It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of car running over protestors in Minneapolis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Thank you Skadi!!! I could kiss you for that!!

I agree that this guy should be charged for this. If this didn't happen in Ferguson right now there is no way in hell that such an action would be allowed without charges being filed. It's insane and I can't help but think about this 16 y/o girl who was doing nothing wrong other than maybe Jay Walking at best. She was exercising her Constitutional Right to Protest. The crowd was peaceful up to the point where this guy lost it and the cops just look the other way.

To me this is the kind of activity that the Lawful protestors are protesting about. It's clearly justifying their claims of being abused by the system which is supposed to be there to protect them.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The driver's name is Jeffery Patrick Rice, here is a quote from the MPD

"The victim‘s vehicle was damaged by a large group of people. While he was attempting to flee from the mob, he struck a pedestrian.”

You see, there was a lot more going on than what you see in the videos.

I feel very bad that the young girl was injured, she shouldn't have been there in the first place at 16 years of age.

If a moving car is coming at you, blaring it's horn,while you are illegally in the street and you don't move, that's on you.

IF YOU PLAY WITH FIRE YOU GET BURNED !!!

Ok, so show me where he was actually trying to flee the mob then? In both videos, I see plenty of opportunity for him to flee, but he didn't. He instead went straight for the crowd.

What, was his reverse gear broken or something?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

"The victim‘s vehicle was damaged by a large group of people. While he was attempting to flee from the mob, he struck a pedestrian.”

The Victim?? Are you high??? The victim is the guy in the car rather than the teenage girl he runs over???

No, there really isn't.

I feel very bad that the young girl was injured, she shouldn't have been there in the first place at 16 years of age.

Why?? Because she's not old enough to care about her future of being in a system of oppression and abuse. I think she has every Right to be there if she chooses to be. So does the Law.

If a moving car is coming at you, blaring it's horn,while you are illegally in the street and you don't move, that's on you.

But the car wasn't moving was it??? You'd know this if you would JUST LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE!!!! He's stopped behind another stopped car. Then he illegally passes that vehicle and drives into the crowd. Meanwhile other drives just to the left of him are easily maneuvering past the crowd without any trouble.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Thank you Skadi!!! I could kiss you for that!!

I agree that this guy should be charged for this. If this didn't happen in Ferguson right now there is no way in hell that such an action would be allowed without charges being filed. It's insane and I can't help but think about this 16 y/o girl who was doing nothing wrong other than maybe Jay Walking at best. She was exercising her Constitutional Right to Protest. The crowd was peaceful up to the point where this guy lost it and the cops just look the other way.

To me this is the kind of activity that the Lawful protestors are protesting about. It's clearly justifying their claims of being abused by the system which is supposed to be there to protect them.

What further shoots down the whole "he was being attacked and afraid for his life" defense is that until he actually drove into the crowd, there was no one anywhere near his car. The protesters were all on the sides of the streets, and then all at the intersection.

And furthermore, the two cars in front of him were closer, some right next to the protesters, but they weren't being attacked. In fact, both cars drove around the crowd and then left the area with no incident.

So yeah, the dude should be, at the very least, be charged with vehicular assault. I hope the girl is ok and no long term harm has been done.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Upon further review I am wrong on this one, I was misled to believe that his car had been hit with rocks or bottles right before this happened, also this idiot had 3 DUIs.

Apologies, Happy Thanksgiving.

(p.s. still a good idea to stay out of the street)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I'm glad to see you're seeing the light on this one.

I know I was taking some pretty hard shots at you earlier but I think it shows a lot of character to step up like you just did. I don't mean anything personal by what I said. It was just very frustrating to have to go to such lengths about something where there was such clear video evidence for right there in the OP.

Thank you again Skadi. You have a lot of respect from other members here and I'm glad you have the diplomacy to get people to listen to reason.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Editing because I just saw your last response.

Happy thanksgiving to you, too.

edit on 27/11/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

At some point, I think the issues are going to become so hard to ignore that most won't be able to sit idly by and point fingers. The First Amendment has been under attack for a long time and there's a reason.

Every government fears a mob.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Suppose you would have just sqaushed this protester?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The driver's name is Jeffery Patrick Rice, here is a quote from the MPD

Agreed, and if you look at the protestors complaining about being cordoned off and streets blocked off, it is done to protect them but no they turn it around and claim it is part of the police state oppression, twisted self serving logic.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

This driver stopped multiple times to give people the chance to get out of his way. His window is clearly smashed by the protesters. The fact that they swarmed his car but then complain of being hit by him... It's just more victim mentality in America. Attack a person then complain when they defend themselves. Raise an out of control son then complain when he's shot by a cop.

All these protesters should move to the ghetto if they don't already live there, they can enact real change there. Most of these people just need to get a job and shut the f*** up. Hard working African Americans are doin just fine and besides for the occasional second look from a cop, their life is good.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

This driver stopped multiple times to give people the chance to get out of his way. His window is clearly smashed by the protesters. The fact that they swarmed his car but then complain of being hit by him... It's just more victim mentality in America. Attack a person then complain when they defend themselves. Raise an out of control son then complain when he's shot by a cop.

You obviously haven't looked at the past couple pages worth of evidence, that's right actual real evidence and not just some stupid "opinion", which completely destroys your "opinion" right now. So why don't you first go check that out so you'll be up to speed and then get back to me.

Also, why are you bringing up Micheal Brown for this. This idiot driving through the crowd and that don't effect each other so there is no point in bringing it up in the first place other than to confuse what's being discussed.

All these protesters should move to the ghetto if they don't already live there, they can enact real change there. Most of these people just need to get a job and shut the f*** up. Hard working African Americans are doin just fine and besides for the occasional second look from a cop, their life is good.

Well and here you show that you don't even know what your talking about right now because the driver and the girl who got ran over are both white. So like i said earlier, why don't you first learn WTF it is that we are talking about before you come and make a damn fool out of yourself by spouting your opinions about an event that you don't even know the correct details.

Everything you've just said makes no sense nor have any relevance as it's already been addressed or is simply not true to start with.

Good try but you should troll somewhere else because you suck at it.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The driver was not white

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Suddenly the countrywide Ferguson protests, which today had progressed peacefully at least until now, took a turn for the ugly, when as the Star Tribune reported moments ago, A vehicle plowed through a group of demonstrators in Minneapolis several hours ago during a march and rally in the wake of last night's grand jury decision.

Found a longer video

Closer video and article

I would want to see more of the video before condemning the driver. Could have just flipped out and it also wouldn't surprise me if honking spurred the protestors to start messing with the car. I would would certainly floor it if I was surrounded by a mob that was angry with me.

Kinda looking more and more like a dick move.

Two comments...
First...what does that mean "took a turn for the ugly"???? It was already ugly!
Second...SEND, MORE, CARS!

These animals deserve whatever karma decides to throw at them. They are animals, thieves and hoods. I have absolutely no use for these kinds of people in this country...or world.

edit on 11/28/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Repost for all the ignorant folk that keep posting their worthless opinions instead of any credible data on the situation. You people should really start looking at the evidence before you post. Not doing so makes you look stupid.

Here we have the start of the video showing the car circled in Green in a stopped position with NOBODY else anywhere near the car. Also notice in yellow how other cars seem to be able to easily go around the crowd without any trouble at all.

Here we have the car just a few seconds later as it decides to go around the stopped car in front of him and proceed into the crowd of people. Notice again how there is still NOBODY moving toward the car or showing any aggression at all to this man as he's about to plow into a crowd of people for NO REASON.

Now let's look at what you consider a dangerous violent mob that threatens everything you hold sacred. This is a picture of your hero as he parks on the legs of a 16 y/o girl who he just ran over. Take special notice to the "Tiny Terrorist" just below the green sign in the background. Yes, that is child. Also look at all the other members of the mob as well like the well dressed men and women. Yes sir, a crowd of innocent Women and Children. We now have the face of our enemy!!!

Last let's look at the most dangerous one of all. Yes, that dangerous 16 y/o girl who you so valiantly promise to drive over with your car!!!
Oh yes, now there is truly the face of evil in the world. How we must fight against these dangerous little girls as only the most brave of men can do!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I believe if he is fearing for his life he can drive however he wants to get out of there, and its been tested in court. I Just wanted to show my displeasure with the protestors.

If they were scheduled and road was closed, Id also change my stance on that though. As it stands, I just wanted to post something that expressed my opinion on the protestor (I don't like the situation at all down there, especially regarding the shop keeper) could have been your post or anyones, not really directed at you.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho
Well thanks for the getback Boncho. Like you I have little taste for the goings on in Ferguson.
My attention to that specific incident lasted less than two days as it became obvious to me that the incident itself would not be enough to galvanize enough people on either side of the "Great Divide" (my term for the orchestrated schism in the American people) To me it was going to become bogged down like so many other "events" and be carried forward by only one side of this false equation while the other side "poo poos" it and derides those who have become incensed.

That coin flip. Those on one side who are sure they are right and those on the other side of the issue who are just as sure of their own conclusions. Our inability as a people to see this cosmetically conceived and artificially controlled partisanship is to my way of seeing things the number one reason we have not as a people yet managed to mount a serious campaign against those who are in charge.

I lost interest in Ferguson quickly because I saw that this was not only an issue that would not bring both sides together but would instead continue to polarize each side to the other.(Keep smiling you PTB) What we need are issues, or an ISSUE that will carry both sides over the crest in a unifying endeavor against those powers.

And what I see now in Ferguson and Minnesota and in other satallite protests around the country over that incident are one side of the GD acting out in frustration while the other side sits on the sideline and takes potshots at them. Had these protests been about open carry, and had they played out in the same manner of civil disobedience(and I have little doubt that that is how it would have happened) the only thing that would be different is the other side would be in the streets and the the other on the sidelines tossing cookies at them. I am so sick and tired of this.

Hang in there, I have two more points. One is that this idea of non-violent protest has seen it's day. That is if it ever had it's day. It may have worked in certain semi-controlled cases. In some cases when people were marching with King, it was easier to keep them non-violent. Same with Gandhi and Chavez. But baring the presence of a non-violent guru it is very very difficult to carry on in this manner when confronted with violent repression. Add to this the fact that the more an issue is promoted by the MSM and hence gains popularity as in the Ferguson example, the more it will attract those who have little involvement with the issue itself or our struggle for a better country. These people seek out protests such as this and become involved for the sport of destruction alone. Hence, my belief that non-violent protest on a mass scale is impossible, well close to it any way.

Finally Bonch, my take on the Minnesota event? Pushing all of those political and emotional considerations aside, the only way left for me to consider it was in a strict, driver and pedestrian manner. While all the posts I could find that would prefer to exonerate the driver seemed to me to be based on the wrongness of the protesters my evaluation was based entirely on rules (law) of the road. As I hold my own record of over 50 years of safe driving in personal regard I have little sympathy for any driver who cannot, in cases such as this, avoid the situation enough that pedestrians are not brought into danger by the operation of a major piece of weaponry such as a car can be. And those protesters were in any case,,,,pedestrians.

Thanks for listening Boncho.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Domo1

And so are some protestors.

Love Subarus.

Right...

That man is in jail being charged with attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment, and will go to the pen.
Also how many civil law suits will he be charged with. His life will never be the same and his family will suffer and be branded
as well.

And you are cheering his actions...........?

What are you talking about? Driver is not facing any charges..... yet. adn honestly should face very minimal charges if at all.

usa.streetsblog.org...

www.startribune.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Get the hell out of the road! These protesters don't have the right to be in the way. What led to Mike Brown's death? Being in the road, so get the hell out of the road!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I watched the video.......If you are stupid enough to stand in front of a car in a situation like this.......I think what other posters have said if this driver did not floor it they would have been dragged out of the car.

Bottom line you reap what you sow. I know it is harsh but it the honest truth. I also bet the girl will think twice next time before getting in front of a car during a protest. It is a harsh life lesson.
edit on 28-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join