It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Moon flags still standing, images show

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
That could be Elton John as far as i am concerned. Unrecognizable.

Sure -- but the landing site is recognizable, considering the locations of objects matches the locations seen in the images taken on the surface by the Apollo astronauts.

So is it recognizable as a flag? No.

But is it in the location that the flag was know to be in relative to the rest of the landing site? Yes.

edit on 11/26/2014 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Shadows? Yea right

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Does a piece of white paper cast a shadow? Of course it does. A white flag would cast a shadow too.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Great post!

Can I also be the first to point out this is a prime example of what foreign bodies would look like on another world from satellite.. can't comment about ground level.. but all the people who keep on posting pictures of Mars rocks entitled: "Fossilized Lizard!!" ..is starting to get a bit silly.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of these people and we need these people to question theories and methods.. even suggesting their own. But we cannot expect to find large fossils just lying on the surface of a barren planet.. even our Terra with a very recent history does not have this!

But again, great post

edit on 27/11/2014 by L.A.B because: would not display entirety of post

edit on 27/11/2014 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
looks like someone was having fun with MS paint. lol.

This picture looks sorta real, and at the same time it dosn't.

edit on 27-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr
Funny how the "doodles" in LRO images match the objects and tracks in the Apollo LM lift-off fotage: www.youtube.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Extensive work has been done to match stuff seen in Apollo photo and film footage with the same stuff visible in LRO images. You can try it yourself and match the numerous craters, boulders, equipment left there by the astronauts, and even their own footprints.
Here's my own work with Apollo 15 photos: www.abovetopsecret.com...
And here's someone else's excellent match of the rocks in Hadley Rille: www.internationalskeptics.com...
edit on 28-11-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Saint Exupery

Well from the image provided and obvious lack of detail there is no telling what shape the flag is in other than it casts a shadow.

Could be bleached white and just a hanging tattered mess for all we know.

I would think it should be, being that it's on the moon with no atmosphere being bombarded by ...the full onslaught of comic rays ..not even to mention the heat on the moon's surface which is in upwards of 250*F+ ...!!! That's some awesome type of fabric they came up with way back in the 60's !!!

LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

not even to mention the heat on the moon's surface which is in upwards of 250*F+ ...!!! That's some awesome type of fabric they came up with way back in the 60's !!!
But if the flag is standing it isn't in contact with the Moon's surface, is it? But even if it was, the melting temperature of nylon is something over 400º. Is that pretty awesome?

edit on 11/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

So,..they are insinuating that Stanley Kubrick was a liar...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If we are going into the moon landings. Seriously it's too perfect, almost perfect tv-feed, no problems. Everything went according to plan. Absolutely perfect! Just to good to be true?
So did they make it with out errors, or failed a bunch of times, leaving several dead in space and on the moon? Covered it up ? Naaaah.... the US gov. never cover anything up, so why the moon landings?

I want to believe... where is the ultimate fact that settles the matter? Where is the proof ? It does not exist!

Its like the movie, "Contact"
www.imdb.com...

And thats the thing, - we are here to speculate about the matter, which is the most questioned thing today... proof!

There are believers and there are non-believers ... where is the 100% proof ?

Asking me - i would say if it did happen, Buzz Aldrin and the lot would have died of cancer years ago ... due to radiation, but somehow this cosmic ray fact does not matter? Cosmic rays wasn't invented back then ? lol
Cue Phage!
edit on 28/11/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Everything went according to plan. Absolutely perfect! Just to good to be true?

You don't actually know much about Apollo, do you?

There are believers and there are non-believers ... where is the 100% proof ?
In the rocks returned by the astronauts. In the mountains of data collected. There is overwhelming evidence that the landings occurred. None that they didn't.

i would say if it did happen, Buzz Aldrin and the lot would have died of cancer years ago ... due to radiation
You know a lot about radiation induced cancer? Ok, tell us, what is the allowable dosage for astronauts in the ISS? How does it compare to the dosage received by the Apollo astronauts?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Go out and buy a flag.

Put it in your oven and set it to 250 F.

Check on it after a few hours.

Don't be too surprised to see it still there, unharmed. Be careful touching it though, it will be hot.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

not even to mention the heat on the moon's surface which is in upwards of 250*F+ ...!!! That's some awesome type of fabric they came up with way back in the 60's !!!
But if the flag is standing it isn't in contact with the Moon's surface, is it? But even if it was, the melting temperature of nylon is something over 400º. Is that pretty awesome?

well...

i'm a little confused here Phage ...does it HAVE to be touching the surface since there's no atmosphere on the moon..?? I mean ..50 years of direct constant cosmic radiation and temps 250*F+ not to mention all the cosmic dust flying around ....

math, logic and physics ..aint adding up for me .. but I'm FAR from being an expert here..

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

does it HAVE to be touching the surface since there's no atmosphere on the moon
Since you mentioned the temperature of the surface of the Moon, yes, it would have to be touching that surface. Since there is no atmosphere on the Moon.

But go stand in a parking lot with bare feet on a summer day. Pretty hot, huh? Now go stand on one of the white parking stall lines. Is it the same temperature as the blacktop?

50 years of direct constant cosmic radiation and temps 250*F+ not to mention all the cosmic dust flying around ....
You're guessing that the temperature of the cloth would reach 250º but, as pointed out, so what? Why do you think cosmic rays or cosmic "dust" would have any particular effect?

If anything it would be the UV radiation which would really be problematic. The thing is, all we can really see is the shadows of the flags. We don't know how much of them is left.

Do you think the Moon Landings were faked?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Why do you think cosmic rays or cosmic "dust" would have any particular effect?

If anything it would be the UV radiation which would really be problematic.
One hypothesis for the long survival time could be a buildup of cosmic dust partially blocking the UV radiation. Even on Earth where UV radiation is attenuated, it's still strong enough to cause nylon to disintegrate after a decade.

The other thing that occurred to me as a possible analogy are lantern mantles. The mantle burns to a relatively fragile ash which will disintegrate on touch, but you can bump the lantern around a bit (maybe something like small moonquakes) without destroying the mantles. The nylon flags won't turn to ash line the mantles, but the nylon polymer chains may be shortened to the extent that the flag would be just as fragile as a mantle.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
it's some kind of a trick!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Saint Exupery

Well from the image provided and obvious lack of detail there is no telling what shape the flag is in other than it casts a shadow.

Could be bleached white and just a hanging tattered mess for all we know.

Yes, I agree. I'm just surprised that there's anything left to cast a shadow.

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

The other thing that occurred to me as a possible analogy are lantern mantles. The mantle burns to a relatively fragile ash which will disintegrate on touch, but you can bump the lantern around a bit (maybe something like small moonquakes) without destroying the mantles. The nylon flags won't turn to ash line the mantles, but the nylon polymer chains may be shortened to the extent that the flag would be just as fragile as a mantle.

(Insert image of Mythbusters' "Plausible" sign).

edit on 29-11-2014 by Saint Exupery because: up yers, that's why!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
JohnTheSmith

That's obviously a rock. Or maybe even a cosmic ray hitting the lens.
People and their imaginations, right?
This is where I would put the wikipedia link for the definition of 'pareidolia', you know, cause now not only are you wrong, but I'm also going to diagnose you with a psychological disorder. Cause I'm a dude on the internet.

Even though I realise you are being sarcastic, to these images I am going to shout "ROCK" and "pictures or it didnt happen". Others have said this on ATS before, so now I think we need an image which shows a flag on the Moon to believe that this is what they say. Oh.. the LROC cannot give us such high resolution images? Rubbish, I am sure there are better images of the Moon which just do not see the public light of day. I reckon this is just another NASA publicity image and them telling us to believe them again.

Wildespace, I appreciate that rocks and craters can be matched up from different perspectives, and I do actually believe that these are the flags (since it does not matter either way). However, the point I am making is that there is absolutely no difference between the quality and size of this image and the ones certain people shout ROCK at. Not pointing any fingers of course...

It has to be said, I and others have found far more interesting and detailed pictures of 'things' which folks on here have shouted ROCK at. There is no difference between these images of dots they say are flags and our images of anomalies. In fact, some of the anomaly images are far better than these. However, we still dont have any released images which are good enough to show the flag as a flag. Authority is earned by respect and in my opinion, NASA have shown time and again that they do not deserve our respect.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo

Authority is earned by respect and in my opinion, NASA have shown time and again that they do not deserve our respect.

because you believe they are hiding something from you?

you would respect them if you understood the level of engineering involved in making/designing rockets.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I agree that there are many dedicated engineers and scientists working for NASA. Individually, I am sure they all want the best possible outcome for we humans. However, as soon things start to get political and military at management level there seems to be an agenda which is designed to keep secrets. Otherwise, everything would be transparent and it is not.

It is important that the anti-NASA feelings should not be taken personally in a defensive way since it is the nature of a government funded organisation that they have to do what is dictated by the paymaster. Anyone who feels defensive about this should really examine the access to information coming from NASA. Also, important historical records do not just get "lost".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join