It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone with technical electrical knowledge: Please help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate
I didn't take that as 'having a go' at all! Thank you for the input! I looked into induction transformers and they are pretty ingenious, but the schematics don't really look like the Djed Pillar.

I did find this though:

I read it like, 10 times, and I'm still confused. Lol! I just don't have a natural talent for technical/mechanical stuff.

Nerve cells work by propagating positive and negative charges (sodium v potassium) like a wave moving down a wire. Maybe if they lined up 4 rings and a magnetized pole running through them. If you moved the pole up and down the rings would react and produce exponentially more energy than whatever amount of energy it took to move the pole???? Maybe???

The reason I started this thread was that I was hoping that there was already some kind of equipment in existence that resembled the Djed. I guess there's not.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a snake in a glass tube?
sounds like a high volt tube.

Djed Pillar?
look up tesla coil.

now when you make a tesla coil.
it has a thick wide coil at the bottem.
and above this a long tube with wire on it.

this sounds just like tesla coil.
but with four wide coils.

Please if some one can build this, do it.
or go on tesla coil site and get them to.

and tesla had a way with coils to transmit power.
maybe thats what this is?
edit on 26-11-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I don't think it is 'beyond a doubt' a light bulb.

For example, the base of the alleged object is without a doubt, depicting something botanical - like a flower or something like the stem side of an eggplant. This tells me it is not a light bulb. The filament could be a snake.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
looks spiritual, lotus of the Kundalini.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I like the bulb and filament and does seem somewhat plausible but where is source? Where does that wire run to? You generally need a positive, neutral and ground (line, load, ground). Were they running it in series or just one light to a panel box? Did they power the light at the panel or did the run it to a single position switch and run a switch leg to the filament? How did they get power from the panel? Pretty sure you couldn't just call PP&L to have them lay conduit from source to panel and from panel to switch and switch to light, but who knows.

Also if they didn't have a constant than they would have used batteries right? If that bulb was as big as people than can you imagine the size of the battery to power that? It would be the size of a pyramid! Wait, what?!?!
edit on 27-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Focus y'all!

I'm not trying to debate the 'light bulb'. Maybe that's what it is, maybe that's our own modern imprint because that's what OUR light bulbs look like. FORGET THE LIGHT BULB!

I'm wondering about the Djed Pillars. Let's all pretend....for just a couple of minutes that it's NOT a representation of a spine. Let's pretend that it is depicting some technical/mechanical component.

Ok, got it? So, hypothetically, if it's a tech/mech object.....what could it be used for? And remember that it's purpose would have to be impressive enough to achieve 'god-like' stature.

Think outside the box. Don't assume the wall carving is to scale, and don't assume they were using electricity as we know it.

And no one has attempted to answer my Tesla tower question: If an area is being powered by free energy being amplified/transmitted from a tower.... how would the lights/appliances work? With AC technology like we use, there's a plug (which you can unplug to cut the power) and a on/off switch. In a system of energy where the energy is free flowing all around, all the time, how do you turn things on and off? I would think in the case of a light bulb, the filaments would stay 'excited' and therefore lit as long as they're in contact with the energy source- which is constant. You wouldn't have to plug things in, but how would you turn them on and off?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

And no one has attempted to answer my Tesla tower question: If an area is being powered by free energy being amplified/transmitted from a tower.

Contrary to popular belief, Tesla's proposed system did not transmit electricity through the air. It transmitted electricity through earth. The system required both a transmitter and a receiver. The receiver could have been used to power a community (through conventional local wiring) or the wiring (with light switches) within a house.

It was not a system of "free energy" it was a system for the wireless transmission of electricity over long distances. Wires work better but both can be metered.

The arrangement, as I described it in detail, is shown in Fig. 8. In this case an alternator energizes the primary of a transformer, the high tension secondary of which is connected to the ground and an elevated capacity and tuned to the imprest oscillations. The receiving circuit consists of an inductance connected to the ground and to an elevated terminal without break and is resonantly responsive to the transmitted oscillations. A specific form of receiving device was not mentioned, but I had in mind to transform the received currents and thus make their volume and tension suitable for any purpose.
www.tfcbooks.com...

edit on 11/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thank you! I am supposed to be researching the origin of Egyptology for a story I'm working on and I'm on a major tangent as it is. I really will get off schedule if I stop to read up on Tesla and the mechanics of his inventions!

I was picturing a tower that amplifies geomagnetic energy, as in creating a 'force field' of useable energy. I guess it makes more sense for it to be closer to a wired system like we're used to.
a reply to: Phage

<< 1   >>

join