It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Officer Wilson Claims Punched in Car But Has Right Side Facial Bruise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: atlscribe

Just understand that pain and fear are subjective, not objective, feelings. I have a much higher pain tolerance than the average person, but that doesn't mean that just because I get punched in the face doesn't mean that I wouldn't be filled with fear. And just because you think that the amount of bruising shown in the pic doesn't meet up with your expectation of a life-threatening punch doesn't really mean much. If an officer is knocked out by a guy attempting to take his service weapon, his life is in jeopardy regardless of how you feel. If Brown had knocked out Wilson, he could have just taken his weapon and killed him, or continued to beat him to death without Wilson being able to defend himself.

In any defensive martial art, you are always taught to remain in control of the situation--once you lose that control, your life is threatened. It doesn't take much to kill someone with your fists, let alone if you're able to take someone's firearm and use it against them.

The bottom line is that, no matter how many hypotheticals you throw out there, your obviously biased in your opinion of the situation. Neither of us were there, but looking at the size of Wilson compared to Brown, it's not a stretch of the imagination to see why he would fear for his life during this confrontation.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join