It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full surveillance video of Cleveland PD shooting 12-year old.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

Edit: I think the travesty here is that they missed a chance for communication to actually assess the situation. Literally pulling up next to someone and hopping out is a good way to set everyone's nerves on edge. I think the over-eagerness of the confrontation led to this just as much as the kid reaching for his waist.

That is exactly what I thought after seeing this.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I just can't see why they would pull up on someone like that and *not* expect a reaction. That is literally intimidation/gang-mentality.

You have a speaker for a reason. Use it to tell the kid to lay on the ground. You don't have to drive up and jump out like they did.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

Here is something to remember....someone must have called the police and said someone had a gun pointing it at people. As we can see there.....someone walking by and the kid points the gun at them. They have this person obscured in the video release probably for personal safety and liability issues.

So the cops are on their way thinking someone is menacing with a gun. That's why they are in full go mode when they get there.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Here is something to remember....someone must have called the police and said someone had a gun pointing it at people. As we can see there.....someone walking by and the kid points the gun at them. They have this person obscured in the video release probably for personal safety and liability issues.

So the cops are on their way thinking someone is menacing with a gun. That's why they are in full go mode when they get there.

And the caller stated he didn't think it was real. The dispatcher didn't pass that on. I bet that was purposely done.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Really? Said it probably wasn't real but didn't pass it along......thats just great.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

So they pull up less than 2 feet with the car next to the gun holder?
That does not make any sense.

If you were called to check out a guy with a gun at a park, would you assess the situation at a distance or pull up right next to the gun holder and rush out of the car with guns drawn?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that they aren't trying to provoke a reaction..either through poor training or being a poor human being.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
One of the scariest things one can do in this world is to have children they love and care about.
I can't imagine how the parents must feel.

Kids can have some pretty serious attitudes as well and maybe he scared the person enough to call the law. Sometimes I think people are a little too quick to call the law. When a gun was mentioned they came sliding in their with adrenalin pumping not knowing what to expect. I don't know, if a Cop gets called out to someone who has a gun and has scared someone already he pretty much has an idea his life might be on the line when he gets there. Bullets are fast, if the suspect shoots first.

In communication things happen all the time after a message has been relayed a few times. The message gets added too or taken away from. I see it happen at work all the time. If I give a message or make a request, when I hear what the final message turned out to be most of the time its not even close to my original message.

The cops didn't get the feel of the urgency or nonurgency of the original message. Had they heard the call them selves they might have said, Ok, well ride out and check him out. But this way it seems like they got the wrong idea and ran out there expecting a gun battle.

Or maybe they slid in there ready to pop a cap in the kid regardless. Who Knows? Lots of these stories lately.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join