It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Wilson Breaks His Silence: I'm Sorry, And I Would Shoot Michael Brown Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: Answer

I understand what you are trying to say, but what I don't understand is why wasn't non-lethal methods utilised? Why couldn't he just wait for back up in his patrol car from a safe distance? Even if he lost sight of Brown, surely LE could follow the blood trail?

Watch a single episode of the TV show "Cops" and you'll understand why he pursued his attacker.

There's no such thing as "watching in his patrol car from a safe distance." Once people run in a populated area, it's VERY easy for them to disappear.

Your reference for credibility in this conversation is a made-for-tv exploitation show?

My goodness.

Yeah, go ahead and interpret it that way.

The poster I was replying to is from Australia where the culture is much different. That show has many instances of cops pursuing a suspect who vanishes into a neighborhood. It's an easy reference for most people to get.

Don't be so dense.

Thanks for the advice, friend, but I don't think I'll listen to someone who quotes "Cops" as an authority on the realities of law-enforcement. You know good and well that's not what I did. I stated that "Cops" shows many examples of suspects running away from officers and not being found. You're being intellectually dishonest.

Also, if you're looking for any real credibility, you may want to desist from merely telling every poster that they're wrong, lying etc. and actually quote and link some evidence, actual evidence, you know. The evidence is freely available that shows the locations of the wounds and the documents released do not support the claim that Wilson fired at Brown as he was running away.

Nothing that is the equivalent of material from the National Enquirer, or Reno 911 or stuff of that nature. Cute... how about you come up with a logical argument that disproves what I said instead of resorting to smartass remarks?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: deadeyedick

My understanding is that there initially two shots fired. Then Brown ran. Then Brown turned around and charged Wilson, Wilson then fired ten more rounds as Brown was approaching.

That is my understanding as well from reading the transcripts.

Wilson tried to stop Brown and his friend from leaving the scene. A struggle happened inside the vehicle. Brown punched Wilson (allegedly) in the face. Either Brown went for, or Wilson went for the gun and more struggling. The gun went off twice, striking Brown one (grazing) in the finger. Brown then slammed the door on Wilson in an attempt to get away. Brown then takes off running down the street. Wilson orders Brown to stop.

It's at this point that the story becomes very mixed up. Mainly because of liars and attention whores. Too many "fake" witnesses came forward telling BS stories.

Brown is a ways away from Wilson and the patrol car. Wilson gave chase. Brown turns and begins to run at Wilson. I did not catch if Wilson ordered him to stop or not, but my guess would be he did. Brown continues his charge and Wilson opens fire 5 or so times. He then stops firing, but Brown either continues his charge, or resumes. Wilson resumes fire until the final shot hits Brown in the head, dropping him to the ground dead.

That's the gist of it. As a matter of point, I'm not a big fan of police. I certainly criticize when it is due. I just don't see it in this situation. Had Brown REALLY been on his knees with his hands up.. this would be a different story. However the ONLY people saying he had his hands up are those with an agenda. And the media is playing it up as hard as it can, continuing to push the White vs Black angle.

The sad fact is, there are police killings all the time. White on Black.. Black on White, etc. For some reason, the media chose THIS particular case to make a national issue. They seem to push the "innocent 18 year old Unarmed Black Teenager" angle as hard as possible. I've seen more pictures of innocent little "Mikey" Brown over the last few days. Why doesn't the media replay the video of him robbing the store before the shooting? Strong arming the store owner.. Why don't they air the witness recordings on that day that CLEARLY backup Wilsons version? Because it won't work for their agenda. White vs Black.

I'm sorry.. call it whatever you want. But this shooting, however unfortunate was justified. Yes.. its a shame that a young man is dead. It's a shame that Officer Wilson and his family, along with Brown and his family have to go through this. But facts are facts.

And in respect to the looters... you are all just a bunch of morons. You would have looted even if an entire jury of all blacks acquitted.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

sounds closer to the truth but over 300 ft was covered and wilso was far from his suv. it took about 90 sec. for the last 10 rnds to fire. and brown fell no where near the suv. wilson gave chase for a long time.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

sounds closer to the truth but over 300 ft was covered and wilso was far from his suv. it took about 90 sec. for the last 10 rnds to fire. and brown fell no where near the suv. wilson gave chase for a long time.

Yes that is what I was trying to say. Thank you for the numbers. I didn't go back and look them up. But yes.. they were far from the SUV. I think it was something like Brown's body was 180ft west of the suv.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It seems to me all the sympathizers of Brown need a trip to a quarantined off city like in the movie "Escape from New York" where in the Thugs rule the streets, to gain an understanding of what it would be like if we allowed the behavior that Brown exemplified to go unpunished. Did he Have to Die? no, however War is war and death happens, stay on the right side of the Law we are all suppose to follow and You should die of old age.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Brown's body was 154 feet from Wilson's cruiser. Where the hell are you getting all of your incorrect information? Chasing someone the length of half a football field is a "long time"?

You really need to go back and get all of your facts straight on this story. Seriously.

edit on 11/25/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

(post by tinner07 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

nice but one rnd in the arm was an exit from the front view and you still have 6 rnds that are unaccounted for. if he was not shot from behind then the exit wound in the front of the arm was done possibly with hands raised or covering the face. the autopsy does not rule out the account that he was on the ground only witness statments do but we have missing witnesses.

i am just pulling teeth one at a time trying to find out how you believe it is ok to chase down and gun down an unarmed man eaqual size to yourself when claiming to have been injured.

there are different autopsys that disagree somewhat witheachother and it all just depends on how they are interputed.
edit on 25-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Intellectually dishonest eh? You quoted the TV show "Cops" to "explain" the actions of law enforcement to another member.

Correct or incorrect? You may apologize.

RE: Available evidence. Yes, material is readily available, so why not, instead of merely telling these other members that they're wrong or lying, why not point out the evidence that proves your contention? Is that so hard to understand?

Unless you're merely wanting to pontificate in grand gestures toward "evidence" without actually citing any.

You very clearly and obviously used an infotainment TV show as a reference for some point you were trying to make about the REALITIES OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. No one made you make that choice. When your "evidence" presented is therefore compared with tabloids and sit-coms, and your only comeback you make to me is that I should provide evidence that counters your claims? What credibility do you have here?

Okay, here's the evidence: gestures to the actual real world as opposed to "something you saw on TV."

QED.

Not to mention, you digress to the use of profanity in an attempt to insult a person who is pointing out your faulty reasoning?

I'm not sure a continued conversation with you is worth anyone's time here. Good day.
edit on 18Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:43:48 -060014p0620141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

nice but one rnd in the arm was an exit from the front view and you still have 6 rnds that are unaccounted for. if he was not shot from behind then the exit wound in the front of the arm was done possibly with hands raised or covering the face. the autopsy does not rule out the account that he was on the ground only witness statments do but we have missing witnesses.

*Sigh*

No... still wrong. Did you actually read the descriptions of the wounds?

The hits to the arm were grazes from the front and the hit to the upper arm grazed his chest before entering the arm. None of those wounds to the arm... none of them were exit wounds from a hit to the back of the arm.

The 6 unaccounted for shots were misses. There were no wounds to Brown's back. The wounds are all consistent with someone running, not with someone who has their hands raised.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Little 5'7'' inch Wilson stated that he was in fear of his safety.

Doesn't make any sense to me other than Wislon had it in his mind that he would shoot Brown dead, and in my opinion shot him in anger. Why in the world don't officers shoot to disable? They always shoot to kill for offenses as small as robbery, and many times for no reason at all.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My daughter and I were discussing the whole matter today-and as I said to her:A lot of white Americans have also been murdered by the new "strain" of American LEO's.Since I joined ATS I've read of numerous cases.American citizens have been murdered by LEO's,period.So Americans,black and white alike,and of all ethnicities should stand together in solidarity against this most worrying and disturbing trend.

What I also said to my daughter:The MSM will Of Course lap this incident up,because there is the potential for racial polarisation.What would have gone a helluva long way towards showing unity and solidarity,imo-would have been for large crowds of white Americans to show up in Ferguson,in solidarity with the mostly black protestors.That would also have gone a long way towards taking out of the hands of the MSM,this whole matter as a sensationalist racial divisionary tool.

Everyone,black and white,seem to be distraught and highly concerned about the violence and trigger-happy attitude of American LEO's in general-i would say white Americans have missed a golden opportunity to not only show their anger and concern about the murders of unarmed civilians-but to show solidarity among race groups-a spirit of unity against oppression and murder and violence against ALL races making up the American citizenry.And that is a great pity.However,I have no doubt that there will be other opportunities.Way things are going re American LEO vs citizenry,that's pretty much a given.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: Domo1

That is a damn good answer.

I have read most every response to the OP and nowhere have I heard mention of the Personal Responsibility of Brown.

Forget for just a minute that he just robbed a store for a cigar... A Fin cigar... He was walking down the middle of the street as opposed to using the sidewalk.
I see that when I go into the city, black kids walking in the street looking around for cars that are going to have to stop for them.

The cop interacts with him and tells him to get out of the street. He chooses to disobey.

If he had just walked down the sidewalk he might still be alive to rob other people.

What if the guy he robbed had shot him? would the community riot over that?

What if the group of store owners in that community had rioted over being robbed by a black man, would you give them the same attention?

I am sure stores get robbed by blacks way more often than blacks get shot by whites but that is just deemed as natural?

Not until a white has the audacity to stand up to a black does the rioting begin.

Where is the justice for the store owners?

I think the Africans just set themselves back a few hundred years.

I wish I could give this more than one star!

And just to add, in respect to other posts. There were ZERO wounds to Brown's back. He was facing Wilson. He was never shot with his back turned. Ever.

edit on 25-11-2014 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Intellectually dishonest eh? You quoted the TV show "Cops" to "explain" the actions of law enforcement to another member.

Correct or incorrect? You may apologize. I quoted the TV show "Cops" to explain to someone who doesn't live in the US how often suspects run from the police and are not found. Period.

RE: Available evidence. Yes, material is readily available, so why not, instead of merely telling these other members that they're wrong or lying, why not point out the evidence that proves your contention? Is that so hard to understand? Already done but don't let that stop you.

Unless you're merely wanting to pontificate in grand gestures toward "evidence" without actually citing any. A 5-second Google search provides all the evidence needed to back up everything I've said but I've humored you by posting said evidence on the previous page for the especially lazy posters.

You very clearly and obviously used an infotainment TV show as a reference for some point you were trying to make about the REALITIES OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. No one made you make that choice. When your "evidence" presented is therefore compared with tabloids and sit-coms, and your only comeback you make to me is that I should provide evidence that counters your claims? What credibility do you have here? Except that everything I have posted is backed by the evidence of the case and you have done nothing but take a single statement of mine out of context and attempt to use that to discredit me... for a reason I have yet to figure out. You made the decision to take a benign statement of mine and blow it out of proportion for no other purpose than to derail the thread, apparently.

Okay, here's the evidence: gestures to the actual real world as opposed to "something you saw on TV." Again, my reference to "Cops" was to describe to an Australian how regularly suspects evade the police in a foot-chase. You've taken that reference out of context and it's plain for everyone to see that you're being intellectually dishonest.

QED.

Not to mention, you digress to the use of profanity in an attempt to insult a person who is pointing out your faulty reasoning? Referring to your statement as a "smartass remark" is hardly "digressing to the use of profanity to insult a person." You're attempting to look morally superior in this discussion but you're not fooling anybody. It's not as though I cursed at you so don't play victim and try to claim the moral high ground.

I'm not sure a continued conversation with you is worth anyone's time here. Good day. Good. You weren't very convincing anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: onequestion
Someone sway my opinion please.

He has to say that. Otherwise, he'd be admitting to making a mistake and murdering an innocent citizen. Who cares what he thinks or says? He's a racist murderer, IMO.

So all the evidence that the grand jury went over (which I assume you have read) didn't prove to you that it was not a racist murder and was justified?

Was the evidence lies? I am curious how when faced with the facts of the case you still insist he was in the wrong?

Do you know something everybody else don't or are you just too stubborn to accept what happened?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
is it police procedure to run after brown when alone and help is on the way if you have been injured. you would not hear from me if the first two rnds done the job but it was just murder to chase him down and gun him down without backup that was on the way.
How about disappearing witnesses? is that not enough to have a deeper look into the event?

surely you can see how chasing down an unarmed suspect alone and killing him when you could have waited a minute or two and had backup on scene how that would leed to civil unrest. that is what this about.
edit on 25-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

How does any of the forensic evidence disprove racist intent on the part of Officer Wilson, exactly?

Can you point us to that evidence?

Because it seems, to rational thought, that such would have to be procured by going inside the mind of an officer in the field and proving the nature of his intent?

If you are unable to do so, perhaps you might review the racially tense situation in Ferguson over many years, which prompted an investigation by the Attorney General into the matter? Perhaps you might review Officer Wilson's record as well?

edit on 19Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:03:59 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

it is clear now that wilson was chasing brown and firing at his back. after 5 or six rounds while in pursuit brown stopped then six more rounds are fired. one key witness is currently missing and unable to testify. other witnesses claim that brown was going down when the last bullets were fired. others say he was charging the officer. the only life threating round was fired and killed him instantly but entered brown at a downward angle into his forehead. the height difference in the two does not allow for that angle of entry unless brown is on his knees. givin all that it would have been correct to indict wilson.

the media hid the fact that there was a 90 second or so pursuit and led the public to believe that it all happened near the officers vehicle. it is not police procedure to chase a suspect alone when backup is on the way and you have sustained injuries. clearly this was an adrinaline fueled revenge shooting that if following procedures the suspect could have been caught later with back up. the witnesses that say brown was charging did not come foward until days later when others went missing.

It's obvious you haven't read the evidence given to the grand jury or you wouldn't be saying "It's it is clear now that wilson was chasing brown and firing at his back......Not what happened but I guess you don't care to get the facts before spouting your OPINION...the grand jury evidence...AND...the autopsy reported there were no bullet wounds in the back......

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Everyone pulling out the race cards is detracting from the very core of the issue here.

Unarmed man, shot and killed.

Supposedly Darren Wilson was punched? Have you seen the pictures of his injuries? Looks like no fist-to-face injury i have ever seen or experienced. Fists leave bruises and broken bones, not little rosy cheeks.

Cops need to know when is and when it isn't apporopriate to use a firearm. That should always be the last resort. Why cary a tazer or pepper spray if your going to reach for the gun? Why not use a less lethal means first?

Wilson's story doesn't hold water. Sounds pretty shady considering he killed an unarmed man. Now he comes out after the GJ secision and says he would do it again? Totally inflamatory, and in no way going to help ease tensions back in ferguson.

FTP and especially Wilson.

i agree....considering brown was supposed to be a large 300 pound brute with superhuman strength all he managed to do after striking wilson was leave a little red mark...something doesnt add up....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

it was just murder to chase him down and gun him down without backup that was on the way.

Except that's not what happened, is it?

The officer pursued the suspect so he wouldn't get away before he could be arrested.

The suspect decided that he didn't like being pursued so he tried to attack the officer.

The officer shot him but he still kept coming so the officer killed him to stop the threat.

There are many points where Michael Brown could have ended the altercation: initially when confronted by Wilson, after he was first shot by Wilson at the vehicle, after Wilson pursued him and told him to stop, after Wilson shot him in the arm... but he didn't. He made it clear that nothing was going to stop him from assaulting Darren Wilson and that's why he's dead.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join