It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Wilson Breaks His Silence: I'm Sorry, And I Would Shoot Michael Brown Again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: mwood

How does any of the forensic evidence disprove racist intent on the part of Officer Wilson, exactly?

Can you point us to that evidence?

Because it seems, to rational thought, that such would have to be procured by going inside the mind of an officer in the field and proving the nature of his intent?

Applying your own logic, there is no way to prove racist intent either so why is it being implied?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Convincing??? That's rich. From the person who quoted "Cops."

Why would someone from Australia have trouble understanding the procedures of law enforcement, exactly?

Do you think there are no police agencies in Australia? That contention makes absolutely no sense. Except as an evocation from blow-hardiness.

You got caught trying to look like a brilliant debater. You got called on poor technique. And now you're trying to attack me.

When you are having a discussion with people, and you're attempting disputing their claims, you provide counter-evidence. You've done nothing more than gesture toward a graphic that turned up in your "5 minute search of Google" and now you're trying to use that to justify your repeated and blatant denials of the points of the other posters in this thread.

The only reason I bothered is that you're merely irritating in light of the common standards of discourse here at ATS.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

i never said he was hit in the back but you have over 150 ft covered and two sets of 5 rnds fired. i guess we can assume that the first set of five rnds were fired brown must have just been standing facing wilson. no body does that. at the least he would have been turning to run in order to cover that distance in the time the shots were fired apart from eachother.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Documented history from the Ferguson Police Department, perhaps?

Remember your 5-minute Google search? Why not use it?

In 2013, the Ferguson Police Department made 5,384 stops and 611 searches. 86 percent of the stops and 92 percent of the searches were of black people. Only 67 percent of the town's population is black.

How Much Racial Profiling Happens in Ferguson?

[I]t doesn’t take a federal investigation to understand the history of racial segregation, economic inequality and overbearing law enforcement that produced so much of the tension now evident on the streets. St. Louis has long been one of the nation’s most segregated metropolitan areas, and there remains a high wall between black residents — who overwhelmingly have lower incomes — and the white power structure that dominates City Councils and police departments like the ones in Ferguson.

NY Times - Racial History Behind the Ferguson Protests

The Ferguson police officer who shot unarmed teen Michael Brown had worked at a department that was disbanded by authorities over racial tensions, the Washington Post reports.

Darren Wilson and the other officers at the Jennings, Missouri, police department lost their jobs three years ago. Wilson was a rookie cop at the time.

Officer Darren Wilson Began Career At Disgraced Police Department: Report

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Documented history from the Ferguson Police Department, perhaps?

Remember your 5-minute Google search? Why not use it?

In 2013, the Ferguson Police Department made 5,384 stops and 611 searches. 86 percent of the stops and 92 percent of the searches were of black people. Only 67 percent of the town's population is black.

How Much Racial Profiling Happens in Ferguson?

[I]t doesn’t take a federal investigation to understand the history of racial segregation, economic inequality and overbearing law enforcement that produced so much of the tension now evident on the streets. St. Louis has long been one of the nation’s most segregated metropolitan areas, and there remains a high wall between black residents — who overwhelmingly have lower incomes — and the white power structure that dominates City Councils and police departments like the ones in Ferguson.

NY Times - Racial History Behind the Ferguson Protests

The Ferguson police officer who shot unarmed teen Michael Brown had worked at a department that was disbanded by authorities over racial tensions, the Washington Post reports.

Darren Wilson and the other officers at the Jennings, Missouri, police department lost their jobs three years ago. Wilson was a rookie cop at the time.

So you're implying guilt by association, then?

Some might even call it... profiling.
edit on 11/25/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: deadeyedick

it was just murder to chase him down and gun him down without backup that was on the way.

Except that's not what happened, is it?

The officer pursued the suspect so he wouldn't get away before he could be arrested.

The suspect decided that he didn't like being pursued so he tried to attack the officer.

The officer shot him but he still kept coming so the officer killed him to stop the threat.

There are many points where Michael Brown could have ended the altercation: initially when confronted by Wilson, after he was first shot by Wilson at the vehicle, after Wilson pursued him and told him to stop, after Wilson shot him in the arm... but he didn't. He made it clear that nothing was going to stop him from assaulting Darren Wilson and that's why he's dead.

but wilson was supposedly injured during this and logic tells one that a pursuit would have ended poorly either way givin what had already happened. one of them would end up dead and that was what he was wanting. by his actions.
again is it procedure to pursue a suspect that has injured you when you are alone and help is on the way? no it is not.

the officer should have never pursued and should be tried for doing so givin the claims of brown being armed and dangerous because he was big. tell me what in wilsons mind let him think he could handle this alone and he should chase him. he wanted brown dead and i have heard no claims of commands givin for brown to stop before he was killed.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Yes it is police procedure to pursue a fleeing felon, one would hope a police officer who is responsible for the community's safety to engage in just that.

And as far as the forensics, the blood trail of the felon, was that of him, while running and then being shot, turning around and coming towards the officer.

So no, the officer did not chase him for a long time and then shoot him in the back.

(post by IntastellaBurst removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

How does any of the forensic evidence disprove racist intent on the part of Officer Wilson, exactly?

Can you point us to that evidence?

Because it seems, to rational thought, that such would have to be procured by going inside the mind of an officer in the field and proving the nature of his intent?

If you are unable to do so, perhaps you might review the racially tense situation in Ferguson over many years, which prompted an investigation by the Attorney General into the matter? Perhaps you might review Officer Wilson's record as well?

I never said that there was no racist intent, so you want me to produce evidence to argue something I never brought up?

Where is your evidence that there WAS racist intent?

The cop worked how many years in a predominately black area and never had an incident (clean record). Seems to me if he was a racist he couldn't make it that long without some kind of issue.

The majority of the posts on here are just pure ignorance of the facts.

"he fired 2 shots in the car, then 6 more while he was running away at his back, then 6 more when he stopped running. The cop was using a Sig P229 .40 caliber which holds a TOTAL of 13 rounds.....period.
"He was on his knees when the fatal shot was fired" No, He was running towards the cop and bent over as if to tackle him to the ground, that's how it went into the top of his head. The cop said he was being charged AND witnesses said the guy was running towards the police officer. (read the grand jury evidence or witnesses.)
There is always racial tension in a predominately black area, they always feel whitey is keeping them down, I know. I lived there for many years (not Ferguson, a 80% black city and I am white)
And as far as I have read the officer has a clean record, You know something I don't? Please share.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi

Yes it is police procedure to pursue a fleeing felon, one would hope a police officer who is responsible for the community's safety to engage in just that.

And as far as the forensics, the blood trail of the felon, was that of him, while running and then being shot, turning around and coming towards the officer.

So no, the officer did not chase him for a long time and then shoot him in the back.

well i believe i asked if it was procedure to chase after being injured and backup is on the way and the answer in that case is definitly no. i did not say that he was hit in the back but that no one is gonna stand there and get shot at you will turn and run and that is what happened because we have two sets of 5 rnd shots and it is claimed that during the last set of rounds brown was facing wilson so what was he doing during the first set of 5 rnds givin that he had seconds to cover the over 150ft

i am going out of my way to see why my country is burning. i first thought it was justified but now i see it is not because POLICE PROCEDURE was not followed and wilson put his own life in danger by not waiting for back up and he chased down and gunned down an unarmed man his same size. that is murder.
edit on 25-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

well i believe i asked if it was procedure to chase after being injured and backup is on the way and the answer in that case is definitly no. i did not say that he was hit in the back but that no one is gonna stand there and get shot at you will turn and run and that is what happened because we have two sets of 5 rnd shots and it is claimed that during the last set of rounds brown was facing wilson so what was he doing during the first set of 5 rnds givin that he had seconds to cover the over 150ft

The real question is why are you trying so hard to figure out what happened when the Grand Jury already did that for you?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Are you being serious? I can't help but to laugh a little. Ever think this doesn't have to do with racism? I hope you realize how inane you sound when calling the criminal Michael Brown "innocent". This "kid" was anything but! Do people like you totally disregard a persons criminal history?

This story isn't even about people VS police. In fact, this isn't a noteworthy story at all. Well, except for the fact that the news needs a story to sell, so they clamped on and are milking it for every click they get, every TV viewer, and every news paper they sell.

Face it people, Michael Brown was a criminal. I'm glad he's no longer on the streets. I will say I wish he was behind bars instead of dead though. He and his family have no one else to blame for him/themselves though.

Here's the problem:

We're supposed to believe this was some sort of racist cop killing. But is it? From what I've seen, read, and heard, this is about a criminal who didn't want to get busted and used force on a police officer. What typically happens? They get shot. And I don't blame them, the officers. The majority of us would have done the same.

Instead of this being a "racist white cop" problem, it's actually an African-American problem. Yes, you heard right, the African-American community should be the ones in the hot seat for this, and many other deaths yearly. It's not the white police who glorify gang lifestyle. It's not white police who make crime look cool. It's not white police who promote gangster rap which in return promotes killing, drugs, prostitution, and various forms of violence.

No, it's the African-American community. I know some within the community is staunchly against the glorification of the gangster culture. For this, I applaud them. However, they are in the minority. The parents of these "gang kids" are to blame. Michael Brown's mother is to blame. Maybe if she would have raised her son right, he'd be alive today?

A good "kid" doesn't have several violent felonies on record. An innocent "kid" doesn't either. Sorry to break it to you, but you obviously need it drilled into your head. A good, innocent person isn't a criminal, something Michael Brown was.

I beg those of you with some common sense to take a real look without your over-emotional rationing. Let's say it was a white "kid", someone weighing in at 250lbs and stands six feet tall who was shot by a white cop after assualting them. Would this really make it to the news? Really?

Be honest with yourselves, because you know it wouldn't. The majority of people would see a young adult heading for a life of crime.

Well, there you have Michael Brown. A young adult who was heading for a life of crime. The fact that a white police officer shot him plays no role in any of this. Noe one single bit. This is the fault of the African-American "gang" culture. So instead of pointing fingers at others for your own mistakes, how about actually doing something like taking a hard look at what that culture breeds? Maybe it's about time you start fixing your own mistakes, because if you don't, there will be many more Michael Brown's in the future.

Don't feed the media hype, your dollar is better spent elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

looks youre the profiler

you are trying to discredit this man....
thats a very low tactic

how is it that people like you pain wilson to be evil cause he was at a disgraced dept? does not automatically mean he was involved in anything shady...
lets keep bringing that up all while we call brown an 'innocent kid' even though he attacked a cop and just before that he shoved around a clerk and stole from him..

i really cant follow this

wilson = evil, racist, white devil
brown = gentile, innocent, kid

im lost on that

edit on 25-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

(post by Kali74 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: KingIcarus

Maybe it was his hazing into the KKK...

^^^see what i mean.
perfect example

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: onequestion
Someone sway my opinion please.

He has to say that. Otherwise, he'd be admitting to making a mistake and murdering an innocent citizen. Who cares what he thinks or says? He's a racist murderer, IMO.

Whoa, wait a minute. None of us have heard all the evidence. The people in the Grand Jury did. Why assume he's a racist or a murderer?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

The real question is why are you trying so hard to figure out what happened when the Grand Jury already did that for you?

This is going on all over the internet. People are saying things like "It's alleged that..." or "I've heard it argued..." when the fact is there were eyewitnesses both black and white and their sworn testimony was different that what the media and our justice department was pushing. In one statement a black witness mentions how the event went down to another and was told not repeat it to anyone else. That's screwed up values. It boggles the mind frankly.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

i am going out of my way to see why my country is burning. i first thought it was justified but now i see it is not because POLICE PROCEDURE was not followed and wilson put his own life in danger by not waiting for back up and he chased down and gunned down an unarmed man his same size. that is murder.

You'll do yourself a lot of favors by reading this:

Wilson's statement

(post by Auricom removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join