It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin in the frame for £1bn NHS contract

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I take it you are wealthy enough to pay for not only yourself but also anyone that you care about and are prepared to be shafted by big business when you or someone becomes ill then?

A quick look at those nations that employ this method will show you it does not work any better.
a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I take it you are wealthy enough to pay for not only yourself but also anyone that you care about and are prepared to be shafted by big business when you or someone becomes ill then?

A quick look at those nations that employ this method will show you it does not work any better.

Actually singapore and hong kong are number 1 &2 in the world for healthcare. Though there system is intresting as the NI you pay is not given to the goverment but locked in your private bank acount for use in your healthcare and quite frankly Id rather my NI gets locked for my healthcare than go to a corrupt goverment, as for the poor who dont earn enough to have a private health saveings ? Hospitals by law have to treat them for free.
The system works very well for them.

I dont know were this BS about being wealthly comes from i have already said I done care as long as its free at pointnof use so please learn how to read.

As long as quality health care is avalible for all I dont care what form it comes in.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I will agree that corruption in a national health service is wrong I am a little confused as to your reasoning.

I am trying to learn how to read but I can only conclude that you say that private healthcare is the way forward unless you can not afford it and then it should be free.

Could you please explain your opinion better for me so I can understand your opinion on this.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well all i care about is a system that works.

But I do lean toward a private system were those who are poor get subsidised or free healthcare.

The £5k or whatever I spend on NI id rather keep than give to the goverment and spend on good quality health insurance and put into a private pension.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That is a fair point but would it cover everybody you are close to?

I do not dispute that you could provide medical health care for your self but what would the bill be for your parents, children, brothers or sisters and there children.

Could you cover them all if they fell on hard times and what would you do if they could not pay health insurance and one of them fell ill? A genuine question in this.

Would you wipe out your life savings to save a family member? Would you get into debt to save a sister/brother?

As I said a genuine question and one I feel needs to be asked when we discuss ending the NHS.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I think we are going round in circles

I have already said if one falls on hard times then thats when the goverment should step in a subsidise or pay for said healthcare.

So it would not matter if one close to me fell ill and could not afford insurance as the goverment would cover them,

Each individual would only have to pay what they can afford with the rest paid for them.

Ones does not have to choose between 100% state healthcare or American dog eat dog hell.
edit on 27-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I agree we are going round in circles.

What you are saying is that we should have health insurance paid for by the individual that can afford it but have full health insurance for those that do not have the means to pay for it.

I think we have a pretty good method of means based insurance in place for that already do we not?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join