It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

worst pain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
what is the worst pain you guys recieve from love and how did you move on?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Actually, I think you mean what pain have you felt from lack of love don't ya? By definition, true love does no one wrong, but I know what you are getting at. I think the biggest hurt is not getting forgiveness when you messed up and sincerely asked for it. No one is perfect, that is why we have forgiveness. Forgiveness is the alternative to bottling up hatred or exercising a payback, both of which is negative and doesn't make up for a wrong.

Trust (lack thereof), lying, cheating, controlling are also a few.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I gave my baby up fr adoption because he was sick and neededmore help than I could give him ... I miss him dearly ... maybe one day I will find him again ... all I know is that because of my decision he is living a healthy life and wont die from his illness now

*Z*

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerinity
I gave my baby up fr adoption because he was sick and neededmore help than I could give him ... I miss him dearly ... maybe one day I will find him again ... all I know is that because of my decision he is living a healthy life and wont die from his illness now*Z*

I cannot begin to imagine how hard that was for you. It's good to see that you realized the greater good here and helped one who could not help it's self.

God Bless.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
my pain would be a relationship from a long time ago...

I dated a girl for almost 3 years, we met when I was 17, she was 15.

Not a single day went by that we were not together, every minute that we were not in eachothers presence we were on the phone together.

Finally after 3 years, she just decided that she didn't want to be with me anymore. Maybe all that time together was too much ? I later found out, that she had met another and had been writing letters to him for a couple of months, he was away in the Army.

That's fine. I now see how my life might have turned out, had she and I stayed together. I know people who still see her from time to time and it's not too good. 4 kids, unhappy marriage to "him", etc.

So while I thought I was going to die in those first few days without her, I got up and moved on, a great move it was.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The worst pain is usually causing the pain.

There was this one girl I went out with for about a year or so and she was great. After a while it got kinda awkward and she was kinda annoying to me and you know the story, things werent going so hot. So after a couple weeks of this I htought it time to move on, so I broke up with her. Damn was she crushed. I could tell just by looking at her face. I asked her friend a week later if she was okay, and she said she was still crying and all that.

That was the worst pain, making her feel pain.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I think the biggest hurt is not getting forgiveness when you messed up and sincerely asked for it. No one is perfect, that is why we have forgiveness. Forgiveness is the alternative to bottling up hatred or exercising a payback, both of which is negative and doesn't make up for a wrong.

Absolutely!

Although some things are unforgivable...cheating (if they do it once they'll do it again), physical abuse e.t.c.

Everyone makes mistakes though, and deserve a chance as long as the love is still there...

As for getting over it...Jesus! I don't know.

They say time is a great healer, I'm guessing that's the way it goes...

[edit on 14-12-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The greatest pain I've felt from love was from trying to love some one who was mentally ill. My life was a living hell for 3 years. She was manipulative and abusive, and used her genuine illness to avoid responsibility in life.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
what is the worst pain you guys recieve from love and how did you move on?

pain......
the one thing i have found when it comes to permanent separation from someone you have feelings for, whether it be the break-up with a lover or the death of someone you care for, is this.
it never gets easier, you just get jaded to it as you get older, and you experience it more.
also, remember this,(a
"wise old queen"*coughfloydcough*, once shared this with me and it is one of the wisest bits of advise Ive ever heard)
"everyday you wake up, it hurts just a little less until the day comes when you go through an entire day without thinking of it once......and life goes on"
sage words. and also from my experience, very true.
im sorry for your loss and hope you feel better.-j; )

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Nine Inch Nails]

top topics

join