It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Astral Projection BS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: skyblueworld

www.collective-evolution.com...

Shame your mind is closed as science is exploring these topics seriously. However it's your rant.
Have at it!

Can I just ask what makes that link fact, over other sites?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It cites several scientific studies done leading to the conclusion consciousness is external, or has external applications.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I can decipher that You're serious in Your quest so to act as a 'conduit'..

You are NOT Your body. That/those voice(s) in Your head are for EVER, this 'time' it speaks w/an English accent.. Instead of trying to Astral Travel to save some quid on some air-fare, why not try a meditation to visit the Akashic Records??

You cleared Your chakras before beginning?

Try some meditations seeking the 'Akashic Records'

You have to walk before getting into a FULL GALLOP ...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Can I just ask what makes that link fact, over other sites?

Why don't you just provide a list of sources you'll accept?

You ask for evidence, we give you evidence, and then you criticize the sources. We've all played this little game here at ATS before. So why don't you do the completely and grossly unscientific thing of censoring information sources up front so that we don't waste anyone's time?

Hopefully you see how ridiculous that is.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Extraodinary claims require extraodinary proof. But for those who refuse to believe...or choose not to believe...no amount of extrodinary proof would be enough.

So there is nothing I can give you that would be enough.

Honestly? In this world there are way more than just the primary colors....but we dont see them all, correct? They must be blended with others to be created.

And astral projection is not one thing. Call it "intentionally-directed meditation". Thats all. Still in your room, eyes closed. Can you still see things? Bedspread? Lamp? Computer? Shoes on the floor?

If you can see those...then you are one 1/8 the way to 1/2-way through comprehending....yet a long way off from going where you want to astrally...but youve bought the ticket..

MS

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hey Skyblueworld, if you don't mind I would like to give you my experience on this topic, in addition to what I think is typically wrong with the way its presented to those unfamiliar with it. "Astral Projection" is typically lumped in automatically with virtually every form of spirituality or enlightenment marketed to the mainstream. It takes much of the same type of abuse that Ufology does in that there is a core experience that is in and of itself, very real; but finds itself hijacked by self proclaimed psychics, mediums, and charlatans and incorporated into their world view. Naturally this doesn't come across well if you're selling books, bracelets, crystals and workshops.

I must emphasize that the experience itself is definitely not the product of an ill, or schizophrenic mind, nor is it comparable to a vivid daydream. I'm not going to sit here and attempt to convince you that we even have a soul, let alone that it leaves the body. In fact, If you read some of my recent posts you will see I have been having my own little 'crisis' in this area. I think that's relevant in showing you that I have no particular agenda.

If you're anything like me or even most people that are presented with a pretty big claim, you probably scan for some idea of a person's 'demographic' based on what is presented to you. That being said, let's get a few things out of the way.

1. I'm a 36 year old male. There is no mental illness in my or my family's history save for the rare occasional bout of depression.

2. I am fit, exercise, weight lift etc. I take no medications whatsoever except a multivitamin. As far as drugs go, I have enjoyed a little pot from time to time but in the interest of my lungs its a habit that I might indulge in 4-5 times a year if that. I can say about the same for alcohol.

3. I'm not religious or particularly spiritual, perhaps philosophical to some degree. I'm open-minded about almost anything but tend to remain more scientific about things until I see proof. I have as of late been succumbing to a more materialistic view of the universe, even though I absolutely hate it, and even though I have had experiences that contradict it. lol

With that out of the way, I must tell you that I have had more than a few "Out of body" experiences, most of which took place when I was younger. I know "testimonies" can be tedious and anecdotal, and I apologize but in the interest of giving you what I consider a fairly objective view, I think it might give you a little perspective to work with.

When I was really little maybe since 5-6, I would wake up occasionally with what my parents assumed were nightmares. I would hear and feel this "roaring", or buzzing, or white noise sensation in my head. I don't know if "loud" is the best word to describe it as much as powerful. It's a hard thing to describe because the experience itself isn't exactly auditory or visual, but when your mind remembers it, it can only do so relative to the stimuli you're used to. It feels like you're being violently shaken, at least to me. I've read so many different terms to describe it that it tends to have a different flavor for everyone, though "vibrations" comes up a lot. I did sometimes have "normal" nightmares and bad dreams by the way like any kid.

While this was happening, as you may have read in other peoples accounts; I was paralyzed. I would try to call or whimper to my mother or even just to whimper but I couldn't. My vocal cords simply wouldn't work. It would never last very long, and all I could do was wait for it to pass until I could finally cry, yell or whatever to get my parents to come in. I'd say that is the classic sleep paralysis, assuming it is the exact same thing. As a kid, it wasn't really the paralysis that got to me, but the roaring, shaking, noise-like sensation. I was very much aware that I was in bed even though there was only darkness. Either way, It was quite terrifying to say the least.

As I time went on, this would occur at least once or twice a week, with varying breaks over the years. After awhile, I learned it was easier or I should say it would pass quicker if I didn't fight it i.e. try to move or scream. It would slowly wear off and I even got to a point where I didn't have to call for my parents anymore.

This seems like it might be 1 or 2 posts long so I'll post this so far for the sake of time and eye strain.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BS_Slayer

Around 12-13 years old, my father got me a book at a flea market it was one of the volumes of an old TIMELIFE series called Mysteries of the Unexplained, and in one of the chapters they talked about Robert Monroe, who you may or not be familiar with. He was an author, and arguably one of the pioneers of bringing the phenomena to public attention. Before I continue I want to point out that I am not a proponent for the Monroe institute, I don't know much about it at this stage of the game but I have heard they are charging lots of money for their workshops which turns me off a bit.

What I liked about his book, 'Journeys Out Of the Body' was that it really wasn't this pretentious package of believe systems about energies, spirits, and specifics. It talked about his experiences and to my astonishment, the vibrational, scary, sleep paralysis thing. To a kid, this was extraordinary considering I had never met a soul that had any idea what I was going through. Needless to say, I started playing with the techniques he talked about and that started the ball rolling.

I have had some very intense, unforgettable, experiences. I would even go as far as saying it is very difficult to convince myself that I am not more than my biological structure. Even in the face of Neuroscience which from what I've read, can reproduce these experiences including NDEs in a lab. It is still very difficult to convince myself that what I have experienced is not direct personal proof that I am not my synapse, as a poster in another thread put it.

Knightlight has said several things that have really grabbed my attention in that he or she has definitely experienced it. One in particular is 360 degree vision. I can not prove, and admittedly lack the tools to say with certainty that I have literally viewed real space and time in 360 degree radius. I do know that I viewed something in 360 degree radius. Could it be some type of phenomena that my mind interpreted as 360 degree vision? Certainly. I can tell you that with the fading of my memories as I get older and older, these experiences have yet to fade in any significant way. I can get more thorough in my experiences should anyone be curious in another post, but for now I wanted to at least try to stay on topic which is sometimes tough for me lol.

As you and someone else may have pointed out, there is an avalanche of reading material on the subject. A massive portion of it coming from charlatans, workshops that will charge you upward of $2000 (the Monroe Institute) just to help you work on techniques, and countless seemingly well intended but misguided people that think a surreal brainstorm is the same thing. There are series' of cassette tapes, CDs, and I'm sure MP3s at this point, and I'm not necessarily knocking them; but as a whole they don't do much to minimize the rather unfavorable appearance these topics have in general to the mainstream.

I have always maintained that there is so much suffering in the world, that if you could do as little as convince a person (assuming it is true) that they truly are more than their body, and that death is not simply non-existence, then that gift should be given for free. This feeling makes it very difficult for me to be fair to anyone who gives seminars, and workshops. If you can give something of yourself to your fellow man, or woman, that would be one hell of a beautiful gift. I am admittedly intolerant of those that feel enlightenment can come with profit. Perhaps I'm not being fair, but I am being honest. Anytime I come across something new like the Hicks for example, and the Law of Attraction, the first thing I do is look for a product.

Anyway, there I go, off topic. I hope my verbosity was at least helpful in some way.. great thread, it inspired me to intrude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join