It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Nurse Amber Vinson has her Attorney Ask Bridal Shop for Refunds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: FlyersFan

What A terrible person this woman is. I feel sorry for whoever the groom is. If I was him this would be a wake call of having a crappy marriage and spoiled kids.

She is self absorbed and just downright mean.

But we won't be too judgmental will we...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You are correct. She did nothing wrong. She asked and was told it was ok. She even told them she had a slight fever. I mention that because someone accused her of hiding the fact with Tylenol which was bull crap. a reply to: gorsestar

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
No she didn't cover up. She told them she had a fever. They told her it was ok.
Oh an lo and behold... it was ok. No one got sick. a reply to: Violater1

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Can you imagine trying to sell a dress that an ebola patient tried on?

"50% off! Only one ebola victim wore this! Get it while it's virulent!"

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not her fault. The shop owner made the decision. And most people don't know this but shop owners insurance covers losses like this if a shop is forced to close. We were covered when hurricane Floyd forced us to close for a week due to electricity outages. If the shop owner was forced to close she would have been covered but since she decided that herself and I read it at the time then it's her loss. Amber was told she could go on this trip. She didn't set out to deceive anyone. I don't agree it was a smart move but all the same she tried to do the right thing by asking before she went. As for the refund on special order items you usually have to sign that you will not get a refund so the lawyer probably won't win the case but often the shop will just go ahead and refund anyway to avoid court costs. That's probably what her lawyer is expecting.

reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That just silly. She wouldn't have to say anything and the dress is not contaminated in the slightest. reply to: ScientificRailgun

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

But people would ask. And people's fears guide them to make decisions that may not be entirely based on reality. People still avoid black cats because they believe they bring bad luck. It's not unreasonable to many people to be cautious about shopping at a place where a known ebola patient had visited. Is the fear founded in reality? No. But that doesn't make the fear, and the consequences thereof any less real either.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: FlyersFan
what a waste of time and energy... all that effort over 480 dollars

sheesh... some people milk everything don't they?

shaking my head over this

I agree it's dumb but the lawyer is probably in it for publicity. He sure isn't making any money and Vinson won't see that $480.00 even if he wins. I don't know what she's expecting out of this. People already hate her (as evidenced by this thread alone) for going on this trip. She has to know this will only make her more of a pariah.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm in retail. I offer refunds on special order cancellations when I must. Then I'm forced to sell the item at a discount because the manufacturer won't allow a return. It's not often and usually it's complicated. When I do have to sell at a discount I can usually say this item is usually this price but I'm looking to clear out the racks so will let you have it for this much. People don't ask for a back story ever. They just appreciate the discount on the merchandise. And my products are along the lines cost wise to a bridal gown. Big ticket items. I also have a no refund policy but sometimes we do it anyway. Or just put it on a clearance rack and leave it at that. Dress styles get discontinued all the time. My merchandise gets discontinued or phased out and I put remaining stock at a deep discount to make room for new stuff. Believe me no one needs to know the story behind the dress.

reply to: ScientificRailgun

edit on 1212014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Younker said she occasionally makes exceptions to her store's usual policy against refunds, but that it's not feasible in this case.

At op source link.

That's all I need to see. It was a non-refundable deposit in the first place. The store owner was under no obligation to even entertain a request of a returning a non-refndable deposit.

Might it have made a difference to anyone avoiding the place due to their concerns regarding the incident?

Not likely, at least in my opinion, and thus there would be little to no benefit to the store owner for refunding a non-refundable deposit.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If I happened upon that store, knowing what happened there, and saw a dress on a discount rack that I liked, regardless of my fear or not, I'd ask if it was worn by Amber. If only because I'm curious, mostly, but I would still ask.

If your store was suddenly (in)famous overnight due to something like this, people WOULD ask questions.

Of course I wouldn't ask questions about the dress beyond possible manufacturing faults as the reason for it being on clearance at a normal store. But this store is unique in it's situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I don't remember seeing the name of the shop anywhere. Perhaps in the Akron papers it was mentioned but I don't know the name or where it is except it's in Akron Ohio. The story is quickly fading as the threat of any further victims from this event is now at zero chances.
In another month or two it will be forgotten and when it is that dress will be on a clearance rack somewhere and no one will be making those connections.
edit on 1212014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There are loop holes in every policy. For instance even though I have a no refund policy on deposits for special orders if the item does not come in within the specified time frame I am obligated to refund the deposit. If the item does not arrive exactly as specified I am obligated to refund the deposit. I had a case once where the customer who ordered the merchandise died. I was obligated to refund the deposit to his estate. A no refund policy is usually enforceable if the merchant delivers as promised but it's not written in stone by any means.
A merchant will often cave rather that go to court. I'm willing to bet that is what this lawyer is counting on.
reply to: jadedANDcynical

top topics

<< 1   >>

join