It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Likelihood of A Female US President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What is the possibility that a woman could get elected to be president of the US, how far away is that? How well received would she be by the establishment? (Just some thoughts for discussion).

[edit on 11-12-2004 by aSEEKER]

Mod Edit: to remove ALL-CAPS from thread title.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
She'd get assassinated and/or have her character assassinated in some way...she might last a year...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks "kinglizard". I realized I had used all caps for the title (out of habit- for titles), then I attempted to edit to amend the "all caps" to "mixed text" but that didn't work.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Easy deal aSEEKER.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A great possibility. It is likely that a women campaigning president would recieve unprecedented female population vote. It would probably be difficult for her, though, to lead for an amount of time due to the unusualness of the circumstances. After the election, however, I would be astonished to not see plenty more female presidents if not the majority.

Women make better leaders ^_^

[edit on 11-12-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
She'd get assassinated and/or have her character assassinated in some way...she might last a year...

sad, but true.....thats if, she even got her party nomination, in the first place.
Connecticut, (a state in the U.S.) once had a female governor(the first one in U.S. history), her name was Ella T. Grasso.
Unfortunatly, Mrs.Grasso died of cancer, while serving her second term in office.
She was loved by the people of that state and was considered someone who made the world a better place, just for having her in it.
I believe Ella T. Grasso would have made a fine "President of the United States".-j; )

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
didnt a woman run for the white house this time
but drop out? ( forgot the name )

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
we already had a woman president. hillary clinton ring a bell?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
didnt a woman run for the white house this time
but drop out? ( forgot the name )

Geraldine Ferraro would have been VP if the ticket would have won in the 80's. That was Mondale I think.

BTW, with the state of American politics a woman won't be elected any time soon. You would get crap like, "What if she launches a nuclear attack because of PMS"? If you think I'm joking look at the tripe spewed by both sides in the media, or should I say "and" ther media, in the last election.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
......as in evolution, a dramatic occurence sometimes 'fast forwards' the process.
Should we get the impeachments & police action against the current administration that are deserved, the 'backwards' element of American politics will be backseated.
There are tremendously gifted, intelligent and effective women in politics now; I'm a big fan of Mary Landrieu....that accent & intellect will take her a long way......man or woman candidate, sex appeals important.

new topics

top topics

join