It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish President Says Women Shouldn’t Be Considered Equals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The first few posts are a little confusing as if talking about physical differences. Ie even if you are a strapping 6 2 inch body builder who can handle yourself well, according to the dog eat dog workplace, there is always going to be a bigger fish. And this is the concept of equality?

Equality as it is used in the constitution and all documents throughout the ages is an intrinsic value, it has nothing to do with size, and function. A mentally handicapped, girl in India is EQUAL to the most fit and and most intelligent business owner or scientist on this planet.

Just like a family is Equal, with all the different roles. For example, if a family buys a farm and runs a business, and produces offspring, you'll have various roles divided up, hopefully according to physical ability and talents. One may be mechanically minded, one is good with teaching and children, though kids are hardwired to need mom and their primary caregiver, they recognize mom's voice and scent. Nature is very intelligent in the way its managed. Even the elderly and those who are handicapped in the family have a role of making you question the way you're doing things, and start to soften the heart and grow up more.

Each is on lessons and assignment here on earth, and could you imagine if everyone's talent on the farm was invention, but no one could plant the garden. You'd all starve!

Grow up! Its all work of equal value and even the handicapped one is there to wake you up, and doing a good job too.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Actually i think equality means everyone have the same rights, not that everyone is equal, your example is bad

A mentally handicapped, girl in India is EQUAL to the most fit and and most intelligent business owner or scientist on this planet.

Sure they have the same rights and no one is more than her, but i'm sure you would not allow a mentally handicapped to work in a nuclear reactor, either a man or a woman. and the declarations Erdogan gave were in work context.

“You cannot make women work in every job that a man works at, as in Communist regimes,” he said. “Give her a shovel and make her work — this cannot be. It would primarily be against her delicate nature.”

The thing is are works that cannot be done by women? as most have cleverly said they all are or know woman bodybuilders so clearly no

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Maybe somebody should tell him about the landgirls we had in the UK during the war. Or the millions of women who have worked in agriculture since the dawn of farming.
edit on 25-11-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Equality means, everyone is equal! Equal rights is just how to have a just system. The intrinsic value of all life, all of your same species is not only what it means, but no one leaves this lower level insane asylum called earth, or other places like it, until they start to get it.

It's a Family. And no university college kid comes home and bullies his brothers, one with downsyndrome, the other in grade school and tells the, they're not equal to his brilliance, and its only about equal opportunity. Well I mean a few demons in training may, but they'll soon find out what lower levels are like, where the pyramid system gets far more dense and entrenched, and what being on the bottom means, while they recognize their soul families and start to get what it was all about.

Seriously, A, B, C's of life, and 1, 2, 3' of life and knew this stuff when I was preschool age.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Seriously, A, B, C's of life, and 1, 2, 3' of life and knew this stuff when I was preschool age.

what a superior little thing you must have been.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Aleister

It will be a rocky road for some Mideast and other nations to give women full equality, but it won't take very much to get that ball rolling quickly (i.e. it's already been taken a long way by the brave young girl who stood up for educational rights).

Well..you're entitled to your opinion. I don't see it happening. Areas in question are mostly Islamic. Islamic culture and it's law abiding religious doctrine dictates built-in gender inequality..."legalized" gender inequality.

While that is true, you seem to ignore the fact that within the Vedas (India) is something similar, and within Christianity and Judaism (USA....Israel), the superiority of Men is also indoctrinated via into followers via the scriptures (or atleast was).

To suggest that Chauvinism is exclusive to Islam is beyond ignorant. All of the Abrahamic religions are chauvinistic. So are many others as well.

No it's not exclusive. But remember...western laws are not dictated through religious doctrine. That's why you have your "Freedoms"...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join