It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Bizarreness of Time and the 4th Dimension

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Well the currently used machine (some digital some analog, it's a style question and doesn't really matter) run on a globally agreed on scale. There are hours and minutes, seconds, some show a date, because 24 hours make a day.
One second, something you would call "now" is about the length of me saying "21". Why? Because one second contains 1000 milliseconds. Or it can be sliced into 10 10th of a second, depending on what interests me currently.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Well the currently used machine (some digital some analog, it's a style question and doesn't really matter) run on a globally agreed on scale. There are hours and minutes, seconds, some show a date, because 24 hours make a day.

All that is based on the movement of the sun and moon.
When does movement happen in your experience?

edit on 30-11-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

One second, something you would call "now" is about the length of me saying "21". Why? Because one second contains 1000 milliseconds. Or it can be sliced into 10 10th of a second, depending on what interests me currently.
'Now' is not 'one second'.
Now is beginning less and endless.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Also it is watching my counters and add them up to a timeinterval.

Like you say, or I assume you mean when you say "is beginning less and endless", it is always a timespan, not a single moment, a relative intervall of the assumptions I make by looking at "my reality observing instruments" and conduct a solution.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Time is an assumption based on the fact that the appearance that is seen is constantly changing.
There is no beginning or end to now - now is infinite - it is all there is - things seem to appear and disappear in it.

edit on 30-11-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

There is only the Now.

Time is energy is movement is dance.
The Stars dance and we are glad
Although some stars are dead

Soon I will go to sleep - there is no time in dreams

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I'm still amazed when the bus runs on schedule in accordance with my personal timepiece

But what about the person that misses the bus...their time is dilated or expanded depending on the fullness/attention that they gave their "doings" to before missing the bus. In other words time is subjective.
Having said that its no coincidence that the modern schooling system (8-4pm recess lunch break) was formalized by the Rockeffelers to "train" good little children to become good little taxpaying workers later in life.

Financiers then create value for time and charge interest.
People say live life like its your last day.
If that were the case then why do they value time? Their perception of time is different than the working class. They live off our time.
Why are we constantly told not to waste time. I want my cake and to eat it too.
There is no scarcity only abundance in the Universe.

I declare that time be subjective
When time is objective I am subject to time.
I am eternal

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nurelic
Great thread and explanatory pics. I have a slightly different take on this, but it's so vast it's difficult to narrow it down to a thread. LOL. I have several interesting time links, but they are mostly about questioning the time and date in this dimension right now, and what we consider "history" to be, in light of that….

I believe a lot is scripted, played out. Does that mean it isn't "real?" If we must experience it, is it any less real, or not? And what if we knew that this wasn't the "real" time and date, that we've revisited such times and dates, via scripting….and who is doing the scripting, which brings up your suggestions of beings occupying a different time/space and thus able to move in and out of this one, manipulate and script its events…

I'll get around at some point to doing that thread, but in the meantime, you've provided a great way of looking at this. Thanks.
tetra

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

we kinda live in the past... Information of ANYTHING happening takes time to travel to our brains. (Except maybe unique thoughts?)

But maybe the brain is only a machine to regulate the heart/lungs etc. But the mind/soul is what does the fun bits.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

One second, something you would call "now" is about the length of me saying "21"

Why do you use an artificial division by consensus/consent (when did you consent to it?) like a second, to say that it is the Now

Its about the length of 5 rotations of the earth around the sun. But if you were standing on mars it would be less.
Or something you call "now" weighs 5 kilograms today. How can I know what it will weigh tomorrow?

I am not tomorrow here now.
(extreme nonsense to try to convey -there can only be Now)

(disclosure needed - I've been battling in my mind itisnowagains posts for the last 6 months - I get it now - thanks)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Anyone ever had a dream that lasted what seems to be 10 hours but when you wake up you've only been asleep for 1 hour. I have multiple times and I'm sure a lot of people here have had similar experiences. Time is a product of consciousness. I think depending on what frequency range brainwaves your brain is operating on (delta, theta, alpha, beta, gamma) time distorts from our usual physical perception of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I watched a '___' documentary last night, where the people taking it also described how they felt entering dimensions in which time was defined differently, or appeared slower.
That's what I keep saying, what if my perception of time is flawed because our brains and eyes are too slow?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

exactly. Hit the nail on the head. I've done ___ several times. I know the substance you are talking about and i think it is absolutely ridiculous that we has humans do not have the right to experiment with our own consciousness, let alone even mention the name here on ATS.

But yeah I've had experiences with it that seemed to last 5 hours but was really only 20 mins.

And yes that is the theory, when we learn to increase our mental brain power the world around us becomes less physical because our consciousness can see through the empty space that our mind normally wouldn't have the capacity to interpret.

This is why dreams seem to last 10 hours sometimes when you've only been sleeping for an hour. Our brains are lowering the frequency, phasing out of this reality, and entering a different reality that is less dense and less real that our consciousness has already mastered.

You can also go the other way, if you sleep for what seems to be only an hour, but you wake up and you've slept 8 hours.

Normally our brains operate in Beta Brain Waves (13-30 cycles per second), however in sleep or deep meditation we can enter the theta frequency (4 to 8 cycles per second).

So if you operate normally at 13 to 30 cycles per second, everything seems very physical and real. If you lower your frequency to theta (which i think through meditation or D@#) physical reality becomes less physical because rather than getting 13 to 30 flashed frames of reality a second, you are getting 4 to 8 frames of reality a second.

Its like a movie. If you have a movie of a rock and it is flashing 30 times a second it seems like its solid. If you edit out the rock to be in the movie only 8 frames a second it is going to look less solid, you could see it flashing.

This is what our consciousness is doing, and is the reason time seems to slow down or speed up depending on what state range of frequency your brain is operating on.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I can measure. And think my second could be of a different length, than the second of a flea. Just my personal relative perspective.

Where does now start and where does now finish? How can it be measured?

Exactly

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Time is a variable describing the speed of physical reactions, it is nothing to travel in.

A clock measures the speed of physical reactions, it does not measure time. There is no "time".

Time is a concept created by the human brain to cope with the world.
edit on -06:00pmMon, 01 Dec 2014 17:13:26 -0600pm122014Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:13:26 -060012pmMonday by ParanormalGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Kind of you, thanks, exactly what I was trying to explain.
What if the instruments we perceive our environment with: our brains, are enhancable? If we measure time the way we do, because we are too slow, to realise there is much more lost in between?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
how psilocybin expands consciousness

In a new study, published in Human Brain Mapping, we scanned the brains of volunteers who had been injected with psilocybin—the chemical found in magic mushrooms that gives a psychedelic experience—and a control group who hadn’t. We discovered two key things: that psilocybin increased the amplitude (or “volume”) of activity in regions of the brain that are reliably activated during dream sleep and form part of the brain’s ancient emotion system, and that psychedelics facilitate a state of “expanded” consciousness—meaning that the breadth of associations made by the brain and the ease by which they are visited is enhanced under the drugs.

Thing is you don't need mushrooms to do this. You can do this through meditation its just a lot harder, but mushrooms can be used as a tool to understand what that state of consciousness feels like.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Anyone ever had a dream that lasted what seems to be 10 hours but when you wake up you've only been asleep for 1 hour.

Yeah, some nights feel like a total dream storm... Fast paced, action-packed dreams that can suddenly switch to something entirely different. Sometimes it feels like 10 very intricate, yet very different dreams back to back to back in one night, which feels like 8 hours of dreaming when really only 2 or 3 hours have really gone by...

I also find it bizarre how some dreams are so off the wall and very Picasso-like in a sense, seeming to be completely nonsensical, while other dreams are so vivid and real, and how you act, think, and talk in the dream is exactly how you would while awake in your conscious state.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nurelic

"Time" is just one of the many programs implanted in our minds to keep humans in check. which resets all the time after 12 hours or 24 hours whichever clock you follow. The other dimensions are just programmed planes of existence which is part of the programs "implanted" in our minds. Time and all four dimensions are just an illusion. Once We All Wake up from this illusion, there will be no such thing as time for we are infinite beings, trapped and tricked into a physical body/world. .. Just wake up.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloud4300

Yes, or, just a thought: Maybe reality is that thing where it hurts a lot when I kick my naked foot against the table. Where it really swells to a blue-, purple-ish colour and feels like hell everytime I dare to stap on it. What a sadistic mother-#er would program that? Maybe you are stuck on giving dreams and imagined pictures way too much weight in your perception of the bigger piece?
We can alter the way we see, or measure reality, by wearing glasses, for example, using forbiden substances, maybe and we are just not important enough to have the environment altered every time we pass out. Maybe it stays the same, nature has a thing of holding on to the least energy consuming model of balancing the forces... Don't mess with the force, dude.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join