It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fools Holding the Keys to their own Prison - Manly P. Hall Speaks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

And why is Hall's opinion on Masonry more than a quarter century prior to him joining relevant?

This is the same disingenuous nonsense that the twice-banned PosteriorEd liked to post. Do you know him?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

edit on 26-11-2014 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
a reply to: stirling

Those who know do not speak because history has taught us it will get you crucified.

Your words are case in point.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
What a crock of pseudo spirituality,,,,,,
Those who KNOW......do NOT speak.....
Those who speak do NOT know.............
Pity that you cant actually SHARE anything concrete.....more convenient for you.....
No explanations needed then....carry on bullshipping yourselves....

As for me, the entire catalog of my knowledge on the topic is stored in my threads and posts. Feel free to read.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

The Bible we read today has many questions. My relationship is such that the Bible you say is enough for you leaves me with more questions than answers. By following a doctrine of anyone, I first have to get to know them personally and the only way is to seek other ancient texts that may fill in the gaps.

Well said. The rest was equally well stated.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've dared to look, and through many sources, and the conclusion that I've come to is that the bible and the books within it are about doomsday that sets into motion another cycle of mankind. Even sources outside of the bible point the same way.

I can tell you what 33 and 72 means. I can tell you what 153 means and how to use it to get the real number you need to know. And I can put these into real world context so you can know what's going on.

Isaac Newton was close with 2060, but using a NASA tool puts the time at 2064. I don't know the method he used,
but I can show you in a few very simple steps how the doomsday calculation works. Its based on a very real thing that if you live til 2064, you will be able to look to the right part of the sky at the appointed time and see it coming with your own eyes. The month and location of its arrival is mentioned over and over again through paintings and texts if you know the 2 symbols. And I can tell you exactly how the Mayans messed up for those who felt burned by their prediction.

I've thought about doing a thread on it as it would be the Mother of all Conspiracies, but with all the bots, shills, and foaming at the mouth Christians on here, it truly would be pearls before swine.

Convince me why I should share? I'm currently writing a book about it so I have strong motivations to not share.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

His opinion goes well past him joining, not just prior.

Many 33 degree Masons hold his teachings/works in the most high standards.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

His opinion goes well past him joining, not just prior.

Then I guess it would be easy for you to provide a link or two with these sentiments after Hall became a Mason.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CAPT PROTON

Well the Bible states this world will end.

Jesus prays, "Thy Kingdom Come"

According to the Bible the world will be destroyed by fire.

Outside the Bible.we find prophetic notions of fire coming to the Earth.

Mankind will most assuredly have to have a reset into the better good.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Im mobile right now so not able to provide you with what you ask. My phone sux.

His opinions about masonry are in his lectures when he was an old man. Ive listened to them. He became a Mason in the 50's. He died in 1990.

To be a Mason, Im surprised you would not like Manly.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Im mobile right now so not able to provide you with what you ask. My phone sux.

I can wait until you have better access.

His opinions about masonry are in his lectures when he was an old man. Ive listened to them. He became a Mason in the 50's. He died in 1990.

I am looking for this specific opinion. Hall commented, later in life, that he was incorrect about many of his assumptions regarding Masonry once he joined and experienced it first hand.

To be a Mason, Im surprised you would not like Manly.

Where did I say any such thing?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Haha... well its been a pain in the butt. Our transformer beside the house fell last night. Im mobile for the internet and wouldn't be so bad if I had a.better phone.

There are many lectures and essays by Manly. The Masonic Order of Fraternies comes to mind. I believe it was indeed published in the.70's but could be mistaken.

From what I gathered it appeared you were not into his works... my apologies if I assumed wrong.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

From what I gathered it appeared you were not into his works... my apologies if I assumed wrong.

My issue is when disingenuous posters (like PosteriorEd) try to attach special significance to the opinion of a person who was not even a member of an organization he was writing about.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So you are saying once he experienced it first hand he thought negativly about the Brotherhood?

I have spent countless hours poring over his works and was clueless to that notion.

Who wrote he had a second thought regarding the Fraternity? Dan Brown? Lol

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So you are saying once he experienced it first hand he thought negativly about the Brotherhood?

No, what I am saying is he changed his opinion on what he claimed in his earlier works, he realized that many of his specifics were not valid.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Even before he became a member, he was a member. Lol

This is what I hear the brotherhood is about. You KNOW you belong well before you join. You are initiated within your being and.just KNOW you belong .

Is that a wrong understanding?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Even before he became a member, he was a member. Lol

This is what I hear the brotherhood is about. You KNOW you belong well before you join. You are initiated within your being and.just KNOW you belong .

Is that a wrong understanding?

One's philosophical disposition is not relevant to offering an opinion (as Hall did in the book cited earlier) of a group one does not belong to. Hall's writings were done before he experienced any Masonic ritual, and even after he joined he was considered obscure and not relevant ritualistically or historically.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I think the sheep and goats parable do in a way sum up Jesus teachings on most levels even if from my point of view it over exaggerate the fate of the goats. The mirror is bad enough.

But to really understand the sheep and goats parable on all levels is very hard. It is discussing things on levels that most religious do not understand.

Matthew 25:31

when moreover comes the Son of man in the glory of him, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon [the] throne of glory of him. and will be gathered before him all the nations; and he will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

and he will set indeed [the] sheep on [the] right hand of him, and [the] goat on [his] left. Then will say the King to those on [the] right hand of him, Come, those being blessed of the Father of me, inherit the having been prepared for you kingdom from [the] foundation of [the] world. I hungered indeed, and you gave Me to eat; I thirsted, and you gave to drink me; a stranger I was, and you took in Me; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; in prison I was, and you came to Me.

Then will answer him the righteous, saying, Lord, when you saw we hungering, and fed [you]? or thirsting, and gave [you] to drink? when moreover You saw we a stranger, and took [You] in? or naked, and clothed [You]? when moreover you saw we ailing, or in prison, and came to you? And answering, the King will say to them,

Truly (Amēn) I say to you, to the extent much as you did [it] to one of these the brothers of Me the least, to Me you did [it]. Then will He say also to those on [the] left, Depart from Me, those being cursed, into the fire eternal, having been prepared for the devil and the angels of him. I hungered indeed, and nothing you gave to Me to eat; and I thirsted, and nothing you gave to drink Me; a stranger I was, and not you took in Me; naked, and not you did clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and not you did visit Me.

Then will answer also themselves, saying, Lord, when You saw we hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and not did minister to You? Then will He answer them, saying, Truly I say to you, to the extent that not you did [it] to one of these the least, neither to Me did you. And will go away these into punishment eternal; moreover [the] righteous into life eternal.

edit on 26-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thats your opinion though, one that I beg to differ.

The Fraternity is something he knew inside and out. They didnt just allow him to join and become a 33 degree for falsely representing them.

When you research his studies or if you do, you will understand your opinion is not.correct.

He wrote in 1978 Masonic Order Of Fraternities. Have you read that book?

Have you read any of his works?

Im.not attacking you, im truly trying to understand your opinion and how you arrived with one that seems off the beaten path.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The Fraternity is something he knew inside and out. They didnt just allow him to join and become a 33 degree for falsely representing them.

No one prevents you from joining for stating your opinion. His opinion, in the book cited above, was not correct.

When you research his studies or if you do, you will understand your opinion is not.correct.

His personal studies revolve heavily around mysticism and theosophy which Masonry has almost none of.

He wrote in 1978 Masonic Order Of Fraternities. Have you read that book?

Have you read any of his works?

Yes, and it does not even come remotely close to what the Original Poster was discussing. Additionally, this is all his opinion and is just as valid (or invalid) as any other Mason's opinion on the Fraternity.

Im.not attacking you, im truly trying to understand your opinion and how you arrived with one that seems off the beaten path.

There is nothing off the beaten path. Hall himself had said, in a paraphrased manner, that he was a foolish young man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join