It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Amazing How-To Sites to Teach Yourself Anything

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
are you adjusting for loss of material? what i mean is do you account for the thickness of the blade and adjust for what it will cut out

a reply to: marc72

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
so where is this link to these websites? a reply to: onequestion

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Ok at first glance looked to be good, but the first one I clicked call tricklife is not good, rated "dangerous" on most of it's tutorials. How to make guns or gun powder, bypassing school software, hacking kind of stuff,. It was a trick alright because It said self improvement.

Not checked the other sites listed on your link.

Readers beware! Do not send this to children or irresponsible people.
edit on 27-11-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
No offence but this is crap. Mostly cheap tacky sites or teaching bad things, you should have spent more time going through them before reccomending this .

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: safetymeeting

Thats what you get when you cram peoples heads with useless information.

Listen... i can retain information better then most people, but theres a limit to what i can retain and most of it is stuff i need to retain.

For instance... i have 2 marketable skills. I can set tile, install hardwood and laminate floors and im a boxing/mma instructor. I dont have anymore room in my head to learn anyother skills. I used to know some programming learned some python, html, c and all of it. I stopped because i just dont have the patience to learn anymore complicated and intricate skillsets.

I'm currently doing general construction and electrical. I'm laying tile now in my basement. Prior to this is was business management for a decade working for a .com travel agency and I went to school for Graphic Design, Painting and Illustration. The business job started as an agent worked my way up and construction as an apprentice. I also taught myself day trading and none of it had anything to do with what I went to school for.

I think next I'll learn to fly a helicopter. If you find a DIY guide for that please send me a link. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Good work, The site could be a valuable resource.

The problem is what you have learned amounts to nothing unless you have that scrap of paper. And that scrap of paper can cost tens of thousands of dollars to get and still won't guarantee someone a job. A generation of kids have been promised a bright future but for some the only promise is a burdening debt.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

No offence but this is crap. Mostly cheap tacky sites or teaching bad things, you should have spent more time going through them before reccomending this.

Quit whining.

Your subjectiveness is annoying.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: safetymeeting

Thats funny... cant tell you how often i see fresh grads having to be trained on the job.

College is an advertising ploy, real learning happens on the job with experience. Apprenticeships is where its really happening.

Now if we can only get the bosses to agree... lol. All this stuff is good to know, thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion I was so impressed with the site you mentioned. I bookmarked it. I will be spending several hours exploring the site. Thank you for a great find.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well you've got me interested but where are the links?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: safetymeeting
Oops dumb American using standard not metric
a reply to: marc72

We use standard in the US because it makes it easy to spot counterfeits and more expensive for the counterfeiters.

You would not believe the number of chinese counterfeits that use metric where the US products they copy use standard.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Where's the link?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Learn How technology work from mobile to science and more. great articles...
just visit : How technology work
edit on 5-12-2014 by naasir123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join