It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson mob beats, carjacks elderly man on oxygen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The irony is, is that the rioters are victimizing their community just as badly as the cops did. When you consider that many of the businesses being looted and destroyed are small businesses owned by people of color who already are struggling, what the rioters are doing in some ways worse than what the system did.

Beating and robbing an elderly man on oxygen destroys any claims of justice the perps have stated. I'd have much more respect for them if they stuck to attacking cops. But cops will shoot back. Old guys on oxygen are unlikely to do so.

Cowards.

I love your avatar.

One good thing to come from all this madness is one small business owner in Ferguson - a lady who owns a cake store - has received donations totaling over $200,000 to help her rebuild.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: tadaman

Well, he and his superiors are discussing both resignation and relocating. His life will be in an uproar no matter what.

His career as an officer is more than likely over - what a shame.

Many lives are ruined because a young man decided that he was above the law and could do as he seen fit.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

His career is far from over, he isn't the first cop to shoot and kill some one.
He will probably get a good amount of leave over this and get xfered some where else and continue his life.
Only life that was ruined was browns cause he is dead.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

His career is far from over, he isn't the first cop to shoot and kill some one.
He will probably get a good amount of leave over this and get xfered some where else and continue his life.
Only life that was ruined was browns cause he is dead.

Yep, and it's a shame that Brown chose to ruin his own life.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just for the record here, the looting and violence in general are appalling.

What happened to this elderly gentleman specifically is simply criminal and should be pursued to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What happened to this elderly gentleman specifically is simply criminal and should be pursued to the fullest extent of the law.

Thank you.
2nd

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: magnetik
Are you serious???

I have no reply, within the T&C.

ETA: Texastruth, both vids still worked for me.

His post is:

originally posted by: magnetik
And im sure we have relatives of ATS that participated in lynching and murder or black people. This most likely was done by a couple people. I guess you let that represent everyone.

He's referring to this post:

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Absolute scumbags every one of these "protestors". If they don't throw the punch, light the fire, loot the store or jack an elderly cripple on oxygen, it doesn't matter because they are all enablers and guilty by association.

Which got a great many stars. "Guilty by association" indeed. The people who rushed to the man's aid? They were protestors so they were guilty, just by association, from the stance in TinfoilTP's post. The context of magnetik's post is that there are lots of terrible photographs of large numbers of people surrounding burnt, hanged, shot, and/or otherwise killed black children, men, and women in our history.

Lynchings largely went unpunished. Two KKK members have been executed for involvement in such lynchings since 1901 (during and some time after the Civil War, this happened a bit more but I have no exact figures). Just two:
Henry Francis Hays
Ku Klux Klan member executed over 1998 Texas murder

He's painting with a broad brush perhaps, but not necessarily wrong.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yeah right, the gang banger mentality of this group is not only allowed but ENCOURAGED by unnamed sources to continue this perfectly.

For me, this is a perfect play that is set into action when the opportunity arises, someone is making sure things stir up, and look bad and in no way shape or form, will anyone be properly arrested and convicted, someone approves.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No, you don't have to prove that...in fact, there's videos of him saying that while at the same time people start RUNNING to cause mayhem.

But in any case simply making the statements in the context he made them is plenty to be charged.
edit on 27-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
And im sure we have relatives of ATS that participated in lynching and murder or black people. This most likely was done by a couple people. I guess you let that represent everyone.

But what percentage of the black race still holds these past actions against the entirety of the white race? This is the underlying issue here in my opinion, meaning that many of those engaging in this violence don't like white people. It is quite a racist view, and nobody is talking about it much. I think the quote from a mob member, who essentially said "this is what they get for no justice," illustrates this point. Considering the victim was white, the quote most likely referred to white people. People do not realize that this is seen by many blacks as a conspiracy perpetrated against them by a corrupt white system, when this is simply not true. And these same people ignore, or do not view as a problem, the extreme amounts of black on black crime that occur in their own area.

And another reason that alludes to this conclusion is the fact that there is no accounting for the violent riots perpetrated by a predominantly black mob, both in this instance and in the LA riots. All races being biologically equivalent or equal, and considering the fact that we do not see predominantly white or hispanic mobs perpetrating these types of group crimes in the US, it could easily be argued that a hatred for whites in general is one of the root causes. The idea that whites keep blacks down, which again is a widely-held belief among the black community, is malarkey. I mean consider the type of person you have to be to perpetrate crimes of this nature. All violent crimes are driven by some motive, whether it be hatred, a desire for revenge, a desire to steal or gain wealth, a psychopathic tendency, etc...Obviously the only explanation in this instance for this animalistic behavior is either hatred or a desire for revenge. It cannot be argued that so many psychopathic individuals would gather into a single mob, and this was most definitely not an opportunistic crime perpetrated for monetary gain.

So again I put forth the idea that the majority are overlooking the root cause of the issue, which is a hatred for the white race by those perpetrating these crimes, and that this hatred is much more widespread than people are willing to admit, as evidenced by a variety of factors which I will not get into in this thread. But we are not supposed to raise this issue for legitimate discussion because it is somehow "racist?" So let's ignore the racism because by talking about that makes us racist...Insane and unbelievable. I want to stress that this is not a problem where the entire black race is concerned, and that people of this type exist among all races on earth. It is inevitable. But one thing that seems to be unique to the black community is an overwhelming amount of support, as we can witness by the goings-on in Ferguson, and that this can only occur when there is some deeply-ingrained cause. I wonder how many people will call me a racist for even mentioning these ideas? And that is a shame. I think another piece of evidence to support my idea is the fact that it is fairly obvious that many of those participating in this violence do not care at all for the victim. They only care about taking advantage of the situation to satisfy their own hatred.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have seen so much inhumanity and violence from the police farce , and from those on the other end of the coin this sort of thing does not even get to me any more. I have been desensitized by my own species , inundated constantly with atrocities ... it is unreal. Are we forever doomed to repeat the mistakes of our past ? History teaches us "Divide et impera" is always used in the ruling classes play book. It works , always without fail.

This is a perfect example why we need a armed public , while not for some but for most I encourage Americans to buy a hand gun , do some gun safety classes and get a conceal carry and get some practice in at your local shooting range. I am not saying go out and play cop and shoot people and be some vigilante but that elderly man could have been any one of us. As a armed civilian i certainly would have stepped in and drawn my weapon if needed. The people who film these events and do nothing enrage me just as much. We cant count on police to be there ... they just show up after the damage is done most of the time and clean up the mess like janitors. Ask Brown, err umm well he is dead but he laid there dead for 4 hours without even being covered. We need to police ourselves and our community.

While I am firmly against the courts ruling and just as angry as the black community... but this is madness. I remember the watts riots and what they did to Reginald Denny. The logic behind destroying your own community and beating the helpless is beyond me. Once again a hand full of punks acting on pure anger and rage fail to see the disservice they do to their cause, there is no resolve in this. When will people realize the police hate everyone the same "with the ruling class, elite , bankers and corporations" being exempt of course. They are playing right in to the hands of the MSM propaganda machine. Now they are giving more and more people fuel to defend Officer Wilson. All like see these black thugs they are just like Mike Brown, yet none of us knew Mike Brown all we get to see is him stealing from a station and being violent. For all we know he could have been a giant teddy bear and just snapped one day.

What has the world come to ? Will mobs lynch children next ?

Or as Rodney King said ca cuh caaant we all just get along ?

Beam me up Scotty I dont want to live on this planet anymore.
edit on 28-11-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
edit on 11/28/142014 by anicetus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

You realise of course, that the looters probably have nothing to do with the protestors. I would bet my house that there are agitators out there working their magic.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

I tend to see somewhat similar but overall quite different ideas.

Handguns are liable to be stolen, and are preferred by criminals due to being easily concealed.

I'd prefer to overall place tight-as-hell restrictions on handguns, meaning revolvers, pistols, etc. Perhaps simply bundling them with concealed-carry-type licenses.

"Assault weapon"-type classifications are mostly bullsh%t and should be revised or removed. How many gang/street-crime shootings are there with rifles or shotguns? Stereotypically not many.

Research should be funded into "Less-Than Lethal"-weapons, as to make them more effective (so you don't have the technical issues tasers have (single shot, the fussiness of having to hit with two-prongs). Said "Less-Than Lethal" devices would be sold on the civilian market, with legislation that would remove the liability issues that are always brought up (getting sued by a burglar).

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So do you agree that Darren Wilson should also receive his due process under the law?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Isn't that what just happened???

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Horrible event but there was concern from some of the younger people. It was nice to see the two young men gather his other tank

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Truthbadger

You realise of course, that the looters probably have nothing to do with the protestors. I would bet my house that there are agitators out there working their magic.

I don't know the mindset of any of these people.

As I have said before protest during the day and point out the ones who are looting - screw the "snitches get stitches" lingo. That is the way to show what you are made of. Not I'm gonna stand by my people no matter what they are doing,

Yes there are many agitators working their magic. Both sides actually. There is money to be made and continuation of brainwashing/leading to the slaughter.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The UK had some riots a couple years back, these 2 guys went on facebook and said something like "yeah lets go rioting in our town"... No-one listened and there was no riot in their town. They got sent to prison... 0.o Think they got 2 years each or something... Bloomin rediculous! If I said hey everyone go jump off a cliff... And even if you all did lol, am I really responsible for that? I think its just an excuse to quell freedom of speech. You don't need freedom of speech to say nice things, it is there FOR all the horrid thngs people say, because everyone has a right to an opinion, no matter how crappy we think it is individually or as a group.

But hey its the way the world is going!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

So do you agree that Darren Wilson should also receive his due process under the law?

I would have liked to have seen the justice system have a chance to work.

In this case, given the irregularities of convening this Grand Jury, the Prosecutor's relationship to Officer Wilson and his "defense fund," his family's background in St. Louis' police departments, the fact that McCulloch's police father was killed by a black man, allowing Wilson to testify with no real cross-examination ... I don't think the People have truly had their day in court.

However, I'm unsure that there is any way at this point for Wilson to have anything resembling a fair trial anywhere in this country, but there was certainly a point in the process that he could have been tried and found either innocent or guilty on the merits of the evidence.

edit on 9Sat, 29 Nov 2014 09:34:51 -060014p0920141166 by Gryphon66 because: -r

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join