.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

are you REALLY unable to weight the 2 cases on evidence , without bringing skin colour into it ?

Well we certainly cant allow black cops to use their position to express racial vengeance.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Doesn't fit the narrative so let justice roll

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
ATS and many of its members dissapoint more and more everyday...

Did you even research this case?

Did the person in the case of the black cop strike the officer? Did he try to take his gun?

From my research there was an arguement on the bus and the black officer struck the black victim in the hand with his baton breaking three of his fingers in the process.

If the black officer was not attacked then the force was not justified, therefore he should be arrested and charged. Even if he was white it wouldn't matter.

edit on 27-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I read this article. Yeah, no bias here in St. Louis, lol. If you are a black cop who steps out of line, we'll bust ya. White cop steps out of line, we'll close ranks and protect you. Because that's how the blue mafia works. Nice.

Yay for "justice".

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I am curious as to how you have drawn similiarities to these two cases.

Was the black officer attacked? Did the man attempt to take his firearm?

Or was there just an arguement and the officer struck the man with his baton breaking his fingers?
edit on 27-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Both are cases of cops in St. Louis area doing bodily harm to unarmed civilians when alternatives were available.. That's where the similarities end, though, and hence, my point here.

The investigation into Wilson was shoddy, suspect, and half-assed, so we really can't say for certain what really went down. However, there was no such investigative bungling in the black cop's case

Nope. But given the circumstances, we really only have Wilson's say and some evidence backing up his story. And given that part of the evidence seems to contradict Wilson's account, and that the victim in this case is dead and can't offer testimony to counter, we don't have solid proof for Wilson's account. Wilson claims Brown went for the gun. Why was the gun not tested for fingerprints? Hell, why wasn't the gun tested period? Why was Brown's body 100 feet further away from what Wilson claimed? Why wasn't the scene measured and processed like a proper crime scene? Why was Brown not tested for gun shot residue? Why did Wilson wash off some of the blood evidence before it could be documented and processed? Why wasn't Wilson's statement written down and recorded at the scene?

So the answer would be, we don't have solid evidence Brown actually tried to take Wilson's gun. And as far as "assaulting" Wilson, Wilson was facing an unarmed kid while he was INSIDE his police cruiser. Wilson had a clear defensive advantage, so a number of things could have happened that didn't need to involve a gun. If Brown was so menacing, for instance, why did Wilson let him get as sloe as he did?

Or was there just an arguement and the officer struck the man with his baton breaking his fingers?

There is a huge difference between breaking someone's fingers and shooting them 6 times. The black cop's victim is alive to press charges and give evidence. Brown is not.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You liberals do nothing but lie and spread false narratives and half-truths. Brown robbed a convenience store, attacked the owner, disobeyed the cop, and charged at him. Eye witnesses and forensic evidence proves this, yet you still bitterly cling to a lie. If anyone is guilty of racism, it's you race-hustling fools who see nothing but race in every situation. It doesn't matter what color the criminal is. It doesn't matter what color the cop is. I bet a bunch of you were happy to hear of Rafael Ramos being murdered just for being a cop.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

>crimes against civilians

You people don't seem to care about the truth at all. Michael Brown was a thug who committed a strong-arm robbery. If you think he was an "innocent civilian," then you probably cheered the rioters and looters and the thug who murdered those NYPD officers in cold blood. Elected officials should answer for their reckless statements that incite division and hatred: Obama, Holder, De Blasio, Rawlings-Blake, etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

>blue mafia

You sound like a thug. They'll stop a gang shootout yet you'll still find a way to demonize and slander them. Michael Brown got what he deserved. Had he not robbed that store, had he obeyed Wilson's orders, had he not threatened and assaulted a cop, he'd still be alive today. Do you even care about the family of Rafael Ramos? 'He' was murdered in cold blood.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Both are cases of cops in St. Louis area doing bodily harm to unarmed civilians when alternatives were available.. That's where the similarities end, though, and hence, my point here.

The investigation into Wilson was shoddy, suspect, and half-assed, so we really can't say for certain what really went down. However, there was no such investigative bungling in the black cop's case

Nope. But given the circumstances, we really only have Wilson's say and some evidence backing up his story. And given that part of the evidence seems to contradict Wilson's account, and that the victim in this case is dead and can't offer testimony to counter, we don't have solid proof for Wilson's account. Wilson claims Brown went for the gun. Why was the gun not tested for fingerprints? Hell, why wasn't the gun tested period? Why was Brown's body 100 feet further away from what Wilson claimed? Why wasn't the scene measured and processed like a proper crime scene? Why was Brown not tested for gun shot residue? Why did Wilson wash off some of the blood evidence before it could be documented and processed? Why wasn't Wilson's statement written down and recorded at the scene?

So the answer would be, we don't have solid evidence Brown actually tried to take Wilson's gun. And as far as "assaulting" Wilson, Wilson was facing an unarmed kid while he was INSIDE his police cruiser. Wilson had a clear defensive advantage, so a number of things could have happened that didn't need to involve a gun. If Brown was so menacing, for instance, why did Wilson let him get as sloe as he did?

There is a huge difference between breaking someone's fingers and shooting them 6 times. The black cop's victim is alive to press charges and give evidence. Brown is not.

The only contradictory part of the evidence is the accomplice's fabrication of "hands up don't shoot." Yes we do have solid evidence. Brown's fingerprints were found on Wilson's gun, there was the bullet casing inside the patrol vehicle indicating a struggle, the bullets in Brown's body did indicate he was charging at Wilson head down as witnesses have stated. There is ample evidence to prove that Wilson was and is innocent of any wrongdoing. I pray for the families of both Brown and Wilson. Both lives were ruined all because some kid decided to be a strong-arm thug, which, considering the environment he was brought up in with all the rioters, looters, and his own stepfather stating "Burn this bitch down," is upsetting but unfortunately not surprising.

When you badmouth police officers, just remember who it is you count on to catch murderers, rapists, and gangbangers.

top topics

join