It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of car running over protestors in Minneapolis

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship & SubTruth

You're 100% wrong actually. They have every Right to be in the way. Legally they have "The Right of Way". This has already been shown multiple times and is a FACT that is known to anyone with a Drivers License.

But none of that matters to you and many others here. Because you have a bias toward the people who are protesting anything goes. You don't care about what's legal or moral simply because you don't agree with them.

You're so biased in fact that you no longer know the difference between Protestors and Looters. Actually, you do know the difference you just choose to deny it because you'd rather be an A-hole instead. You are all acting just like the looters who are just out for themselves.
edit on 28-11-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Back again. An automoble should not be driven towards a group, gathering, mob, parade, assembly of people in ANY event. The correct course of action by a conscientious driver would be to stay well clear in all cases. An automobile is a lethal weapon in my book and should in all cases be considered this way and used accordingly.
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Cars belong on a busy street. A mob of fools does not.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

You guys are the worst, laziest and most unintelligent trolls I've ever seen.

You're wrong in multiple ways, which is amazing with such a short comment, but you still did it.

First of all, that wasn't exactly a busy street. There are about 4 or 5 cars there.

Second, it was an intersection and People are allowed to cross there all they want.

Third, you're not allowed to drive over people crossing the street. Legally, pedestrians have the right of way.

Fourth, the driver made an illegal pass of the car in front of him before driving into the crowd.

Fifth, if that is the best you can come up with you should keep it to yourself next time because it makes you look like a jackass to come in here and say something that is not just technically incorrect but also rude.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

First of all, that wasn't exactly a busy street. There are about 4 or 5 cars there.

Second, it was an intersection and People are allowed to cross there all they want.

Third, you're not allowed to drive over people crossing the street. Legally, pedestrians have the right of way.

Fourth, the driver made an illegal pass of the car in front of him before driving into the crowd.

Fifth, if that is the best you can come up with you should keep it to yourself next time because it makes you look like a jackass to come in here and say
a reply to: mOjOm

Thank you for your reply. I was flattered by your initial comments (not quoted).

In response to your points:
1. It certainly was no walking path; it was a road for vehicles, which means certain laws are applicable.
2. People are certainly allowed to cross the street. Did you see a different video were people were crossing the street? Because I saw a mob of morons ready to attack the next outsider encroaching upon their "turf". Which just happened to be a random whoever, trying to get from point A to point B, in their vehicle designed to travel on the path which these people decided to claim as their own.
3. Pedestrians have the right of way? Please tell me this was a joke. You are going to compare this enraged mod to "pedestrians". The person attempting to make their way home (presumably) through a zone overrun by a mob has the right to defend themselves and their property. The people surrounding and attacking (yes, they were) his vehicle had no right to endanger the people in that vehicle (for all you know there could have been a whole family and children in that vehicle). Don't talk about right of way laws in regards to this malarkey; that was just shenanigans.
4. Driver made an illegal pass of the stopped car who also didn't know "WTF" to do in the presence of a rock and a linch mob scenario? My point is that they passed safely and did not endanger the driver of the other vehicle (or the riot which had no right to be there BTW either; with that specific passing that you referenced).
5. And of course finally, the commentary rebuttal... I appreciate that feedback. I understand your perspective and the reasoning behind it. I respectfully disagree (as per above).

edit on bSaturday201411b by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

As a matter of fact I do have video and stills showing exactly what I'm talking about and why you don't know what you're talking about. I'm interested to see your evidence as well. I invite you to please post all your supporting evidence after you examine mine.

So as to save time and redundancy I'm going to just give you the links to the information. They are direct links to this very thread in fact, for the most part just a few pages back. I'm shocked you aren't aware of them since I'm sure you read the information provided in this thread before just commenting some wild opinion off the top of your head. After all that would be silly to do and exactly like the example I was talking about just a few moments ago.

Let's Begin:
Here is a good summary of events including video and still shots.
Video and Stills

As for the legal aspects of pedestrians and passing try this.
www.revisor.mn.gov...

Let me know if there is anything else you need. I look forward to your evidence most of all however. Feel free to use the videos that are provided to illustrate your theory as I would really like to see how it's possible.

Especially such rich details as "Rock and Lynch Mob" & "Mobs defending their Turf". I also want you to show me in the videos who the aggressor was and at which point. Because in both videos from two different angles it's quite clear that it was the driver that initiated this whole thing. So be specific please, as I have been.

edit on 29-11-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I am super impressed at your commitment good sir!!!!

You have been a joy to interact with. I feel we are at a loss though, as I do not feel you have addressed my previous comment. You have addressed the fact that you feel you have been challenged. That is clear. However, you have provided links to non-specific references and seem to be attempting to creating an argument out of that. I hope for more from your next post. I am eager to continue our conversation.

edit on bSaturday201455b by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Stuship & SubTruth

You're 100% wrong actually. They have every Right to be in the way. Legally they have "The Right of Way". This has already been shown multiple times and is a FACT that is known to anyone with a Drivers License.

But none of that matters to you and many others here. Because you have a bias toward the people who are protesting anything goes. You don't care about what's legal or moral simply because you don't agree with them.

You're so biased in fact that you no longer know the difference between Protestors and Looters. Actually, you do know the difference you just choose to deny it because you'd rather be an A-hole instead. You are all acting just like the looters who are just out for themselves.

Oh Please you are painting with very broad brush stokes you have no idea how I feel about protesting. You are assuming and putting your personal truth forward as fact.

I will say it again if you stand in front of a car that a mob is surrounding you are asking for trouble. This is simple common sense this poor girl and others were lacking at the time. The driver I believe felt threatened and floored it trying to save themselves.

Just because I believe this you paint me into a box of your personal truths. This is why people today lack common sense and have major issues seeing past personal beliefs.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I provided you links to videos of this event and still shots taken from those videos explaining exactly what my points are. I even drew colored circles around the objects I'm talking about. Along with that I provided a link to the State Law regarding Driving Law dealing with Pedestrians.

How you consider those to be non-specific references is beyond me. The only way I could be more specific is to travel back in time with you to the actual event as it takes place. If video and photo evidence is not good enough for you I don't know what would be.

Perhaps you should show me your evidence now then and I will understand what it is you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I'm not painting anything with a brush or giving you my opinions about this event.

There is Video provided showing exactly what happened. From multiple angles.

I even went as far as taking screen shots and put colored circles around the items I'm talking about with a description so as to remove any confusion.

People always say "pictures or it didn't happen" or "show me the video proof". Well, I have done exactly that. If you can't see it even with it being pointed out to you and explained with video and photos I guess I can't help you then.

I offer you the same as I do to everyone else. Show me what evidence you have to support your claim. That's what I have done. Why don't you do the same then if you think I'm wrong. Anyone can make a claim, let's see you back it up with evidence as I have. Beyond that, there is nothing to discuss. This isn't about our opinions or our take on what happened here. It's on video from two different locations and with photos taken from the scene. All one has to do is examine them.

You might notice a couple other members who changed their opinions as well on the past couple of pages. It wasn't because I bull#ted them into believing my version of things. They eventually just looked at the evidence provided and it was clear to them as it should be to anyone. That's all I can offer you.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Hi Sir,

I appreciate, once again, you're well prepared response. I must admit the only "evidence" I have was contained in the OP.

You indeed provided links to videos (previously posted), and demonstrated that there were alternate paths the vehicle could have taken. You have not demonstrated in any way how the actions of the driver were not an attempt at self preservation. The vehicle had the right to travel on the street, yes another vehicle on this street went a different direction (as cars tend to do).

In the video provided by the OP you can clearly see the attack against the innocent driver, and their frantic attempt to evade the mob.

Of course, this is just my perspective ( I hope others' of course
)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

In the video provided by the OP you can clearly see the attack against the innocent driver, and their frantic attempt to evade the mob.

If you watch the video (the long version posted second in the op) or look at my links and read the descriptions and look at the notations provided while making sure you do so in the order they are happening in you will notice that nobody attacks the car until he goes around the car in front and drives into the crowd of people. I pointed that out quite clearly even though watching the video should be more than enough for you to see it for yourself.

Let me repeat that again. Nobody is aggressive or even near his car.

Then he turns slightly and drives past the car stopped in front of him.

Then he drives straight into the crowd of people in front of him.

Until he starts hitting people with his car nobody is near him or his car at all.

After he hits a few people and they are rolling off his hood and he stops and parks on the girls legs then the entire crowd attacks the car.

So let's be clear one more time. Watch the video if you need to while reading this.

He drives into the crowd first, then they attack the car.

Why did they attack the car??? Because he drove his car into them!! Not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well written post. I am going to pull back out of this conversation as I don't really want to be involved. Citing some of your own concerns. I take back anything I said in this thread, once again, it's not a subject I want to discuss.

My reasons, the events people chose to protest are a terrible example of police injustice, as the people involved were not innocent in the least. Whereas, there are plenty of goings on in the US, every day, where people really should step up and protest law enforcement, and their systemic violence against people who don't deserve it.

I don't think its the case here.

The after effects of "protestors" who were simply looters, who through their actions showed the incredible hypocrisy of the cause they claim to fight for. Perhaps thats why I took a negative angle on the people involved. But as I said, I don't want to be involved, nor know the details. So I shouldn't have said anything. I read one article on a different but related event, and transferred my thoughts to this event, which may be related, but is totally separate. So I really need to bow out of this one.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yeah, me to so I'm outta here.
But oh, thanks for the complement.
Yours

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So the "legal term" right of way is a state law. California has more laws that protect pedestrians, here in Oklahoma if you are not in a cross walk, with a walking green light, and you get hit by a car it is your own fault. I can't speak to the laws in Minnesota, but I doubt they have the same beach laws that California has because California is ridiculous.

I have no problem with protesters, who protest legally, but interrupting traffic is not a legal protest. Once you decide your protest should effect my day, then I'm fine with whatever happens to you. Apparently you don't have any consideration for me, so why should I care about you.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship

So the "legal term" right of way is a state law. California has more laws that protect pedestrians, here in Oklahoma if you are not in a cross walk, with a walking green light, and you get hit by a car it is your own fault. I can't speak to the laws in Minnesota, but I doubt they have the same beach laws that California has because California is ridiculous.

Next time you should look it up first so you'll know if you're right or wrong. FYI, You're Wrong.
2014 Minnesota Statutes

I also suggest that you get out more because if you think California is just Beaches, Surfers and Valley Girls, you're very ignorant of the world outside.

I have no problem with protesters, who protest legally, but interrupting traffic is not a legal protest. Once you decide your protest should effect my day, then I'm fine with whatever happens to you. Apparently you don't have any consideration for me, so why should I care about you.

So being inconsiderate is now punishable by driving over them with a vehicle??? The fact that you would hold such an idea as being logical may be why you aren't worth consideration in the first place. BTW, these protestors were protesting legally. There was police there at the scene so if they were doing something illegal they would have been arrested, they weren't.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That is not an intersection or a cross walk, so read the laws you post.

Subd. 3.Crossing between intersections. (a) Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or at an intersection with no marked crosswalk shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.

I love how liberal knuckleheads like to say the police are following the law when it is convenient for your beliefs. I checked their laws before I posted, and baited you into posting something that absolutely contradicts your line of thought.

Please, try harder, but next time flip the hair out of your eyes Cali-gender neutral person.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Stuship because: ,

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

That is not an intersection or a cross walk, so read the laws you post.

Notice the Red Arrows now pointing to the clear white double lines indicating crossing. Notice the Traffic Signal Pole and Light.

Those are called intersections with Crosswalks.

Notice the Crowd is using the Crosswalk.

Open you're f*cking eyes!!!

I love how liberal knuckleheads like to say the police are following the law when it is convenient for your beliefs. I checked their laws before I posted, and baited you into posting something that absolutely contradicts your line of thought.

Not as much as I like trolls who double down on their ignorance!!

Please, try harder, but next time flip the hair out of your eyes Cali-gender neutral person.

Please try and get out more because you see the world as if you're a small sheltered child who thinks stereotypes are accurate.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So again they were illegally crossing the road. You don't get to stand in the road when the light is green, you kind of have to follow the signals, but protesters don't really care about anyone.

That is the problem with protesters. Protesters are some of the dumbest people in our society.

Cars rarely drive on the sidewalk.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Beyond just common driving sense this is the only thing that matters is this right here.

When any vehicle is stopped at a marked crosswalk or at an intersection with no marked crosswalk to permit a pedestrian to cross the roadway, the driver of any other vehicle approaching from the rear shall not overtake and pass the stopped vehicle.

He was stopped behind another vehicle that was also stopped and waiting for people to cross. By the law he must not pass that vehicle in front of him. Period. He broke the law plain and simple.

There is no excusing what this guy did. You disagree with the protestors, that is obvious. So what. You don't get to drive over them with your car just because you're an A-hole. You have no ground to stand on in this argument. Ethically and Legally you are wrong. Deal with it.

(On a side note I find it very telling that even being clearly in the wrong about this issue you are still getting stars for what you post. It shows what personal bias does to someone's decision making and how much more people reward what's wrong just because of how they personally feel about it regardless of fact, truth or reason.)
edit on 10-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You see people actively crossing the street at the crosswalk? In the video I watched, they were all standing still.

Oh, and the driver went into another lane, not an illegal pass as far as I can tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join