It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video released of temir rice shooting: cleveland..:vid in thread:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I'd rather risk getting shot than risk killing a 12 year old kid for playing with a toy gun. No way in hell could I live with that. The insanity gripping us needs to fk off already.

Yes with you all the way and it's not like one cop could not cover for the other one

Well said indeed

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

There was no one around.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There was no one around.

That we seen. That camera only captures so much.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

I wouldn't want to have to live with doing this but how far must your back be up against the wall? How do you identify the legitimacy of a perceived threat when intention is all you have to base your actions off of?

Well in my pocket I could have a knife or even a gun so if during a protest you see me putting my hands in my pockets to signal that my intension is not to harm anyone then you have an excuse to shoot me.

The police can act as if they are stupid all they like but the boy was in a park and they could see very a great distance that he was playing with a toy gun just like kids do and if the cop made a mistake then tough because everyone else in the world get to pay for mistakes unless of course they are above the law.

We are going to see a lot of protest in the USA about Fracking and letting the police off with such lame excuses will only let the police state get even worse than it was in 1930's Germany and as it is many of our police today put the SS to shame.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelmcclen
Growing up in N.Ireland I was taught at a very very early age (8 yrs); That if you pull out a weapon on the street and point it in any direction, especially in that of a police officer or soilder you will be shot.

I was taught this, I wonder if his parents had the brains to teach him that also. If not I blame the parents for not properly educating their son for the 'real' world.

yes! my point exactly, his parents should have taught him better, not so much because he might get shot by the police but more likely he might get shot by gang members or other thugs,especially in that city.

it would be like raising your kids at the beach and not teaching them about water safety or even how to swim, pure negligence on the parents part.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'd rather risk getting shot than risk killing a 12 year old kid for playing with a toy gun. No way in hell could I live with that. The insanity gripping us needs to fk off already.

well, then mount up john wayne,join the Cleveland police force and go out there and show them how it`s done.
for every call that ends up being a fake gun they probably get 100`s of calls that end up being real guns.gambling with your life with the such bad odds would be stupid.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
full vid

to be fair that frame was before the incident.

also, the guy that called was in the park, not at the bar

This is NOT a full video, it is clearly missing a part, just before he gets killed...

I dont think the killing is fully justified, they could have done more, before just shooting him. Not to blame the cops, but the tactics, the cops are trained to follow in these kind of situations, they could be improved.
Its a bad video, and it is hard to get full Picture by that alone.
But one think is clear, that kid was a frickin moron! He may not deserved to be killed, but he was clearly dangerous and pointing that gun around everywhere.. He put himself in the situation, where he had to be dealt with, and now he is sadly dead

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

You clearly are choosing to ignore the pictures of the gun the kid had. It absolutely looks real, even in a picture taken a foot away. Denying ignorance is one thing. Creating ignorance to fit ones agenda is an entirely separate thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

My shirt's not brown enough to be recruited as a cop these days.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There's an easy way to solve this. Don't legislate a damn thing.

Teach your kids not to point ANY gun at ANYONE...EVER.

And if the cops show up, put the gun down and lay down
immediately.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

IMO it used to be a honorable job to be a policeman, where you took honour and pride in protecting the civilians against crime, and they would give their lives to protect "us".
Now it seems, they would rather give up a civilian life, than risk their own. And that everybody is guilty until otherwise proven.

Crime has changed, and so have the police - none of them for the better, iam affraid

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
There's an easy way to solve this. Don't legislate a damn thing.

Teach your kids not to point ANY gun at ANYONE...EVER.

And if the cops show up, put the gun down and lay down
immediately.

I agree.

I work a job where I open carry a rather large and obvious pistol. My job also involves regular encounters with law enforcement in which STILL to this day I raise my arms when I see them approaching. If given the chance I disarm myself and remain in plain sight.

I haven't been mistaken yet for a "suspect" and never wish to.

Give em' an inch and they'll give ya' a bullet.

Not me....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
This is NOT a full video, it is clearly missing a part, just before he gets killed...

I dont think the killing is fully justified, they could have done more, before just shooting him. Not to blame the cops, but the tactics, the cops are trained to follow in these kind of situations, they could be improved.
Its a bad video, and it is hard to get full Picture by that alone.
But one think is clear, that kid was a frickin moron! He may not deserved to be killed, but he was clearly dangerous and pointing that gun around everywhere.. He put himself in the situation, where he had to be dealt with, and now he is sadly dead

Ok, so it was NOT a real gun?? I thought so, it looked real.

That is VERY VERY bad for the police... Kill first, ask later - So sad...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Yes the gun in the picture looks real but I am not sure if it was the gun in question due to the way its been worded but yes all good quality toy guns look real else the kids at the age of 12 would not play with them.

Was it loaded or was it not even one of them legal Co2 guns kids can buy that shoot a plastic ball at about one duel of energy because they sting,

Still no excuse for the cops to kill on site because driving up they could see he was playing from a long distance.

Protests have even kicked of in London tonight about the police killing blacks in the USA so yes know what the world now thinks about the police state you have across the pond.

London link

edit on 26-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

There was no one around.

how do you know there was nobody just out of frame?
what about walking around the park?
people in their yards or walking on the sidewalk....
people in their houses?

you dont know any of that and its not worth the risk.

if you want to risk yourself getting shot, thats one thing.

had the cop not done this he would have been risking everyone in the park and everyone around the park.
you saw the kid pointing it in all directions....
what game did he seem to be playing to you??

those were all the theories...he was probably playing army....yeah, ok

first rule of gun safety is to assume its loaded

the cop had an obligation to protect everyone, not just darwin junior

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What many people do not take into account is the Cudell neighborhood in which this incident took place. The fact there are two memorials at that park for officers slain just in that neighborhood should say a lot. I've been to that neighborhood and I know people who live there, and they won't even go out for the mail without being armed, and I certainly didn't feel safe doing work in that area while being threatened by people. The weapon the kid was carrying definitely looked like a .45-cal 1911 handgun (it even says Colt 1911 on the upper receiver). There is also a gang in that area know as the Heartless Felons, and there are some young kids in that gang. This situation had BAD written all over it from the start. Ultimately I place blame on the parents for not instilling a better sense of responsibility into their son, and if he indeed had behavioral/mental issues, he shouldn't have been at that park, unsupervised, in a crime-ridden part of town.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Seriously, people over there need to screw their heads on straight.

He's roaming around like a little gangster, flashing his gun, tries to pull it on armed police and gets shot.

I Know everyone say but he was only 12, Well guess what , at 12 He would have been well aware of what pointing a gun at somebody means.

A bad situation all around and I feel for his parents, friends and also the policeman.

Those people on the streets trying to riot are doing him an injustice by trying to do so in his name.

That's all I have to say on that matter.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

It's one thing to risk your own life. If the kid had a real gun and started shooting, it not only puts the life of the officers at risk, but also puts the lives of those passing by at risk. Officers are supposed to be protecting the public. And that's what he did.

That must be why they habitually empty their magazines in public areas...

Kid was being stupid and I can see why the cop would draw on him or physically take him down but the truth is that our police are too quick to pull the trigger.

They're inadequately trained & scared - scared gets people killed more than anything else.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

They habitually continue shooting until the target is no longer a threat, yes. Not exactly the same as popping off rounds in the air like Cowboys or something. Expecting 100% strike rate from rounds in a gunfight is completely unreasonable.

Also, I don't think it's reasonable to expect them attempt to run at, close with, and tackle somebody with a gun aside from the rare instance when they have complete and total surprise in their corner.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Shamrock6
Yes the gun in the picture looks real but I am not sure if it was the gun in question due to the way its been worded

that was the exact gun in question

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join