It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer says Democrats Made a Mistake with ObamaCare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, a big New York Democrat now "admits" the Democrat Congress of 2009 and 2010 made a mistake about ObamaCare !!!

He says they should have focused on better more important issues.

Well Well.

This looks like a disclaimer because of the Democrat November election slaughter.

Sounds like a jockeying of position for 2016 already.

I bet many think this is absurd.

What will Democrats think NOW?

Was Obama.Care in fact a mistake?

Hmmm.

The “mandate” voters had provided Democrats with their 2008 victories, Schumer said, was put on the wrong problem.

“After passing the stimulus, Democrats should have continued to propose middle class-oriented programs and built on the partial success of the stimulus, but unfortunately Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them. We took their mandate and put all of our focus on the wrong problem – health care reform,” Schumer said.

“The plight of uninsured Americans and the hardships caused by unfair insurance company practices certainly needed to be addressed,” he added. “But it wasn’t the change we were hired to make. Americans were crying out for an end to the recession, for better wages and more jobs — not for changes in their health care.”

Story....

edit on Nov-26-2014 by xuenchen because: **** added forgotten link !!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wait until the new premiums come out.

They are ridiculous..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Saw that on the news yesterday

He's just covering his azz for his next re-election bid

It may be a little too late for him....... it does sound like he's kinda getting desperate however, throwing the Dems and Obamacare under the bus

Typical politician, only looking out for himself...

edit on 26-11-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeeling

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

This MAY be your Link-Source HOWEVER I overheard something along these lines on FOX-News just a few moments ago.

My 1st-Impression was ... Another Progressive-Distraction

( to the Levels of ... Sensory-Overload )

While Remembering:

BLM ( Bundy and others )
Immigration
Veteran's Health Care / Hospitals
Ebola
Chuck Hagel ... ( and other military related purges )
Ferguson-Events
Fast-n-Furious
Bengazhai
Libya
Syria
Afganastan
Ukraine
Iran-Nuclear
Etc. etc. etc ... ( and on and on and so forth )

edit on 26-11-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Is there a link?

ALL the Dems knew YEAR's ago these same truths...just took "Shallacking Part Two" to finally voice them.

But why not ATS ObamaBots?

A payment problem?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Your link is the right one.

Added to OP.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So destroying our health care system should not have been their primary focus.

How does this tool get re elected?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

probably voted for by the same type of people who get angry and riot over a guy who gets killed when he decides charging the person who has a gun pointed at them is a smart idea...oh I'm sorry, too soon? lol

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Maybe the Democrats should have read it.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

Saw that on the news yesterday

He's just covering his azz for his next re-election bid

It may be a little too late for him....... it does sound like he's kinda getting desperate however, throwing the Dems and Obamacare under the bus

Typical politician, only looking out for himself...

He may even be positioning to throw his hat in the presidential race. Typical...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
if he really is just realizing this now than he is too stupid to be a senator. I think he knew it all along but they had to force the ACA on us while they had the votes. they knew they couldn`t fool the voters for long so they had to get it passed before the next election came up.
I think he`s full of crap,after last months election he`s just worried about not getting re-elected so he`s going to spend next 2 years kissing ass in the hopes that the voters will re-elect him.
like I said if he was really that out of touch with what his constituents wanted than he doesn`t deserve to be a senator.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Sounds like a jockeying of position for 2016 already.

That is exactly what it is.

What he means wasn't bad for us.

Bad for his party, and his job 'security'.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Chucky is just pissed w/Obama about Israel & it's payback time...nothing more nothing less.

Schumer thinks Obama is hanging Israel out to dry w/these bogus Iranian talks - they tell Carey to go pound salt every time they meet & Schumer is mad about it. Internal Dem politics.
imo

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Pretty sure he is and was a Hillary guy anyway so he is going to start throwing a lame duck Obama under the bus at every turn looking for some cabinet slot in 2016.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Maybe, hopefully, this might be the first step to a possible repeal of the whole God awful mess?

Get enough of the dem senators worried about their jobs they might throw some votes with the repeal.

One can hope. I have to sign up by first part of Dec. No idea in hell how I'm going to afford this forced mess.

I'm just getting the cheapest plan they have and praying I will never need it.

This bs forced tax just seems so un American. Oh wait, that's just what the renegade in chief promised, the fundamental change of......
edit on 11 26 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If you think that healthcare law had anything to do with healthcare - you need your head examined....hell they kicked more people off heath insurance than Obamacare ever signed up.
lol

It is the Progressive Dream to get a 1 payer system in healthcare & Obamacare did not do that - so these Progressives will have no problem pealing away from it. They won't stop pushing for it but this law did not take them to the promise land!

I mean really do you think these Liberal Progressive Elitist give a damn if you live or die like Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer = of course not. They just want more people under the yoke of a federal government...ie healthcare.

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
If you think that healthcare law had anything to do with healthcare - you need your head examined....hell they kicked more people off heath insurance than Obamacare ever signed up.
lol

It is the Progressive Dream to get a 1 payer system in healthcare & Obamacare did not do that - so these Progressives will have no problem pealing away from it. They won't stop pushing for it but this law did not take them to the promise land!

I mean really do you think these Liberal Progressive Elitist give a damn if you live or die like Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer = of course not. They just want more people under the yoke of a federal government...ie healthcare.

Peace

EXACTLY!

Crickets with the supporters?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That nitwit Pelosi didn't know if the bill covered 1 person or 100 Million & she didn't care.
imo

edit on 27-11-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Only now he says that as people turned and voted in republicans to undo the damage they did. He's just saving face to hopefully make the next election work in his parties favor.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join