It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the MSM be held accountable for inciting a riot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ive noticed during this entire event in Fergusen that it almost like the MSM is trying to incite a riot for ratings. Has anyone else noticed this? Im just wondering if this is really the case... If it is should they be held accountable in court? It really seems like the MSM is almost feeding into the incidents so they can capitalize off of it.

Does anyone else see this happening?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't see the inciting it... but covering it gets lots of viewers, so sure they are going to cover it 24x7
edit on 25-11-2014 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The MSM has always played up incidents. Either to sell papers, raise TV ratings or now gaining larger interweb percentages.

No surprise.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Brown's father should be charged for inciting violence.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
Brown's father should be charged for inciting violence.
Step father actually...

And I use the term loosely!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

On another thread.
One was claiming to have seen "Actors" ...( trying to track the video down )
The poster noted that in a feed from a helicopter... an older woman drove up to police, got out and started flailing about..
It seemed to distract and cause confusion to to officers....

In another.. it was claimed that reporters were in the middle of a tear gas attack by police...
Yet the reporter was not exhibiting signs of coughing or eye iteration...

If this is a deliberate set up by media for ratings.
If this is true... and it is yet to be proven..
Then yes! By all means they should be punished to the fullest extent for creating a viewing atmosphere inciting more violence.

Don't put it past MSM...
Remember NBC news rigging pickup trucks to explode on impact with the fuel tanks?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If anyone is to blame it should be the spoon-fed couch potatoes and gullible masses who relish the sensationalism without thinking outside the box or looking beyond a TV screen or headline.

That's why places like THIS are so important. A filter so to speak which points out the flaws, actively investigates and directs our gaze to more than a corporate agenda and limited information.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

YES!!!!

Sorry for the one word answer to your question.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fenian8

YES!!!!

Sorry for the one word answer to your question.

Oh but that one word is enough!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Watching all of this unfold has made me wonder if inciting a riot wasn't the goal all along. They did hold off on releasing the grand jury decision until monday night which prevented the riots from going all weekend, which i can understand, but why did they wait until after sundown to announce the decision?

If I wanted to prevent riots and looting, i would have announced the decision early in the morning. The police would have had many hours of daylight to monitor and shutdown any violence. The people who were instigating the violence would not have had the cover of darkness to hide their movements and it would have been much easier to keep the situation under control.

I am no expert and I am sure there are other factors I am ignorant of that may have lead to their decision to change the decision announcement from Friday to Monday evening, causing the anger and frustration to build and fester over the weekend. From my perspective it appears as if they WANTED and encouraged riots, all while doing just enough to not be held accountable and being able to say the "did all they could" to prevent them.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think the Press do have a part to play on the negative side.
If no one was watching and listening it may not have kicked off the amount of times it has.

With a lots of cameras about I think there is a compulsion in some to make things happen.

There was a scene on CNN last night were the presenters spoke in shocked hush tones at the violence going on,
whilst the camera was zoomed in to a trash can on fire for like 5 minutes.

It ended up getting a lot worse.

Some Marching protesters were seemingly unaware as whilst violence was in one area, another stream had people pleased there was no violence. It was surreal that hundreds of miles away I could see everything, yet some miles down the road didn't know what was going on, and marched on they did.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

edit on 25-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
For me, the first person who should be blamed are the rioters. I'm not talking about the peaceful protesters who are standing up for an injustice, I'm talking about the opportunists who jump at the chance to smash windows and take what they can and just think they can walk away from it.

Secondly, I blame the police, my brother worked for the police, about five years ago, and he was told that riots have a laid out plan when it comes to how to handle. they will pull the rioters together then leave a police van or something so that it can rile them up and then record them as they flip out and turn the van over.

thirdly I blame the mainstream news channels who sensationalize the riots by finding out the small isolated parts of the riot where everything is going crazy and claim to be in the middle of the riot and making things look ten times worse.

Finally, and most importantly I BLAME SOCIETY for letting this happen. I'm gonna say something here that might get my comment removed but I ask that it isn't - What's going on in Ferguson is disgusting. A person lost their lives because the police did what they believed was the right thing, probably wasn't and maybe they should start going back to the old rule of taking the person down with a gunshot to the leg or somewhere not fatal rather than taking them out like mindless drones. It makes me sick that when a black person is shot that people seem to use this as an excuse to start to go crazy and blame the police, the government the rich whatever. There is a way to fight back without having to destroy the lives of other people - Think about the owner of the shop who has just watched it get burnt down, that never seems to come into their mind.

Society is to blame for a lot of the worlds crimes. We need to start making people pay for their crimes without us going nuts when the jury's verdict doesn't fit our view.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Danny85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Ive noticed during this entire event in Fergusen that it almost like the MSM is trying to incite a riot for ratings. Has anyone else noticed this? Im just wondering if this is really the case... If it is should they be held accountable in court? It really seems like the MSM is almost feeding into the incidents so they can capitalize off of it.

Does anyone else see this happening?

If that is really the case, and i wouldnt doubt it to be. Wouldnt the next step be to gather evidence and report it to the police/feds?? How do we get these people, if its true, in a court of law??
ATS is masters of gathering evidence, why not use it?? Gather the evidence, and take them down!!

The are so much evidence avaible, that the MSM is NOT reporting real/true news, why arent nobody taking them to court??
EVERYBODY in the USA, who can see and understand what is going on, should report this and demand action is taken to put and end to this corruption!!

But then again, being that we are all capitalist, maybe we should try to understand what the word Capitalize, really means? Cause they are just capitalizing on us, just like everybody else... Isn´t that what we wanted with this system??

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I wish anon would do something productive, get some emails and text messages, record a couple skype calls and release the data to the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Obama said last night that this should make for good television...

I think Dorian Johnson should be strung up by his tongue.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
Watching all of this unfold has made me wonder if inciting a riot wasn't the goal all along. They did hold off on releasing the grand jury decision until monday night which prevented the riots from going all weekend, which i can understand, but why did they wait until after sundown to announce the decision?

It's the media that's being discussed here, not the legal eagles and the law enforcement. The evening timing was to let people get home from their work, whatever. That was down to law enforcement.

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
I am no expert and I am sure there are other factors I am ignorant of that may have lead to their decision to change the decision announcement from Friday to Monday evening, causing the anger and frustration to build and fester over the weekend. From my perspective it appears as if they WANTED and encouraged riots, all while doing just enough to not be held accountable and being able to say the "did all they could" to prevent them.

Same applies, it was law enforcement that made the decision about timing.
As for the media, they do indulge in trickery to make a case at times, but there is a need to come up with something concrete..as in caught in the act.
The only thing that gets me as of now, is what was reported in online press at the time of the shooting, when a senior officer was quoted as saying that Darren Wilson would not have known about the robbery at the time he shot Michael Brown. Listening to the statement given out last night by the state spokesman, it is clear the jurors were told that Wilson did know about the robbery, and that part of wilson's statement is that Wilson saw Brown with the cigarillos in his hand. So did Wlison know about the robbery or not? That's what needs clarification, in fact it is most important.
Were the jurors misled, or did the press mislead in the early reporting? first things first.

August 16th,
"Officer Darren Wilson stopped Brown and his friend because ‘they were walking down the middle of the street, blocking traffic, that was it,’ Ferguson police chief Thomas Jackson now says."

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 25-11-2014 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No but the cops should.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I wish anon would do something productive, get some emails and text messages, record a couple skype calls and release the data to the public.

Me to, sure, that would be nice

The truth is, that most of us, have been told our hole life, that somebody else will take care of our problems for us. That is how the system works. Get money, and pay you way out of troubles. DONT EVER DO ANYTHING YOURSELF!!! Unless you get paid to do so, offcourse

But what they tell us, isnt always the truth...
Remember that!

Peace
edit on 25 11 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Or possibly the people looting , setting fires and in general doing absolutely nothing productive should be blamed .

new topics

<<   2 >>

join