It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have someones lost wallet...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
so the story goes, my sister calls me up asking if she can come over, I say ok. So my sisters arrive, and they show me that this wallet. My sisters friend found it somewhere and he took the cash that was inside, and they asked me if i want to go out and spend the credit card money with them. I say NO WAY!and I talk them into not spending it. So now they're gone, and I kept the wallet because idk if I trustmy sisters...so I have this guys wallet, but his cash is gone. If I return it to him, he's gonna think I stole his cash! what do I do?? I want to return it (oddly enough, I left my wallet out in public the other day and I got it back safely) so I want to do the same for this guy.

How do I go about this??

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

I think sometimes people would rather want the wallet then the cash, so I would say contact the man and say you found the wallet and ask if he had cash in it, you ask him before he ask's you

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Can you not just hand it in to the police saying you found it roughly where your sisters friend found it

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I say you just put in the mailbox on the DL

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You could post it to him.

Or hand it in at the lost property of a Mall / big shopping centre.

All you have to say is that you found it like that. You would not be lying either.

Replacing all those cards is a nightmare.

P

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13
so the story goes, my sister calls me up asking if she can come over, I say ok. So my sisters arrive, and they show me that this wallet. My sisters friend found it somewhere and he took the cash that was inside, and they asked me if i want to go out and spend the credit card money with them. I say NO WAY!and I talk them into not spending it. So now they're gone, and I kept the wallet because idk if I trustmy sisters...so I have this guys wallet, but his cash is gone. If I return it to him, he's gonna think I stole his cash! what do I do?? I want to return it (oddly enough, I left my wallet out in public the other day and I got it back safely) so I want to do the same for this guy.

How do I go about this??

How much cash was it? If it wasn't much, just tell him the truth and he probably won't be too upset. If it's a ton, then just tell him you found it like that wherever your sisters said they did. If you tell him the truth about a huge sum of cash, he may pressure you to get in contact with your sisters which wouldn't be good.

Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of a nice little romantic/awkward comedy. You just recently losing your wallet may have something to do with fate encouraging you to return this one to the owner. Also, the round-about way you obtained it also seems rather fateful. You were meant to meet this person.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If there is an ID with an address on it , just mail it to him. I have received a wallet that i had lost like that.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I found a wallet at Wal-Mart once. It just had a licence and a couple other nick-knacks in it. I called the lady and she said if "you want to return it I don't have any money to give you for it" kind of snotty like. I said I didn't care and drove it over to her place. When I got there what I presume was the man of the house answered the door, took the wallet and said "That's mighty white of you". I could see the lady who lost it watching TV 20 feet way in the living room and she didn't even acknowledge I was there. I turned around and didn't even bother saying goodbye.

Makes you really think twice about wasting your time.
edit on 25-11-2014 by CraftBuilder because: owls can't move their eyeballs.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

since im honest all the time i will be honest now.
id throw it away.

dont need to deal with a potential asshole for trying to do something decent.

my moral compass is fine with that

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If there is a library card, drop it off at a branch of the library.

That's the easiest. I've gotten sets of keys back and a wallet because of my library cards.

Or send it to the DMV or whoever handles the license thing...they'll take care ot it.
edit on 25-11-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Any US. Mailbox...

Just drop it in.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Most people report stolen cards right away so the cards in there are to be cancelled soon if not already.

I'd drop the DL in the post box and put the rest in the dumpster.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Call the police on your sister.

No excuse for thievery, whether they are your kin or not.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As has been mentioned two or three times now on this thread, take the time and have the compassion to drop it in a mailbox and be done with it.

Just think about this, what if they are between pay days (which would be about right) and their kids need something basic like food or diapers?

I for one would not want to be responsible for any undue suffering just because I can't be bothered to go to the nearest mail box and drop it in.
Why the delay?, get off your ass right now and do it.
It's not like running a marathon and secondly I myself am stunned anyone would even start a thread on this topic.
No offense intended but just get that wallet in the mail now and sleep well tonight.
ETA Your sister would be most unwelcome in our home, that is how the world should turn.
Lets keep the world civil where we can eh?
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 25-11-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I just hope he was not some poor guy and that was all his food for the month.

When my daughters purse was stolen she had to redo all her cards lic and her pictures were all gone, she would have loved to get the purse back money or not.

I can't even begin to imagine keeping the money, I have returned dozens in my life one I had to pick up the money flying all over the highway and the wallet, I left mine is a convenience store on the counter when i paid, ran back inside and the girl said "what wallet" there was no one there but her and me. Someday it will all play out and you pay for what you do, I truly believe this.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You drop the wallet in a United States mailbox; it will get back to that person.

I am going to tell you a true story of when a friend of mine found a wallet. This was several years ago...she was going for a walk in her neighborhood and she found a wallet on the sidewalk. She looked inside and it had almost $500.00 dollars in it.

She brought the wallet home; looked at all the identification and found the owners phone number and called her; she was very anxious and grateful; and within a half hour she arrived at my friends home and claimed the wallet. She thanked her a lot and told her that she had just started a business with a friend and this money was very much needed.

About 10 days later my friend received a letter in the mail from the woman's parents thanking her with $100.00 cash inside.

Sooo... anyway your sisters were wrong in spending the money...and you were so right in not using that person's credit cards etc. I am glad you talked your sisters out of keeping the wallet.

edit on 2014-11-25T18:54:42-06:00pmTuesdaypm25201411America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: edit

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Mailbox...post office. They get them to return everyday year round!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Do a good deed + be a troll at the same time. Give the wallet back, plus give him your sister's friend's name and address, and tell him that he took the money out lol.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I dont know where you stand on money, but if you have the cash, put it in yourself and return it. Or

Just give it to him and tell him you found it like that, or that you saw someone throw it away.

Or just drop it in his mail box as is.

I would put the cash in yourself if it wasnt allot and you can spare it.

You could just take something from your sister, sell it, and use that cash to replace what she took.

I would also tell her what you did and your parents. She needs to know how much what she did sucks.

edit on 11 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Drop it in his letter box.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join