It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isordil (Isosorbide Dinitrate)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi

done some searches about Isordil but not much info about it.
States it treats angina but not much else on it.

I need some info on the origins of the drug. Any research findings/links to info would be much appreciated. If anyone can add some info here that would be great.

cheers

tried heaps of different search questions but no luck on lab test results etc.

edit on CST07000000Tue, 25 Nov 2014 07:33:29 -06003329am328 by Thurisaz because: expand

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It sounds like a character from a Tolkein book.
I did a quick google and got this.
www.drugs.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
It sounds like a character from a Tolkein book.
I did a quick google and got this.
www.drugs.com...

I've named Dungeons and dragons characters after erectile dysfunction drugs and nobody flinched. Sildenafil.

I haven't heard of the substance from the OP either.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

lol yes it does...

found some info and lmao when only contained the heading and no info.

found some other info...but nothing so far on the history/origins/lab tests

would love to see any data from the 1950s.

chemspider

History of the synthesis and pharmacology of isosorbide dinitrate.
Carr CJ.
Abstract
A major research program in the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, in the 1930s was the preparation of a large number of sugar alcohols and their anhydrides as substitute carbohydrates for diabetic diets. As an outgrowth of this work, many of these polyols were converted to their nitrate esters and investigated for their vasodilating properties. The organic nitrates that were synthesized were examined for their potency, duration of action, and possible therapeutic use. It was demonstrated that, contrary to prior belief, the depressor and vasodilating action was exhibited by their own molecular structure and not through hydrolysis and reduction to nitrite. The search for the finer mechanism(s) of action on the vascular musculature showed that these nitrated polyols and their anhydrides inhibited arterial adenosine triphosphatase, although this enzyme inhibition did not correlate with pharmacologic activity. Today the mechanism of action of these drugs is not clearly understood at the cellular level. The 1,4:3,6-dianhydrosorbitol 2,5-dinitrate (isosorbide dinitrate) was synthesized, studied, and reported in 1940. It appeared to be a useful drug because blood levels of the unhydrolyzed ester were found to persist for long periods of time. Subsequent clinical studies in the 1960s demonstrated its prophylactic value in angina pectoris and its prolonged action as a therapeutic asset. In 1967 the mononitrate was shown to be formed in vivo when the dinitrate was administered orally and has been studied as the possible pharmacodynamically active moiety.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

History of the synthesis and pharmacology of isosorbide dinitrate.

edit on CST08uTue, 25 Nov 2014 08:11:53 -06001153am328 by Thurisaz because: add link

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nitrogen compounds can increase the size of the blood vessels so they can allow flow better. It is the NO2 that usually does it. It also increases heart rate a bit. The medicines in this field vary quite a bit.

Maybe try eating hot pickled eggs once in a while or have tacos more often. Spice up your life. Beats taking pills.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
OP LISTEN UP

You gotta be able to do your own research, ATS can only do so much and ATS even contains shills as well as those who mean well but are too "slow" to be able to help you, those kind can't even help themselves.

When I needed angina unplugged for person I know, I did proper research and found that EDTA chelation will do the job in 5 months.

And EVEN better, 4000 milligrams of pure vitamin C without sugars and other filler additives like Talc or artificial sugars of any kind, will in 5-6 months of daily use as a first thing when you wake up clear the plugged arteries.

It will have DRANO effect and will slowly dissolve the plague

Don't expect people on ATS to do research for you, learn to use google, I am one in 10 000, don't think I am the norm on ATS

IQ 140, that's not norm on ATS either
edit on 25-11-2014 by WineWithIce5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5
IQ 140, that's not norm on ATS either

Apparently it doesn't help much with grammar or spelling. Unless you meant that vitamin C can cure the plague.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

It's a vasodilator. You take it to increase the blood flow to the heart, usually, but it also causes a drop in blood pressure like all vasodilators.

Not as bad as nitroglycerin, though.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

thanks for your advice.

I only ask other ATS Members if I am having no luck getting info. Usually, ATS Members have other knowledge they can share. I always thought that is what the forum was about.

cheers

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
finally found some real info:

irreversible oxidation of proteins, lipids, and DNA within the cardiomyocyte, and can trigger cell-death pathways.

Mitochondria as a target for the cardioprotective effects of nitric oxide in ischemia-reperfusion injury.

also, more importantly, not much is known about Isosorbide Dinitrate at a molecular cellular level

Research on a similar drug, isosorbide dinitrate, was initiated by Porjé in Stockholm. The drug was first marketed in Sweden in 1946

Historical aspects of nitrate therapy.

so far, not much data/info available about Porje.

My pc can't translate this info:

Datura stramonium

edit on CST09uTue, 25 Nov 2014 21:20:05 -06002005pm328 by Thurisaz because: add link

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I realise that a lot of Members may not share my enthusiasm about this, however.... from my research the isordil (nitrate compound) can destroy DNA and create cell death pathways very quickly.

so again, I ask any Members, if they have some knowledge about nitrogen compounds at a cellular level... please share.

cheers

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz

I realise that a lot of Members may not share my enthusiasm about this, however.... from my research the isordil (nitrate compound) can destroy DNA and create cell death pathways very quickly.

so again, I ask any Members, if they have some knowledge about nitrogen compounds at a cellular level... please share.

cheers

You read it backwards. The isordil was protecting the mitochondria from reperfusion damage.

You can't just search for keywords and pick the most doomy sounding bits.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

...it is quite possible that after the amount of info I have read, I could have become lysdexic....

w17h 411 du3 r35p3c7, 1 d154gr33.

new topics

top topics

join