It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What are the Angels? part 2 follow up but with a twist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Genesis 3
1Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”
4“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5“For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Genesis 6
1When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend witha humans forever, for they are mortal ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

-------------- The verses above are from the bible. The ones below are from the book of Enoch

The Book of Enoch chapter VI
1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' 3. And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' 4. And they all answered

him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' 5. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 6. And they were in all two hundred; who descended ⌈in the days⌉ of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 7. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. 8. These are their chiefs of tens.

---------- Notice the similarities with Genesis 6, except here they named the angels.

Now comes the interesting part.
Book of Enoch chapter VIII
1. And Azâzêl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals 〈of the earth〉 and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures.

---------This guy here Azazel, this is his first appearance, teaching men how to make weapons.
Apparently he teach men to armed themselves so they can fight and protect their beloved ones from the Nephilim. (that's what I think, could be wrong)
But instead he is the one receiving the hardest punishment. And he is not even with the angels when they took the oath of taking women for themselves.

This is his punishment according the Book of Enoch;
And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azâzêl hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert, which is in Dûdâêl, and cast him therein. 5. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may not see light. 6. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons. 8. And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azâzêl: to him ascribe all sin.

-------Sounds pretty much like Revelation 20;
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is this Azazel? Is he Satan? I have some pretty wild theories in my head, I'll be revealing later.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I really wonder why the Snake is the wisest of animals in most religious symbolism's, and why God would make the Snake that smart, when all the other animals, including man and the woman are that stupid.

And whats so secretive about this fruit anyways, it not like God hiding secrets in that little garden, or closet that hasn't been open in a few thousand years. What, the gym socks are growing moss, and little white rabbits started jumping, flocking around?
edit on 25-11-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

The snake represent the spinal column, where the kundalini energy flows from the sexual organs (symbols of energy) up to the pineal gland (awakening, consciousness).
The fruit is the knowledge.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

I was just reading the other day about some of the speculation about the wife (wives?) of Adam before Hawwah (Eve), and how people think they mothered great demonic creatures with fallen angels. Have you ever looked in the supposed merger of Metatron with Enoch? That would be so cool. It sounds like something out of a Frank Herbert novel. ;p

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

As far as I know, Azazil is satan, or one part of him

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's interesting to note they knew what they were doing was wrong. and called it "a great sin". They also knew a penalty/punishment would follow. I wonder how they knew what they were doing was wrong? Do angels have commandments as well? Or was it their conscience?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Nephilim means "Fallen". If Azazel rebelled in order to teach humans how to make weapons, wouldn't that make him a "Fallen One" (Nephilim), too?

Satan means Adversary, azaz relates to "rebellion" or "arrogance" so Azazel and Sêmîazâz would be a part of Satan (The Adversary).

Azazel means "Scapegoat", but the name could also mean "azaz" (rebellion) + "el" (against god)

The name Sêmîazâz is made of "Sêmî" (name) + "azâz" (of rebellion)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

I was just reading the other day about some of the speculation about the wife (wives?) of Adam before Hawwah (Eve), and how people think they mothered great demonic creatures with fallen angels. Have you ever looked in the supposed merger of Metatron with Enoch? That would be so cool. It sounds like something out of a Frank Herbert novel. ;p

The book of Enoch says that the creatures borne from women and the fallen angels will be called evil spirits, so they could be what we call demons nowadays. There is an old story that says that the reason for God to send the Hebrews to the promise land was to exterminates the Nephilim that survive the flood.

Numbers 13
33We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

From this we can speculate that the demons live somehow between 2 dimensions (and they can be harmed by us?).
------------------------------
About Metatron;
The Zohar, the holy book of the mystical branch of Judaism called Kabbalah, describes Metatron as "the king of angels" and says that he "rules over the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" (Zohar 49, Ki Tetze: 28:138). The Zohar also mentions that the prophet Enoch has turned into the archangel Metatron in heaven (Zohar 43, Balak 6:86). In the Torah and the Bible, the prophet Enoch lives an extraordinarily long life, and then is taken up into heaven without dying, as most humans do: "All of Enoch’s days were 365 years. Enoch walked with God, and was no more, because God had taken him" (Genesis 5:23-24). The Zohar reveals that God decided to allow Enoch to continue his earthly ministry forever in heaven, describing in Zohar Bere# 51:474 that, on Earth, Enoch was working on a book that contained "the inner secrets of wisdom" and then "was taken from this Earth to become a heavenly angel." Zohar Bere# 51:475 reveals: "All the supernal secrets were delivered into his hands and he, in turn, delivered them to those who merited them. Thus, he performed the mission that the Holy One, blessed be he, assigned to him. One thousand keys were delivered into his hands and he takes one hundred blessings every day and creates unifications for his Master. The Holy One, blessed be He, took him from this world so that he would serve him above. The text [from Genesis 5] refers to this when it reads: 'And he was not; for Elohim [God] took him.'" The Talmud mentions in Hagiga 15a that God allowed Metatron to sit down in his presence (which is unusual because others stood up in God’s presence to express their reverence for him) because Metatron is constantly writing: " ... Metatron, to whom was given permission to sit down and write the merits of Israel."

Enoch was the scribe of God (notice the parallel with Hermes Trimegistus, known as the scribe of the gods).

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

If Satan and Azazel are the same, then the question is who is bringing evil on this days. They are lock up until the day of judgement. (According the bible and the Book of Enoch)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's interesting to note they knew what they were doing was wrong. and called it "a great sin". They also knew a penalty/punishment would follow. I wonder how they knew what they were doing was wrong? Do angels have commandments as well? Or was it their conscience?

That put them in the same position as us. They can commit sin too, and they can ask for forgiveness. I can speculate that they may have our same genetic code also. That would explain how they could bare children with the women.
They may be ruled by the same naturals laws of morality (anything that seems unnatural is a sin).

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Nephilim means "Fallen". If Azazel rebelled in order to teach humans how to make weapons, wouldn't that make him a "Fallen One" (Nephilim), too?

Satan means Adversary, azaz relates to "rebellion" or "arrogance" so Azazel and Sêmîazâz would be a part of Satan (The Adversary).

Azazel means "Scapegoat", but the name could also mean "azaz" (rebellion) + "el" (against god)

The name Sêmîazâz is made of "Sêmî" (name) + "azâz" (of rebellion)

Nice breakdown.

- Yes Azazel became a "fallen" too but with a reason. He took the hardest punishment of all the "fallen".
- The thing with the names of this beings are what they mean. Ask you this: Will you call your kids "adversary" or "rebellion against you"? I don't think so. Unless they were already chosen for that purpose.
In the case of Azazel his name means scapegoat.

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary scapegoat means:
: a person who is unfairly blamed for something that others have done
: a goat upon whose head are symbolically placed the sins of the people after which he is sent into the wilderness in the biblical ceremony for Yom Kippur
a : one that bears the blame for others
b : one that is the object of irrational hostility

So, Azazel was unfairly blamed or bears the blame or is object of irrational hostility.
He give men the knowledge to make weapons and shields.

Who other guy in the bible was too "unfairly blamed", "bears the blame of others" and was "object of irrational hostility"?
Jesus.
Let's see some Jesus words:
Matthew 10
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household."

- He also bring a sword for mankind.

Who this Azazel is?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

If Satan and Azazel are the same, then the question is who is bringing evil on this days. They are lock up until the day of judgement. (According the bible and the Book of Enoch)

Azazel was the leader of the Nephilim. You don't need the leader if he has thousands of followers. Osama bin Laden has been killed, but his followers is still on earth, walking in his footsteps.

And both Revelations and the Book of Enoch (his authenticity is still not confirmed), is talking about the end of days.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i read that book once or twice. Azazel appears to have been the arms dealer and was given most of the blame problem.

Semjaza was the leader of that group, I'd guess he'd be a Satan like character in that he instigated the whole thing but got a slap on the wrist compared to some of her underlings.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

wouldn't it be hilarious if you discovered that the entities leading the things you see are already locked up in prisons?

and the reason they do it is because they are trying to get out.

ADX Florence

These guys are waiting for the Resurrection or something of that nature.

edit on 26-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Azazel also known as Azael - is an archdemon of the Judean desert and king of the serim (goatlike spirits)

In 3 Enoch, Azazel is one of the Watchers who lust after mortal women and descend from heaven to cohabit with them. He taught witchcraft and revealed eternal secrets. As punishment he was bound by angels and imprisoned in the desert in a place called Dudael until judgement day.

Azazel is one of three primary ministering angels with Azza and Uzza, who had lived in heaven. He is punished by the mark of having his nose pierced. (This is where nose piercings comes originally comes from)

Azael is one of the principal evil angels who cohabited with women. His name means "who God strengthens". According to lore. Azael slept with Naamah and spawned Assyrian guardian spirits known as sedim, invoked in the Exorcism of evil spirits.

In magical lore, he guards hidden treasure and teaches withcraft.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
i read that book once or twice. Azazel appears to have been the arms dealer and was given most of the blame problem.

Semjaza was the leader of that group, I'd guess he'd be a Satan like character in that he instigated the whole thing but got a slap on the wrist compared to some of her underlings.

Yes, all of the persons listed in Enoch apparently could produce offspring with humans. They were probably not arch angle class beings like Lucifer. They may have been some super race or order in the fallen hierarchy that joined forces with Lucifer during the rebellion.

All of these arts and crafts they possessed for getting along in the material world is a clue. Apparently they had been getting along for some time before man fell from his immortal state and was force out into this hard cold world about which man apparently knew nothing much. What resulted was a freak show world of hybrids and war primarily of which it is said "and it grieved God that He made man".

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I think these characters were junior members of a more advanced society and attempted to create their own worlds. seeking to be equal to or greater than the bosses they rebelled against.

being comparatively well educated as a result of their own upbringing they found it easy to recruit women who bore them sons who became the overlords of men, those who didn't have them as fathers.

after their sons matured and prepared to lead their own fiefdoms, the rebels, angels of lesser rank, launched their attack against their old boss and murdered him ... possibly shortly after a great feast or something similar and kidnapped his son and held him as a prisoner and energy source. for a time they felt what they had done was successful.

but establishing their micro-kingdoms proved easier than maintaining them and as the cost of holding their creation together increased their brutality increased...they paid a heavy price to carry out the act and it became clear failure was imminent.

it seems the story is common and has probable happened many times...possibly even as recent as 42 years ago.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Djinni , Jinn (plural)
one of a class of spirits that according to Muslim....
inhabit the earth, assume various forms, and exercise supernatural power
-----------

Jinn explains the humanoid Angel in the OP...
also the talking Serpent in the Garden of Eden

there is a spiritual contest/war going on for the hearts & souls of men by 2 despots.... this is not a choice between good & evil at all ~~~~
Just as the USA 2 Party System is an Illusion~ the Dems & Repubs are the same just as the Son of God vs the Morning Star
are out for your vote

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
in the 2nd (i think. it may have been the 1st) book of Adam and Eve it was Jared (who's name means descent) who left the mountain with his wife and dwelt among the offspring of Cain...it was his son Enoch that judged the fallen ones that brought his parents down and restored his line atop the mountain.

i remember being unable to reconcile this for many years because it almost seemed to suggest that the offspring of Adam via Seth and the rebels led by Semjaza were all the same, but its become clear that the Books of Adam and Eve and the Book of Enoch together describe the collapse of the established order and an attempt by a few to replace the Truth with a Lie.

and so it is today.

When Enoch inquired of Michael concerning all the secrets, not least among them the concepts of Justice, Clemency and Forbearance, Michael responded, Enoch understood and brought about the destruction of the rebels in a manner that created his book and a Legal education to all ages after him.

the Fallen Rebels, when in their holding cells, requested Enoch to intercede on their behalf...suggesting they knew who he was. They were mocked in the sense they were reminded they should be interceding for Enoch not the other way around.

and just as certain as God created the Universe...through the Law man can create the non-existence of Lawlessness, Confusion and Chaos.

edit on 27-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i've been reading and hearing various people say the system is broken and should be changed...

that it should be indicted; thus, judged.

...they should remember...changing the system is not their monopoly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join