It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

So avoid the question?
Why is wilson a kid and brown a man? Talk about spin!

No one knows the truth but two men, one is alive and covering his # and the other is 6 feet under.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mthgs602

A cover up to what?

The only evidence the Grand Jury heard was presented by the DA… the head cop.

There was no attorney for the defense present. Thats not fair and impartial now is it?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: mthgs602

A cover up to what?

The only evidence the Grand Jury heard was presented by the DA… the head cop.

There was no attorney for the defense present. Thats not fair and impartial now is it?

No "attorney for the defense" present? The determination was to be whether a trial against Wilson was warranted - which would make Wilson the defendant, and the "defense" attorney the one representing Wilson. Are you sure that's what you wanted?

There was also no attorney for the prosecution. That's because the role of a grand jury is to determine whether a court case is warranted, not to try the case. It's not an adversarial court procedure with judges and attorneys, it's a fact finding mission - to see if the facts warrant a trial.

I also saw where another poster lamented the fact that there was no "cross examination" of Wilson.

Duh!

"Cross examination" only occurs after a direct examination, in an adversarial setting - i.e., a "trial".

This was not a trial. It was a Grand Jury - whose job is to determine if there ought to be a trial at all.

I'm beginning to think there may be a large segment of the population who doesn't know how our justice system works here... which may be a very large part of the perceptional problem.

edit on 2014/11/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Hold up, just a little clarification here.
In Africa there were many different tribes, still are today. Anyways, when tribes would go to war or in similar circumstances, they would take prisoners of the enemy tribe.
That enemy would then be used as a slave.. When the African slave trade really gained popularity was when they figured out they could sell/barter those slaves away to the whites/English for gold or other commodities. Like any business person, took advantage of that.
From then on it was all down hill . Africans started deliberately capturing and selling their own to gain profits. Sad story but true.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So avoid the question?

I never avoided any question. Calm down and lets discuss this peacefully.

Why is wilson a kid and brown a man? Talk about spin!

Please provide the evidence where I ever said Brown is a Man, even though legally they both are?

Listen, Wilson is only 24 years old, just as Brown is 18 years old. But in reality they are both legally adults, so why do you and the disgusting and vile, divisionist media consider Brown a kid would be a better question? Brown weighed 280 pounds and towered over Wilson, and after he robbed a store, he assaulted a police officer and then tried to take the officer's firearm, why is that ok with you?

No one knows the truth but two men, one is alive and covering his # and the other is 6 feet under.

Yes and it's a horrible tragedy, but one is alive, and one is six feet under because the one who is six feet under chose to attack a police officer, and who also attempted to take that police officer's firearm from him. So in my opinion, Brown is dead because he attempted to steal a law enforcement officer's firearm in order to possibly murder or severely injure him, but luckily the officer's training saved his own life.

It's nothing personal Sremmos, you and I just disagree on this one particular incident. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So avoid the question?

Wilson is only 24 years old, just as Brown is 18 years old. But in reality they are both legally adults, so why do you and the disgusting and vile, divisionist media consider Brown a kid would be a better question? Brown weighed 280 pounds and towered over Wilson

They are/were both 6ft 4 inches tall

Nobody towered over anyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

Well we know he outweighed him from the interview. I searched for his height, but could not locate it anywhere. Ok then, Would it make any kind of difference if he was 170 pounds while assaulting and trying to take a Law Enforcement officer's firearm? = No.

Think about what your argument is, does a criminal with bad intention's weight or height at the end of the day even matter? Does the fact that you claimed that Brown called Wilson a pussy after beating him inside his cruiser, and me providing the link to the interview that clearly exposed your lie, make any difference at this point?

Apparently it doesn't, cause you never responded after more than a few of us proved that you were spreading disinformation and a lie. Somehow the facts mean absolutely nothing to you, yet irrational, and mindless violence against innocent citizens and people who are doing their jobs do. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

It's amazing how ignorant some people are regarding the justice system, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

He's a kid himself Taggert. Think about it, he has a Man, a very big and powerful Man, who just pummeled him and tried to take his firearm.

Do you not recall this?

Listen, Wilson is only 24 years old, just as Brown is 18 years old. But in reality they are both legally adults, so why do you and the disgusting and vile, divisionist media consider Brown a kid would be a better question?

I guess we are just as vile as you who thinks the older individual was "but a kid'!
Yes technically they are men but you just did the very same thing people do, call a young person with not much life experience a kid.

I don't believe brown went for the weapon, he is a bully and bullies pick on easy targets not those with firearms.
You take officer wilsons word as fact, he doesn't have a horse in this race at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

This is what ShepoleNation and others are doing they simply look at the external differently the Black other is the vile bad brute negro even if he is no threat his very aspect makes him one he is dangerous by default ,if he wears a hoodie,or has his hat cocked to the side,if he have a deep base to his voice,he is a threat ,if his pants sagged to his ankles or throw-out what is universally a peace sign he is a threat a fist bump is a threat,a white tattooed man with a bald head and iron cross is just a kid with a rebellious streak which time and age will remove or dear ol uncle Bob a rugged individual who loves his Rebel flag his gunz and pick-up has certain opinions he holds dear but other wise completely lovable.
When The Media Treats White Suspects
And Killers Better Than Black Victims

www.huffingtonpost.com...
klik here^ to see what I mean
edit on 27-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: Taggart

Well we know he outweighed him from the interview. I searched for his height, but could not locate it anywhere. Ok then, Would it make any kind of difference if he was 170 pounds while assaulting and trying to take a Law Enforcement officer's firearm? = No.

Think about what your argument is, does a criminal with bad intention's weight or height at the end of the day even matter? Does the fact that you claimed that Brown called Wilson a pussy after beating him inside his cruiser, and me providing the link to the interview that clearly exposed your lie, make any difference at this point?

Apparently it doesn't, cause you never responded after more than a few of us proved that you were spreading disinformation and a lie. Somehow the facts mean absolutely nothing to you, yet irrational, and mindless violence against innocent citizens and people who are doing their jobs do. ~$heopleNation

Facts? Where have you used facts, I must have missed that bit.

I seen you getting ripped to pieces by sremmos, I didn't want to kick you down even further
but once you start spread lies like "he towered over him" which is just that A LIE, I thought I should add that tidbit that they are the same height. That would be a FACT.
Also he wasn't 170lbs. he was 210lbs.
6ft4 and 210lbs. hardly a kid as you put it.

I have spread NO disinfo, instead of making sweeping statements like that, back it up with actual quotes and I will address them individually. I've wrote around 10-15 posts in this one thread, you can hardly say I'm hiding.

edit on 27/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The problem with this story and these protests are that they made them about race. Black vs White. The moment Al Sharpton and the media turned this into a racist incident all credibility was lost.

The truth is that nowadays everyone of the lower classes gets profiled. Everyone struggles. Black people may still struggle more than everyone else, but it has evened out.

Most people are not racist these days. However, when people make everything about race you turn people into racists on both sides.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldenOne23

Mostly true - with a few of the middle man steps left out. African tribes were capturing members of other tribes, and selling them to Arab slave traders who were then taking them to the coast and re-selling them to Dutch slave traders, and THOSE were the guys bringing them to the Americas and the West Indies to be put on the auction block alongside the transported Irish folk that the English were selling in the same markets.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: nenothtu

It's amazing how ignorant some people are regarding the justice system, isn't it?

It is, but that is probably a GOOD thing - it means they've not had to deal with it much, which means that in their case it's doing it's job so transparently they never even notice it, and they don't get in trouble with it enough to have to learn such things.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Don't recall much from the 60's or 70's I see. the universal "peace sign" had the palm side of the hand facing the recipient of the "two finger salute", not the back of the hand.

The back of the hand outward is something else altogether.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: transola

The problem with this story and these protests are that they made them about race. Black vs White. The moment Al Sharpton and the media turned this into a racist incident all credibility was lost.

The truth is that nowadays everyone of the lower classes gets profiled. Everyone struggles. Black people may still struggle more than everyone else, but it has evened out.

Most people are not racist these days. However, when people make everything about race you turn people into racists on both sides.

Oh please it is about race with or without Al Sharpton I bid you go here
ext Level BS #24: Decades of Institutionalized Racism Set The Stage for Ferguson
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Matter of fact Sharpton and Jackson were booed off stage for and intervening telling people to pass the collection plate and vote Democratic in the up coming midterms while I do believe they should get involve in the voting process as the city rulers are almost ivory White and corrupt just like the police force they recognized hustle when they saw it.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You just proved my point. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Anything can be "about race" if one chooses to force it to be about race. That's the whole idea behind the victimhood mindset. The problem is that when one side chooses to make it "about race" to escape their own culpability as human beings (white people were the ones doing this years ago), they automatically do a few thing they should probably think more deeply about. For one, they suddenly dehumanize themselves. They are no longer "one of us" i,e, "Americans", they are suddenly "one of them" i.e. "those folks that don't like me because of my color". Another automatic result is they automatically create an oppositional camp, a group to be in opposition to them. When that group significantly outnumbers their own group, bad things can happen in combination with their dehumanization of themselves. That puts a formidable hitch in the "revolution".

There are far better ways to go about making change. It's strange to me, in a tragic sort of way, that so few have figured those ways out, and elect to live in fear and victimhood instead.

That's.

Just.

Sad.

No chains can ever be so strong as the ones you bind yourself with. The man who enslaves himself, in his own mind, is a true slave indeed... and a sad one.

edit on 2014/11/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

Don't recall much from the 60's or 70's I see. the universal "peace sign" had the palm side of the hand facing the recipient of the "two finger salute", not the back of the hand.

The back of the hand outward is something else altogether.

You are correct so I retract peace sign I mentioned just because it's used side ways in urban communities often as a gesture while saying Peace out!! that does not make it in itself universal.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I know how it works - I used to live in an "urban community" which, as it turned out in the end (well, not "THE END" end - just when I was leaving it), actually WAS working towards "community". No lie, G.I., I ran into BLACK folks around town who were afraid of the neighborhood I lived in. it could be a rough joint, but mostly I think it was just reputation. I saw multiple carbon-copies of the photo you present every day there, although a lot of the folks weren't as well dressed or clean cut as the young man in the photo.

Like I said, I think it was mostly a reputation based on... reputation. I never had much trouble there, just 2 or 3 incidents, which I handled forthwith. Mostly it was just folks trying to intimidate me, and you know as well as I do that showing intimidation under such circumstances won't have a good outcome. I didn't, and the rowdies left me alone after that, in peace, for the most part.

And that's one of the problems. Reputation. There are people in this world seeking to build an undeserved reputation and widen the gap with it to pit people against people and prevent union and actual equality. The "protestors" in Ferguson are not helping to dispel the mythology by rioting - they're strengthening it.

That can't have a good outcome, either.

edit on 2014/11/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join