It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many NOT looking forward to thanksgiving tomorrow.....im not im not

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Have you looked around this planet? You are not alone. Anyone with a family can probably relate to this to some degree. My own family is such a headache to me that I've literally lived under an assumed identity during several years of my life, not to hide from the law, but to hide from them. ;p You can guess where I'm not spending Thanksgiving. Have you considered moving? I discovered that my family's cutoff point for holiday traveling is anything further than three hours away, so I always make sure I live outside of that radius.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe that should be medicate.

Slip something calming into the soup.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
Have you considered moving? I discovered that my family's cutoff point for holiday traveling is anything further than three hours away, so I always make sure I live outside of that radius.

hell yes i have thought about it.
its not just my decision anymore though.
im married and have a 2 year old daughter......

its a family decision which means its 50/50 vote cause my daughter is to young to have an opinion. since the vote ties, my wife is the tie breaking vote...you know how that goes.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You and your wife should lock the front door tomorrow about an hour before your company arrives. Then go to the movies. After the movie find a Chinese restaurant ala Christmas story and dine. Then go home and enjoy your empty house.

On a side note, your wife would not let a stranger treat her that way, so why does she let her family behave this way?
edit on 26-11-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Man up and deal with it. Do you think you are the only one with a dysfunctional family?

Playing the victim get's no sympathy from me...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

On a side note, your wife would not let a stranger treat her that way, so why does she let her family behave this way?

i dont know man.
this is really out only issue. when we argue, its about this...her family i mean.

she is a very tough woman and would not hesitate to tell people exactly whats up.

she lets her parents, dad especially walk all over her.

she does not say no to him. when he is on one of his tirades she does not stand up for herself...i just dont know.

when her and i start talking about it it usually winds up going south so i just leave it alone.

olaru, not playing anything.
only said it 5 times...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do you think you are the only one with a dysfunctional family?

I'm assuming you missed the part where the OP is asking other members if they too are not looking forward to having to deal with their dysfunctional families tomorrow...

So it kind of makes your own rantfest (before and after the above statement) rather moot in the overall scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Honestly dude the problem you have is with your wife not her parents. Thats a little harder to fix I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Honestly dude the problem you have is with your wife not her parents. Thats a little harder to fix I'm afraid.

i see what you are saying...
my problem with the dad, step mom, and brother is how they act.

i just dont like them

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Whats to like? Lol
Find yourself a good bottle of liquid sedation and hang on, it will be over soon,,,,,till christmas...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm very lucky to be spending Thanksgiving with my husband only. There have been plenty of years where I've been in your shoes, but I have been so happy since we pretty much quit celebrating holidays. It's so freeing! The most we do for any holiday (including anniversaries and birthdays) is have a nice meal. No pressure, no shopping, no decorating... It's great!

Sorry you'll be spending your day with weird people... Good luck!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Whats to like? Lol
Find yourself a good bottle of liquid sedation and hang on, it will be over soon,,,,,till christmas...

hhahahha...thanks for the tip.

i dont use liquid sedation though.
i have prescriptions......

thanks BH

enjoy it for me
edit on 26-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: olaru12

Do you think you are the only one with a dysfunctional family?

I'm assuming you missed the part where the OP is asking other members if they too are not looking forward to having to deal with their dysfunctional families tomorrow...

]

I know gratitude is a difficult concept for some.

He should be grateful he has a family to whine about. I will spend my Thanksgiving alone and at work. I count my blessings that I even have that opportunity.

Sorry, I don't suffer fools or crybabies very well!!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

He should be grateful he has a family to whine about

yeah, im not
this is my wifes family. not mine
my family will not come over because her father and idiot brother are coming.
they dont want to be around them either.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Just dropped in to say holidays are only good for not working... and usually ruined by family.... and family is why humans love intoxicants.

Also, your avatar is... well, it just is, and I'm thankful for that.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Walk around in some whitey-tighties and a stained T-shirt. If they leave, mission accomplished. If not, at least you'll be comfortable.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

i thought it was awesome.
took about 10 minutes for it to be removed.

i guess only the real, full body miley shaking it is allowed...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Nuthin' but love Grovit. I know how it is to deal with less than savory in-laws. Luckily, I am divorced and don't have to deal with that s### anymore.

So its just family this year. We're going to have an awesome dinner and get well and truly baked (pies of course
) it should be a swell day! Try and make the best of your's bud.

Have a few of these,

And try not to hate on the depressed guy. I have MD too. It is not a Cakewalk my friend.
edit on Cpm3Wednesday0920140830Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:09:08 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
if you love your wife, and value your relationship with her, just grin and bear it. While it may sound rather docile compared to the insanity of your in laws, I have sat through my fair share of Catholic nonsense in support of the wifes family. Not to mention the freaking 4th of July picnics that I seem to be stuck footing the bill for every year, while having to take off from work to camp out to get the "good spot" for the fireworks show.

We do it because we love them.
My condolences.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I always hate Thanksgiving because we usually get stuck going to a giant family get together on my husbands side of the family. The worst part - sick drippy nosed kids with hands all over the food 'helping' in the kitchen. Thankfully, this year, there is no get together. Ahhhhh ... relief!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join