It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firms Have $3,000 Incentive For Hiring Illegals Under Obama Amnesty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What...Wait...according to this, Obama just made hiring illegal immigrants over current American citizens more attractive to and cost effective for, American businesses.

Did Obama just take away 5 million jobs from American citizens?

Under the president’s new amnesty, businesses will have a $3,000-per-employee incentive to hire illegal immigrants over native-born workers because of a quirk of Obamacare.

President Obama’s temporary amnesty, which lasts three years, declares up to 5 million illegal immigrants to be lawfully in the country and eligible for work permits, but it still deems them ineligible for public benefits such as buying insurance on Obamacare’s health exchanges.

But under the Affordable Care Act, that means businesses who hire them won’t have to pay a penalty for not providing them health coverage — making them $3,000 more attractive than a similar native-born worker, whom the business by law would have to cover.

The loophole was confirmed by congressional aides, and drew condemnation from those who said it put illegal immigrants ahead of Americans in the job market.

“If it is true that the president’s actions give employers a $3,000 incentive to hire those who came here illegally, he has added insult to injury,” said Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican. “The president’s actions would have just moved those who came here illegally to the front of the line, ahead of unemployed and under-employed Americans.”

A Department of Homeland Security official confirmed that the newly legalized immigrants won’t have access to Obamacare, which opens up the loophole for employers looking to avoid the penalty.

The Health and Human Services Department, which oversees Obamacare, referred questions to the White House, which didn’t reply to a request for comment.

But Mr. Obama, traveling in Chicago on Tuesday to defend his immigration plans, said his moves would boost the economy and vowed they wouldn’t hurt American workers’ wages.

“Immigrants are good for the economy. We keep on hearing that they’re bad, but a report by my Council of Economic Advisers, put out last week, shows how the actions we’re taking will grow our economy for everybody,” he said.

This isn’t the first time the Obamacare loophole has popped up on immigration. The overhaul bill that passed the Senate on a bipartisan vote last year created the same situation, granting illegal immigrants a long probationary period where they could legally work but weren’t eligible for public benefits such as Obamacare.

At the time, Arizona Sen. John McCain, one of the bill’s GOP authors, acknowledged the problem and vowed to change it before it became law. Despite passing the Senate, the bill has stalled, with Democratic leaders refusing to send it to the House for further action.

Brian Rogers, a spokesman for Mr. McCain, said Tuesday the solution to the loophole is to get rid of Obamacare’s employer mandate, “which would eliminate the incentive to hire people who are ineligible for Obamacare subsidies.” Mr. Rogers said the Republican majority that takes control of Congress next year should vote on that proposal.

Under Obamacare, businesses with 50 or more employees are supposed to provide insurance coverage to their full-time workers. If they refuse, they are assessed a penalty for every employee who receives subsidies to sign up for coverage on the health exchanges. But because the newly legalized illegal immigrants covered by Mr. Obama’s order can’t sign up for the exchanges or receive subsidies, employers aren’t penalized for hiring them.

Some employers have already taken notice, including one man who called into political strategist Dick Morris’s radio show in Philadelphia over the weekend and said he’s talked with his lawyers and plans to use the loophole as a way to reduce his Obamacare costs.

MORE:
www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 25-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 25-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: Quote added

edit on 25-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me....
Welcome back to the American System guys..

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Capitalism baby!

Why are Conservatives not loving this? More profits for companies hiring cheap labor!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey I say boycott those firms because they're practicing discrimination. Incentive my rear end, it's discrimination against native workers.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

This is absolutely discrimination.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And it's against native workers, no matter who they are. The people in this country are divided over Ferguson and all that stuff while they should be uniting and telling the world that Americans of all colors, of all creeds will not lose more opportunities for a corrupt government giving them to foreign born workers.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

This is absolutely discrimination.

This is absolutely insane! When your own Country cares more for foreign law breakers than its own people, there is something terribly wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How many currently employed American citizens will be fired, in order to be replaced by 'Amnestied' illegal immigrants?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
OOOOOuuuuuu

what a luscious loophole indeed !!

Sneaky Sneaky

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah - because "real" Americans are just queuing up to take the sort of jobs that illegals will take.....

not!!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can't imagine Obama saw this coming. This is going to bite him!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
We need to clean out Washington from top to bottom, and start all over again

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Thats not what this is about. "Real" (as you put it) American citizens will be fired from the jobs they currently have...or will be passed over in new hiring...for freshly-amnestied illegal immigrants.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Capitalism baby!

Why are Conservatives not loving this? More profits for companies hiring cheap labor!

The market has dictated that these new legal citizens labor is worth more, to the employer, than someone born a few hundred miles north.

Why wouldn't conservatives like this?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Capitalism baby!

Because most conservatives don't own businesses...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I can't imagine Obama saw this coming. This is going to bite him!

Obama is on his way out...What does he care??? And of course he saw this coming...He's part of it...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Capitalism baby!

The market has dictated that these new legal citizens labor is worth more, to the employer, than someone born a few hundred miles north.

Why wouldn't conservatives like this?

NO...OBAMA dictated that amnestied-illegals were worth more than natural-born citizens.
I suppose that makes him a Dictator.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Yeah - because "real" Americans are just queuing up to take the sort of jobs that illegals will take.....

not!!

Illegals are in many areas of the work force doing jobs that citizens will do. They are in roofing and construction and factories and other places. You should know this by now.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

How many currently employed American citizens will be fired, in order to be replaced by 'Amnestied' illegal immigrants?

Lots.
Canada implemented a foreign worker program that gave some sort of incentive to the employer, and businesses took advantage of it by screwing over both Canadians who got fired to be replaced, and the foreign workers, who in some cases got treated like slaves.

Now the government has to fix their mess.

What the US just did will only screw over the Americans losing their jobs to be replaced.
For sure, businesses will be taking advantage of the $ savings

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

not!!

What jobs are these that "real" Americans won't take?
My father picked fruit for cost by the barrel when he was in college.
My mother as a nurse, changed bed pans etc.
At no cost with a full time job I have helped care take my 90 year old grandmother who has Alzheimers (and lives with my parents).
At one time I knew a household of (peer in age/ late 20s) caretakers. Their job was to deal with non relation elderly folk with an amazing array of ailments.
I have many friends in construction. I know folks who are the sole proprietor of landscaping companies.

So please, tell me what job will Americans not take?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join