It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh My God!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Higgins , that's what he'd say.
Jonathan Quayle Higgins III was a character in the easy to watch Magnum, P.I. TV series , he was an Englishman in one of the best US TV detective shows of the 80s , I really liked the show and the fact an Englishman was the straight man to Magnum was great.

So after 30 years imagine my surprise to discover that actor John Hillerman who played this quintessential Englishman is an AMERICAN !! ...Oh My God !

I doff my cap to you Mr Hillerman , the job of an actor is to make the audience believe ..... I believed.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS THRED! In High School my best friend and I watched Magnum religiously every thursday night on CBS. And "Higgy Baby" as T.C. called him was our favorite character. The tight assed Majordomo was famous for being the director for every Anglo-Hawaiin charity, association, or chapter of something on Oahu. And we once compiled a mix tape of every "Ohhhhh, myyyyyy, GOD! Quiet oh my god. Or regular Oh My God! we could manage to tape. (VCR's were still a luxury item back then) Hilarious. I loved it how Magnum began to think he was really Robin Masters and payed someone that sounded like Orson Welles to jet set all over the world so he could write the mystery novels and the ever important "Memoirs" in relative peace. Gawd I miss that show, thanks for dredging up a VERY good and specific memory from the good old days.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Spader because: spellING

edit on 25-11-2014 by Spader because: AGAIN

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Huh, had no idea.
Loved the show, and of course, had a huge crush on Magnum.
But I really loved the way the dogs always listen to Higgins. Always good for a laugh.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Oh, and I forgot. I can't believe you didn't see Blazing Saddles. John Hillerman played Howard Johnson who built his Ice Cream Parlor with his own two hands. And, he also was the person who welcomed the new Sherif of Rock Ridge "with a laurel and hearty handshake to our new….." well i guess you should go to youtube and watch the clip. He is an American and I can't think of any of his other many roles in which he played an Englishman, which he did so convincingly and won two Emmys for Best Supporting Actor.

edit on 25-11-2014 by Spader because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2014 by Spader because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join