It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another mystery sinkhole measuring 100ft wide opens up in Siberia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No doom just an update on the openings occurring in the Siberian region.

YET another giant mystery sinkhole has appeared in Siberia close to one of the world's largest potassium salt mines.

The gaping chasm measures a whopping 100ft across and appeared after the nearby Solikamsk-2 mine was flooded.

It is not the first time a sinkhole has opened up in the region, similar huge holes have appeared in the Yamal – or 'end of the world'.

Locals have claimed to have seen missiles and even falling angels near the sinkholes.

People have not slept for three days, waiting for new holes
Solikamsk resident
Thousands of mine employees have since been told to keep away as geologists urgently look into why it happened.

One theory is that a 20-year-old earthquake weakened the structure of the bedrock surrounding the mine making it unstable.

Nobody living in the nearby town of Solikamsk was injured and experts have assured families that their homes are safe.

But the unexpected crater has caused mass panic in the town and many residents are reported to be rushing to sell their homes.

One local resident said: "People have not slept for three days, waiting for new holes."

Another added: "The homes were empty when it happened, which was lucky. The nearest houses where people are living are two kilometres away."

www.express.co.uk...

Are the conditions that caused this recent hole responsible holes for the other holes near Yamal, 1 wonders?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wonder how many homes it swallowed up and if anyone was hurt?
I hope there was some warning...maybe cracking and shifting of the earth before it just "opened up"!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I'm pretty sure this was posted a few days ago. I remember seeing those same pics.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It appears that none were harmed TNMockingbird

Nobody living in the nearby town of Solikamsk was injured and experts have assured families that their homes are safe.
Another added: "The homes were empty when it happened, which was lucky. The nearest houses where people are living are two kilometres away."

The thing that has captured my attention is how the locals explain seeing?

Locals have claimed to have seen missiles and even falling angels near the sinkholes.

edit on 11/26/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

1 Apollos snypwsd, I followed the ATS rules and did a check multiple times and found nothing shared...

Mods if there exist already a OP feel free to remove, thanks.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Do you know if all of these are close to mines or wells? The reason I ask is that it stands to reason that if you're taking something out of the ground, whatever it was supporting will collapse.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yea this has already been posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nonetheless still a good post

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yes it appears this one was near a mine that flooded Skid Mark. Something from the article.

The gaping chasm measures a whopping 100ft across and appeared after the nearby Solikamsk-2 mine was flooded.

Thousands of mine employees have since been told to keep away as geologists urgently look into why it happened.

One theory is that a 20-year-old earthquake weakened the structure of the bedrock surrounding the mine making it unstable.

A 20 year old EQ?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: capragenus

capragenus, thanks for the find
gives canucks555 a SnF for their presentation also...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Looks like it was already posted, so I shall rescind my statement!

edit on 26-11-2014 by Septimus because: already posted elsewhere

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I did mention this in the other sinkhole thread but your new information about them seeing missiles and angels makes this Russian mystery even more interesting I think.

Flash that lit up Russian sky for 11 seconds

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't blame the residents for being a nervous wreck. How could anyone
sleep when they know the earth beneath them could just open up and
swallow the whole house? That looks way bigger than a hundred ft too.
And they saw missles? And fallen angels? That's an unlikely combination for
someone to just dream up for the sake of BS. And there could be so much
more involved for the people that live there.

I'm glad this got posted cause I missed the other thread.

SnF

top topics

join