It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyones most hated bands/artists and songs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anything by anyone refered to as a diva. Arrogence really puts me off.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

In that case, Usher should be added to the list.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good one ludacris...:w::w::w::w::w:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

In that case, Usher should be added to the list.

Can't say that I have actually heard his music. I don't listen to the radio or watch VH1/MTV. The only mainstream music I am exposed to is in films and commercials. Most everything I am into I picked up in clubs.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Can't say that I have actually heard his music. I don't listen to the radio or watch VH1/MTV.

Haven't you heard. No actaul music on MTV since the 80s.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Rush

I dont hate much...but when I do its with a passion!

Ah, the classics.

Yup, RUSH must die. That's it man.

And the most annoying song ever is "Tom Sawyer" of course.

And now it's in all your heads...FOREVER!!! (like mine)! Muahahaha!

A modern-day warrior
Mean mean stride,
Today’s tom sawyer
Mean mean pride.

Do do do do doom. (Ba da be doe doe.) Do do do do Dum. (Ba da be doe do dum.) Do do do do DOOM. (Ba da da, daaaa dum.) DE DO DO, DE DO DUMB!!!

Though his mind is not for rent,
Don’t put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the day’s events.
The river

Der ner der de der de ner de de der de ner de de der de ner... DOOM DOOM!!!

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift.

DUMB DUMB DUMB!!! (a tatta tap tap)

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

Kick! A kick. Ka ka kick. Kick! A kick. Ka ka kick.

Today’s tom sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the space he invades
He gets by on you.

Whoopa whoopa whoopa, whoopa whoopa whoopa whip. Whoopa whoopa whoopa, whoopa whoopa whoopa whip. Ber ner ner. Ba doodle da doop doop be doop. Ber ner neeeeer. Ba doodle da doop doop be doop. Wubba wubba wubba... Bing schwing perkkkkft, pffft, plabbbbt, wah wah wah wah wah wah wah DOOM DOOM DOOM...

MAKE IT STOP!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
While I'm not a huge Rush fan, they have my respect as musicians, Alex Lifeson and Neal Peart are masters, Though Geddy Lee's voice is a bit on the annoying side...

That being said, RANT, that was hilarious!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
[email protected] think they should take that song off the air and just replace it with Gilbert Gottfried reading your rendition, word for word.....

Myself - I really don't have many bands I thoroughly despise, as I'm very ecclectic.....

But I do know CRAP when I hear it...

Any cliche boy band group that ever existed - including New Kids on the Block...lol
Linkin Park
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Creed
ABBA
So on and so forth.....

Bands that I LOVE and could never actually believe people think suck, but yet there are some out there who do?? Glad you asked!!

Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
Nirvana
The Doors
Smashing Pumpkins
Queen
Blue Oyster Cult
Simon & Garfunkel
etc....etc....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

But I do know CRAP when I hear it...

Linkin Park
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Creed...

I must ask, are these four in particular hated because of the mainstream stuff you've heard on the radio, or have you actually sat down and listened to all their work before labeling it as crap?

Fred can be annoying no doubt, but LB (especially in the old days) put out some really good stuff.

As far as the other three, dude, I totally disagree. While LP can be a little "cliche" in that they are fusing Metal and Hip-Hop, they really are fantastc musicians, and their lyrics really aren't bad either if you pay attention. Creed's radio songs can be discounted as far as I am concerned, but they have at least 3 or 4 songs per album taht are outstanding, IMHO. Mark Tremonti (though arrogant) is a really good guitarist.

And Korn? Jeez dude Korn pretty much blazed the trail for every heavy band that's around now, as far as newer groups go anyways. Have you ever heard their debut album? Brutal! I love it! I just listened to it today as a matter of fact.

What is it about these four bands you dislike? I mean if it's a genre thing, OK, whatever floats your boat. But it seems to me you might have a pretty broad musical spectrum to be drawing from, so I'm interested to know exactly what turns you off about them.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I knew those bands would be a bit controversial...hehe

Okay - Allow myself to elaborate a bit....Let me start off by admitting that I use to listen to all of the above mentioned bands religiously....

Linkin Park does have its own unique sound...and if I hear it on the radio, I'll admit that I might hum along instead of flipping the channel....but every song they make sounds the same to me...I've listened to all their albums (as with all of the bands I've mentioned)...and I feel as though they're ripping people off by pumping out the same garbage album after album....Their lyrics may be intriguing and meaningful, but their musical talent has been thrown to the wayside....

Korn truly has some lyrics that I can relate to....and they poor a ton of emotion into every song they make....but once again, they may have made the mold for bands to follow, but they never break it themselves....Not to mention that I lost any and all respect for Korn when they attempted to remake Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall.....What were they thinking?! That song is a classic...and all they did was change one or two things out of a million possibilities....totally lame in my opinion - I don't want to hear Korn sing Pink Floyd - I want to hear Pink Floyd sing Pink Floyd....

Limp Bizkit....I dunno man - lol.....It just gets under my skin and irritates me.....They imitate everything that came before them and capitalize on the common-place idiocy of much of American teens youth.....

And Creed.....That's a personal thing man....I live in Tallahassee - This is where Creed started....If it wasn't for Floyd's Music Store, Creed would be awash and wallowing in the crummiest joints of Tallahassee.....I went to Creed shows before Creed WAS Creed....But where do they claim they got their start at? Orlando.....Creed's drummer went to my high school - Several band members call Tallahassee their home, but they don't play here for the people who gave them their fame and fortune....

John Kurzweg gave Creed their start here in Tallahassee...He also gave Social Burn their start, and they have shown quite a bit more respect.....Not to mention the fact that they used the Tallahassee Boy's Choir in the last song on their most recent album without giving them any credit at all....So, in a nutshell, that's why I dislike Creed.....

But, like I said....I used to be a fan of all of the above, so it's not like I have anything against people who enjoy their music.....Just personal taste and opinion....

[edit on 3/2/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ashlee simpson...what has this world come too??
jessica s., avril lavinge, maroon 5, hilary duff, nickelback, slipknot, mudvayne, any boy bands, jojo, the donnas, but most of all, ashlee simpson. i hope they all die.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
mmm-bop by hanson

anything by Marilyn Manson, Puddle of Mud, Eminem,

anything post 1998....

I hate it all... there's no good Rap music anymore... hip hop is just stupid...

I'll keep listening to my 70's - 80's when music actually meant something.

..true, true!

..okay with some exceptions !

regards
dc

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think were all forgetting Jo-Jo or Christina aguilameniueraadjfhauuaera.(sorry i cant spell her surname)

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I think were all forgetting Jo-Jo or Christina aguilameniueraadjfhauuaera.(sorry i cant spell her surname)

Yeah but she can actually sing......somewhat.....better....then.....the.....average....pop....star PHEW that wasn't so hard.

Band I hate the most hmm I don't really listen to that much music as its all mostly crappola compared to Classical. Most music nowadays is meant to dumb people down just as much as television is. Listen to Classical, it is good for the brain
Not joking btw.

I guess you want a list..hmmm.
Jay-Z
Kayne West
50 cent
Insane
Posse - How can they continue to release CD's with their dozens of fans I have no idea..

Blah thats all. Oh yeah ignore the people dissing Nirvana, they were the most original band to come in a long time(RIP Curt ... ). They defined a genre for gods sake.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
1.Hole
2.Eminem
3. Prince
4. Barbara streisand

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Let's see I feel that this smiley would be appropriate to what I would like to do to several musicians and bands;

These include;

1. Usher
  2. 50 cent
  3. Any band naming themselves after a gang
  4. John Denver (lol, that was just a Simpsons reference of sorts)
  5. Anything "Emo"
  6. Eminem (to some extent, he music does have some humor, but it's starting to get old)
  7. Backstreet Boys
  8. N'Sync (how the hell did they become so popular?)
  9. Most of the things on MTV
  10. Just about any rap or hip hop made in the last 3 years

The only reason I don't say boybands is because technically most rock bands are actually boybands, literally, not by pop culture.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Basicly anything modern, they are all untalented.

Some off of the top of my head.

Green Day
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Iron Maiden
Jessica/Ashley Simpson
Simple Plan
Good Charlotte (Modern punk is crap, real punk is dead)
Jewel
Clay Aiken
50 Cent

And anything that is played on MTV, if MTV plays any newer band its crap.

WTF's Iron Maiden doing there. You shouldn't even be listening to that anyway. I command you to go back to listening to Simon and Garfunkle.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't really have a most hated band. BUT MY LEAST FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME..... augh....... SEVEN NATION ARMY..... . no taste, flavor or feeling. Id rather listen to Nails on a chalkboard

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Any artist who go tthier start on American Idol.

(Unless she's hot, then I can watch the video with the TV on mute)

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Mainstream "hip-hop", the main offenders being:

50 Cent
Usher
...and every other f***ing clone of these two. The hip-hop obsession must end, or failing that the underground acts should get some airplay. Mainstream rap and r 'n' b is all too generic - talk to a beat about how poor you used to be and how you used to be a pimping crack dealer to make a little money to make yo momma happy (you couldn't just get a job?) - and all of a sudden you're a millionaire on MTV cribs showing the world your private cinema and the pimped up SUVs you never drive. Pathetic.

And of course, if you don't like it, you're a racist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join